« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Manny Ramirez Loves Jews, Money

4/15/2009 1:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

With the tax deadline just hours away, Manny Ramirez spent his Tuesday afternoon chatting it up with some of his Jewish fans ... wonder what they talked about?

Manny Ramirez: Click to watch
Kidding! Just jokes people -- but on his way out of The Grove shopping center in Los Angeles, baseball's 45 million dollar man was talkin' money with us ... we think.

Most of the conversation was in Spanish, and the only thing our guy could muster up was something about the "baño."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

artie help

he is the most generous guy in the big leagues. Finally he's where he belongs. I'll be cheering front row center in my sporty front row center seats.

lut

Who stole the propellers off that guys cap?

ridiculousjobposts.com

Hey don't you hate on my Manny. He's F I N E ....and worth every penny!!!

jazzbo

Nice comments about us Jewish people. Really, really nice. Hmm, I wonder if you'd make a joke like that about other types of people. Haven't seen those yet. But you don't mind the Jewish jokes. Hmmm.

MJ

Jazzbo, Harvey is a Jew! You dope..

Mike Botz

Artie is right, Manny is generous. We were with him on opening day after the game, and he couldnt have been more generous with his time and money.

Linda Mott

Yo, Harvey is not a Torah Jew. Jazzbo is right. Jews are made fun of and it starts out as a joke, but then people continue with anti semitic cracks. I get called a Zionist and I am a Christian, that defends Jews and other ethnic slurs. I know they meant no harm, but if you said cracks about other groups, you would not hear the end of it.

Lindsay

manny is fat and lazy and not worth $45 million by any means. how are they gonna get him to run after balls? tie a sandwich around it?

go sox

Enricco

Manny is nothing more than a crack dealing, homeboy thug with money and he's probably an illegal to boot! Did he free his 3,000 brothers and sisters from poverty yet?

PerezSux

So let me get this right, Reb Levin: It's ok for you as a Jew to make "positive" racial remarks, but Brad Garrett being goaded into similar remarks brand him as a racist? Harvey, you're a hypocritical butt.

Britt

Your headline is more RACIST then anything Brad did COME ON TMZ!!!!

disappointed

While the Jew comment was clearly intended as a joke, too many people still believe this stereotype for it to be acceptable as a joke. This type of humor just perpetuates the negative image of whatever group the joke is targeting. I would like to see an apology from TMZ.

JadaCat

Ohhh yeah and if you have no clue what the game of BASEBALL is, well this is how it works.... If you don't live in New York Yankees world then you do what is needed..... What is needed is a MONSTEROUS player like Manny here to compete with all those teams that love to buy their teams...... I LOVE L.A. and so should you!!!!!!

Frank Torres

I speak and write spanish, (GIVE ME A JOB HARVEY PORFAVOR)

Angie