Chris Brown Arrested

Caught On Tape

2/9/2009 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown has officially been booked into the custody of the Los Angeles Police Department. He was driven to the station by high-powered attorney Mark Geragos.

Brown has been charged with one count felony criminal threats. His bail has been set at $50,000. He is still being investigated for a possible battery.

Geragos' past clients include Michael Jackson, Winona Ryder and Scott Peterson.

UPDATE 11:42 PM EST: TMZ has learned Chris paid his bail and was released.

videos

Chris Brown Arrested

Story developing...

RebekAH

To be honest I don't condone domestic violence, but to be honest I am routing for Chris Brown. He will serve less then a year for what happened, because LA doesn't have a law that could prosecute him because they aren't married or never was married they never lived together and they don't have a child together. So the only thing that they can get him on is criminal threat and that's gonna be hard with her not cooperating. So to be honest he will probably serve less then a year no more then six months. So BIG UP TO CHRIS BROWN, AND FOR THE RECORD THEY DID GET IN A CAR ACCIDENT SO SOME OF HER BRUISES ARE FROM THE CAR ACCIDENT THAT SHE CAUSE. ONE AGAIN BIG UPS TO CHRIS BROWN LOVE YOU

breal09

see she hit him, naw her lil licks didn't cause no damage to him physically but she caused an accident, which could have been alot worse and now he's a woman beater and she's the victim. She's the instigator if you ask me. she done hit this man made him wreck a rental car that 's he gone have to pay for a lambourgini at that she don't want to get out and she throwning his keys in the street but he all to blame huh?!

ryan

Everyone can stop slandering statements that rihanna is ugly..she is not ugly..and the other rascial slurr christ is lighted skin..My son is lighted skin my nephew ,nieces and cousin lighted skin ..So what I am black skin this assumptions and slurrs do not better nothing for the both of them. now going through now caused i am sure christ sorry emotionally and Rihanna also.Some things like these wake up people they are too young for the pictures society painted .Have any one knows if they finish their school education? yea they got money but you die off this world which takes longer living than the money and inflation rises in evey coming generation.Another thing I ask my self Barbados has wealthy ,charming ,healthy and good looking men also like my cousins and she did not pick one of her country men to be with having the same background culture instead she fly over to america to have ass whipping.

ryan

371. Everyone can stop slandering statements that rihanna is ugly..she is not ugly..and the other rascial slurrs chris is lighted skin..My son is lighted skin my nephew ,nieces and cousin lighted skin ..So what I am black skin this assumptions and slurrs do not better nothing for the both of them. now going through.i am sure chris sorry emotionally and Rihanna also.Some things like these wake up people they are too young for the pictures society painted .Have any one knows if they finish their school education? yea they got money but you die off this world which takes longer living than the money and inflation rises in every coming generation.Another thing I ask my self Barbados has wealthy ,charming ,healthy and good looking men also like my cousins and she did not pick one of her country men to be with having the same background culture instead she fly over to america to have ass whippin

availle

Have you ever heard of passive aggression? It's a vicious tool, which, when used with precision can prove mightier than the fist. Rhianna is not an innocent victim. She manipulated Chris Brown into a rage because she knew what his response would be. His behavior is not to be excused, but neither is hers. I'm a mother of four - three boys and two girls. I see this from both sides of the fence. I know that women can be cunning and manipulative. She wanted to hurt him.

mili

hm... i think she got what she had coming, because she's a slut. his dumb move was hooking up with her i mean look how many guys she's slept with already and for someone like chris comes along and her missing up his life carrer everything. i think she desvers the worst. and chris isn't the one to be blamed for. no guy will hit a girl unless its most likeing buy her cheatin or herpes aids anythin but that bitch got what was coming to her and instead of not playing his music in the radio promoters leaving all you guys need to get the truth of all of this and not just blame chris. shes a hoe. she slept with alot of people so ive read. get the whole story of everythin.

LaBoricuaIsInDaHouse

This type of behavior SHOULD never be accepted no matter who you are. For God's sake! There are woman (and men) beaten and killed EVERYDAY. Rhianna, Don't do the same mistake I did over 20 years ago. Speak up! And put that SOB where he belongs. He will do it to another sista'. You have millions of supporters.

nizmo

we'll at least now I don't have to listen to he's irritating voice whole day on the radio...& hopefully once Bubba he's cellmate has his you know what in he's mouth...he can sing..."tell me how am I supposed to breath with no air, no air...lol

Evie

Rihanna, Once it happens...it will continue to happen and it will only get worse!! I know from my own personal Past history. No one should ever be treated like this!! You need to do some serious soul searching & Do Not believe Anything that Chris tries to tell you, like trying to get you back because he realizes that he messed up! Yes, we're suppose to Forgive and Forget...but no where does that mean Rekindle the relationship. Let Go & Let God take over in your life. Stay away from people who do not love & respect you, as you do them. Stay strong!!

tmzunit

it blows he beat her. and to all the women here who still support chris...you guys are idiots...i guess as long as a brothers got money and he's not beating you yet...it's all good right? women hate women.

shame4both

I'm not an advocate for domestic violence at all so I have one question, "is a person innocent until proven guilty or what?" If Brown put such a beating on Barbados, wouldn't he be banged up as well...so where are the pics of him? OK, if she was pissed off about him getting text msgs from other women, who would start an argument, him or her? Why is no one asking if HE was abused? Is it because he's male and she's female so "obviously" she's the victim...I mean for god's sake they are both kids...19/20 yr olds...who can make mistakes...what if it wasn't as bad as what everyone wants to believe? what if it got way out of control, she exaggerated and now because all of the involvement...she can't stop it without looking bad herself...? Everyone has to be so damn PC, pick sides and excommunicate themselves from Chris because of what 's "alleged" as doing...bunch of crap. And what if she was abused...can she deal with this in privacy without everyone all in her business? Guess not, it's the price you pay for being in the spotlight, huh? Well everyone that was all over them in support when things were well and then turned their backs on him the minute things looked bad...phony, phony and phony! For "jigga" - who calls himself jigga anyway - to say, "he'll never work again, he messed with the wrong crew" is so 80's and clearly the ramblings of someone who thinks he's bigger than life. This is not a game or a get fresh crew video dumbass...this is real life so go grab a clue. I hope they both survive this and it's a total shame for both of them - they're still so young, and how many of us don't have something to regret doing when we were 19 & 20? Food for thought..

Snow bunny

Can anyone tell me if rihanna gave chris brown herpies which they say she caught from jay-z and also that the text was from paris hilton is there any truth to these rumors.

hotty

dam chris brown almost killed rhianna
i watch all the time how chris brown hits
rhianna awesome duds! u shuld wach it
go to www.tmz.com/2009/02/08 chris-brown-booked
and wach it

KONGKRETE

Rihanna Gave This Man HERPES "The Gift That Keeps On Giving". Last Time I Checked That Was Assault With A Deadly Weapon As Well As Criminal Negligence!!!!!!!!!!

pinkpanther

chis , don't let the public make you a poster child for domestic violence, only you and rihanna knows what happen I believe ever person have a right to defend themselves if that is the case. If she pass the first hit she deserve to be hit back; people girls are not all nice ,my aunt used to kick my uncle ass .He never hit back fool he got beat down. think about that. WOMEN ARE ABUSER ALSO