Text Message Ignites Rihanna/Brown Violence

2/11/2009 1:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown & RihannaLaw enforcement sources confirm to TMZ Chris Brown received a text message from a woman while he was driving with Rihanna and that's what started the confrontation that left Rihanna battered and bruised.

We're told the text message was from a woman who wrote about hooking up with Brown later.

We've also learned there is a reference in the police report to an argument over a rapper, but we've learned this is NOT what triggered the argument. The woman who text messaged Brown is not a rapper. The NY Daily News first reported the text message.

As for Rihanna's injuries, we continue to learn more. Cops took multiple pictures at the scene. Chris Brown allegedly hit Rihanna so hard with his fists, she could barely open her eyes for the photos -- they were almost completely swollen shut. She had a fat lip, her mouth was swollen, her nose was badly bloodied, and she had contusions on her forehead and both sides of her face.

Chris brown: Click to watchAnd check this contrast out (video on right) -- Chris Brown singing a song about reading street signs with Elmo on "Sesame Street."

Dr. Adams

See these ............>signs Chris...........>(Jail)..(Community service)...(money
for lawyer) ...(Tarnished career)...(Azz-hole)

same same same

helps explain what he was picking up outside of the car... his phone after she tossed it out the window....

Victoria

Crikey......note to Robyn.....keep walking away girl, don't look back!

Lucy

I heard it was none other than skanky Paris Hilton who texted him.

m dennings

me

Hmmmm, wonder what that chick trying to hook up with him is thinking after she saw the news.......Hopefully shes smart enough to get a clue too

LWood

Bastard! I hope she's smart enough to never go near him again. Right on, lizouttavegas!

anthony

keepitopen you obviously havent read past the first article on this news....yes, she went to the hospital. it is rumoreed to be cedars sinai where she was.

Candie Cane

What a f-ing LOSER he is. He is not even good looking!

Eric

I'd like for that dumb a** punk to try and hit me ......I wish I had just 5 minutes with this guy ....it would make her photo's look good.....sorry as* punk!

Layla

test

2044 days ago

Rhianna is a abuser too !

Rihanna is coming off like a victim, but not the abuser. I think it's unfair that because your beautiful, people think your a angel! She reportedly hit him everytime she felt like it! We all know girls that act bad ass for attention! I've witnessed jealous women hit their men. I know Chris Brown is dead wrong for retaliation. But, if you get punched in the face while driving. PLEEEASE you've got me fu@ked up!!!!

ashleymay100

The first thing I thought when I heard about this was the fact that he had been on Sesame Street. My kids love the show, and I was thrilled to see young talent taking time to do something for kids, but I really hope Sesame Street pulls his video with Elmo.

OnPoint

He has a sister, a grandmother and a mother. Therefore, it was no excuse for his behavior. He did not like his step-dad whipping up on his mother and would hate for someone to beat his sister or Grandmother. He is a violent coward and should be handled accordingly. The law should deal with him accordingly. I am positive that this is not the first time he's either threatened or hit her. If I were Rihanna, I would NEVER speak w/him again .... and I would keep that battered photo for the rest of my life to show my kids what "NOT" to accept from a man .....

Mimi

16. There seems to be no mention of her attending the emergency room or any medical facility. I find that odd when cops took her pictures. Surely, even in a state of shock, she would want to know if any bones had been broken. TMZ: did she check in to a medical facility for assessment, treatment, meds????

Wouldn't that it be a given that they took her to the hospital with those kind of injuries? Common sense much?