« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kellogg to Phelps

Bong Hits Aren't Grrrrreat!

2/5/2009 9:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael PhelpsApparently the taste of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes are not supposed to bring out the pothead in you -- because the company is officially kicking Michael Phelps to the curb.

After the bong shots surfaced, Kellogg was none too happy with their spokes-dolphin, and have just released the following statement: "We originally built the relationship with Michael, as well as the other Olympic athletes, to support our association with the U.S. Olympic team. Michael's most recent behavior is not consistent with the image of Kellogg. His contract expires at the end of February and we have made a decision not to extend his contract."

Interesting move ... considering Frosted Flakes are great for the munchies.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

whocares

In and of itself it is not a big deal, but after the last Olympics in 2004 he was picked up for DUI. As if he didn't learn anything from that event. I would think all those in the public eye would be a little smarter when everyone has a cell camera now, and your 'friends' are going to sell any photo for profit(s). Any mistake could take away endorsements and you usually sign a code of conduct when you are under contract with these large companies.

Just pointing out the Obvious

southerngirl says "16. Good, I think he should have all his endorsement pulled!!!!!! Please He was american golden boy, now he has to pay..Look what happen to Marion Jones..They should make an example out of him.. FAIR IS FAIR.

Posted at 7:41PM on Feb 5th 2009 by southerngirl"

What kind of moron compares someone taking a hit from a bong, which hurt no one but themselves, with a person who used steroids to cheat in competition and was convicted of fraud?

Overboard

So he wanted to party hardy! He's has been celebrating for quite awhile now!-and with the ladies! Time to take him down a peg or two...
I wonder who took the pic? I bet he's pi$$ed! I heard charges may come out of this! Bad all-American winner boy-got caught!
He should've smoked in the bathroom-with it locked! LOL!

WHAT?

Then I'm an up tight American B/C drugs in the US are illegal. Take your shi& to Mexico then!

Going to buy my kids some Kellogg's for breakfast now.

beth563

Michael Phelps is a freakin' idiot, period, point blank. And those of you standing up for him are ignorant. He's not a kid, he's not a hero, and he doesn't get a free ride just 'cause he can swim fast.

Pamama

GRRREEEAAAATTTT!!!!!! Way to go Kellogg's !!!!! It's about time the famous are held accountable for their actions.

the truth

He should put every metal he has on and give a press conference and tell the whole world why weed should be legal 1. help people dying of cancer feEl MUCH better 2. it gives us, and GAVE us the best music in the world from Jazz to Rap REMEMBER PEOPLE NO WEED ALL U GET IS JONASS BROTHERS AND MILEY WEED GIVES US THE goood STUFF

DeeDee

You know. He's young, kind of goofy looking. Talented, worked hard, won Olympic medals. I didn't watch the Olympics but when I saw him after the games, I thought. This guy is going to get in trouble. I mean, I just knew it. He was eating up the attention, fame and everything that came with it, just a little too much. Women all over him. Probably a huge deal for someone like him because he is not attractive. This is what I thought. I know this is not kind, but I believe it is probably the truth.

OhWell

Bong Hits Are GRRREAT!

octomom's 6th born

overreaction

Jeff

Our family has taken a vote & we are going to boycott ALL Kellogga products in support of Michael Phelps. He's young & if we can elect presidents that admit to youthful indiscretions, Kellgogs should wake up & quit listening to the moral minority. They got bad advice from their public relations department. We are also looking to see who is associated with Kelloggs & we'll endeavor to quit buying their products too. It would be great to see someone put up a website to get this movement public.

gigi

I am so glad Kellogs is no longer going to support him. Thank goodness someone has the guts to take a stand.

SereiaMorena

Good for Kellogg's , drugs are not OK.
I would stopp to buy Kellogg's cereal if it not drop Phelps from being the face of the cereal
Shame on you Phelps. I hope you learn from your mistake and became a better man. Drugs are bad, very bad!!

tanya

MARIJUANA IS A LEGAL MEDICAL DRUG!!!! WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL !!!! START WITH THE POLITICIANS, CELEBRITIES, AND OTHER PROFESSIONS THAT MAY BE USING HARD DRUGS AND BEHAVING BADLY. AMERICANS NEED TO FOCUS ON ENFORCING IMMIGRATION LAWS, THE ECONOMY, HEALTH CARE, JOBS AND SO MUCH MORE........IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO BE A KINDER AMERICA EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE SO MEAN.

Just a Bill

dazedandconfused pass it over to me my friend!