Chris Brown: So Sorry

2/15/2009 4:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BrownIt only took Chris Brown a week since we broke the story of his alleged beatdown of Rihanna to release a statement... but here it is.

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired. I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person. Much of what has been speculated or reported on blogs and/or reported in the media is wrong. While I would like to be able to talk about this more, until the legal issues are resolved, this is all I can say except that I have not written any messages or made any posts to Facebook, on blogs or any place else. Those posts or writing under my name are frauds."

A spokesperson for Rihanna declined to comment.

Amused

I love how people are like "Oh Chris must have been provoked." What is that? He's twice her size, it's absolutely unacceptable for him to attack her. A real man walks away if he's being provoked, he doesn't break a woman's face.

I wonder how many people that defend his crime have also been beaten by a man. Are you just trying to make yourself feel better about accepting abuse? It's NEVER ok, it's not simply "a mistake." It's so shocking that so many people, especially women, need this explained to them.

K

I wounder if this creep reads this...hope so...he has nothing better to do now...

ha ha...

JP

Funny how the apology doesn't arrive until the monetary impact of his actions begin to play out. So now he's gone home to his Mother and his Church....I guess he'll pray that the next woman he hits doesn't say anything.

Redtopp

blah blah blah he probably has the next 5 apologies all lined up too.... screw him! be glad he didn't hurt you worse than what he did Rihanna -- i know some girls that would have kicked his aszzz on the REAL and he would have needed an ambulance and plastic surgeon ! -- he ain't worth the trouble tho; but DO PROSECUTE!!!!!

Left broken wing

Some idiots can rationize their way out of anything.

If Chris had children and beat the crap out of them, these same idiots would say the kids must have really provoked him.

If they got punched in the face repeatedly by someone 4 times stronger, would they blame themselves for provoking their attacker? I would love to conduct this experiment.

Sad losers.

Patty

Instead of getting "counceling from my pastor, my mother and other loved ones" he should get HELP from a trained professional. Thats ridiculious!

chelle

"What's wrong" is that you smacked a girl up. He seems more concerned about some facebook comments then he does about hitting a woman. You're gonna need to learn to be a man fast when someone comes to whoop your ass Chris!

Left broken wing

Everyone who is so shocked because they thought Chris was so sweet was really fooled by his managers, songwriters, coreagraphers, publicists, stylists & marketing team. We can all be stars if we had the priveledge of having such a team to manage our every career move.

I knew all along what a thug he is. He isn't even that talented. Again, he was marketed to make you think he was talented. OK, he can bust a few Michael Jackson moves, so can 10 million other teenagers. Guys like him are a dime a dozen.

I hope next time, you can all see through the crap that the media spoon feeds you in entertainment and especially in politics.

Left broken wing

Everyone who is so shocked because they thought Chris was so sweet
was really fooled by his managers, songwriters, coreagraphers,
publicists, stylists & marketing team. We can all be stars if we had
the priveledge of having such a team to manage our every career move.

I knew all along what a thug he is. He isn't even that talented.
Again, he was marketed to make you think he was talented. OK, he can
bust a few Michael Jackson moves, so can 10 million other teenagers.
Guys like him are a dime a dozen.

I hope next time, you can all see through the crap that the media
spoon feeds you in entertainment and especially in politics.

Scott Brown

Hope Rhianna's ear is healing well after her big hoop earring was ripped out. Stitches in the lip and ear. Ouch...

Left broken wing

I hope Rihanna got at least a couple good shots in.

You can't let them take you down without a battle.

I hope she made his lip even fatter than it already was.

K

PLEASE DATE PARIS HILTON. DO US ALL A FAVOR!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!

lizouttavegas

SHAME ON YOU, YOU LITTLE FREAK! WAIT TILL IT HAPPENS TO YOU...I DOUBT YOU'LL BE SO GLIB, OR IGNORANT, THEN. IDIOT...

maria lua

Yes, I did do something to piss him off! I was once married to a military hero and I once wanted to brake up with him on a night he accepted a high position with the TSA that night he raped me while covering my mouth and beat me till I fell unconsciounce the next morning I woke up and thought to myself he could not have done what he did-he loves me and everyone loves him..(the guy had/has the most beutiful smile)...he calld and apologized, I of course forgave him and thought he would never do it again..he did reapeatedly......messed up my back, my credit, he almost broke my spirit...nope, the guy still works for the TSA .....moral of the story is Men/Women...when you get a gut feeling that you should brake up with someone do it! When your sitting down rationalizing...but he is so cute and he loves me and he is so charming leave and never ever turn around or go back!.....my story is a very sad one but I a am resilient, have love for myslef, now have an education, now have support, Men or women please tell someone if you feel you are being treated badly it could be anything from verbal...bad words, put down, to physical abuse, sexual abuse or if you are being isolated from your loved ones.......TELL ANYONE...I of course would tell family members they did nothing because my mom had gone through the same....so one day I didn't have anyone to talk to and dialed 911.....he was arrested for one day and my family or because of our culture asked me to go back to him........ I did I had no way out...or so I thought....there is Lauras house for anyone seeking help or human options...here are the numbers...1 866-498-1511 or 1877854-3554

realorfake

How do we know that is wasn't some other person who beat her and set chris up?...maybe she just wants more money...cmon now in one of the interviews her dad mentions that he hasn't even seen the bruises...theyre on top of their game now...look how far theyve come...she just wants more $$$

2012 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments