Sacha Baron Cohen

Sued Over Bingo Melee

6/3/2009 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sacha Baron CohenIt's all fun and games until someone gets confined to a wheelchair -- which is exactly what one woman is claiming after she was allegedly attacked and left "crippled" by Sacha Baron Cohen (as Bruno) at a Bingo hall in 2007.

Richelle Olson has sued Cohen, NBC Universal and others claiming they told her Bruno was a celeb and would appear and call numbers at the charity bingo game she ran for the elderly in Palmdale, CA. Olson was none too happy when she saw Bruno, whom she describes as an "extreme, outrageous, offensive caricature of a gay man dressed in sexually revealing clothing with an Austrian accent..."

Olson alleges Bruno used "vulgar and offensive language" and when she tried taking the mic from him, a "physical struggle ensued" and Cohen "offensively touched, pushed and battered" her, causing her to fall to the ground.

She then claims three cameramen and others rushed the stage ... "where defendants attacked [her] for a period of one to five minutes to intentionally create a dramatic emotional response ... while [they] recorded her humiliation and embarrassment."

After the alleged assault was over, the suit says Olson went into another room where she was "sobbing uncontrollably" ... then was rendered unconscious ... "falling forward onto the thinly covered concrete slab, passing out and causing her to hit her head."

The suit says Olson was rushed to the hospital with a "diagnosis of two brain bleeds" -- and that she has been confined to a wheelchair and walker ever since.

Olson -- the Executive Director of Desert Valley Charities -- and her husband are suing for unspecified damages, including loss of marital relations.

Cohen's rep had no comment.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Debbie

I have played Bingo here a couple of times, but was uncomfortable and stopped going here. They are controlling and treat people like children. When Richelle comes in she is so fake that it is hard to feel sorry for her. The first time I played there (I she was lifted out of her wheel chair, and in a tiny frail voice she said "how many of you came tonight because you knew I would be here"? I almost laughed, it was so fake !! They yell at there volunteers and although I won't accuse them of stealing, because I don't have anything to base this on besides a feeling, I am uncomfortable playing there, and she makes me feel uncomfortable when she has someone wheel her around to each person for a hug. It is kind of creepy. Oh yeah, and I thought she had cancer, that is what the other players told me.

Wasthere

I WAS THERE! The story is inaccurate. Put it this way, her attourney did not like to hear what I had to say.

Mkultra138

Booyakashaw!

jimcactus

HILAROUS! I love SBC. He should keep releasing more of these impostor movies to show just how f...g ridiculous Americans are...

Artnoon Baloon

I agree to some extent that Cohen should be sued for harassment to the woman. However, anything else added to the lawsuit to enhance her getting additional money should be proven completely. If she is lying or making up things to get more money, she should be be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for fraud.

Stephanie Nicole Johnson

Sascha Baron Cohen is an amazing actor/comedian that is not afraid to be real and forward in his artwork and that is why we love his characters so much. The British actor/comedian is known world-wide for his antics, his new character Bruno a gay fashion reporter from Austria is another one of those antics proceeding to a film just like Borat, the lawsuit is pointless and has no substantial grounds for any type of lawsuit. the "vulgar" language is not credible for in the United States our first amendment is the Freedom of Speech, the woman is just money hungry and a whore for wanting 15 minutes of fame. I personally saw the movie Bruno and I was in love. Sascha Baron Cohen is an amazing person.

Stephanie Nicole Johnson

i love you sacha

Caxap

Я НИХУЯ НЕ ПОНЕЛ!!!11

Don

I don't see how the people are "humiliated"- it's all just a gag.

Scott

You go Sasha! Whenever you expose judgemental prick behavior, that is awesome. Even funnier every judgemental prick condemns anyone that sues for no reason and then does the same thing. Hilarious! Keep up the good work and keep making us laugh at all the htypocritical right wing pricks!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6