Alba Apologizes

for Defacing

Oklahoma City

6/9/2009 7:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Alba is seriously apologizing for tagging Oklahoma City -- and a United Way billboard -- with posters of great white sharks ... but she's also tossing blame at the shark lovers she got involved with.

Jessica Alba
Here's the statement Jessica just released:

"I got involved in something I should have had no part of. I realize that I should have used better judgment and I regret not thinking things through before I made a spontaneous and ill-advised decision to let myself get involved with the people behind this campaign. I sincerely apologize to the citizens of Oklahoma City and to the United Way for my involvement in this incident."

Wow

Today I find her offensive.

Usually I find her just boring.

tracy

Why are we surprised when exceptionally stupid people do stupid things? Its not like alba is known for her brains, so i'm not in the least bit surprised she pulled such a stupid stunt. But way to NOT take responsiblity for her actions, rather than say sorry, but it was someone else who got me to do it, how about she actually stops and accepts responsibility for her own actions. No one forced her to do this. I sincerely hope that she gets charged and has to do community service. How about they get her to go around removing all these posters she glued up! It would give her a load of time to think about the stupid thing she did.

Wow

First the bondage photo to raise our consciousness concerning voting.

Now, vandalism to enlighten us about the... plight of sharks? I don't really know what she was trying to say. She just glued photos of sharks over everything.

Someone's pretty desperate.

latinacandy

IF SHE WAS LLOKING FOR SOMETHING TO DO SHE COULD OF VISITED OUR
BOMBING MEMORIAL.
THEN SHE COULD OF SPENT HER TIME READING THE NAMES OF THE 168
INNOCENT MEN, WOMEN, AND CHILDREN WHO LOST THEIR LIVES AND THE OTHER
800 THAT WERE INJURED IN THE APRIL 19, 2000 BOMBING.
DAMAGING 324 BUILDING IN A 16 BLOCK RADIUS, ESTIMATED TO OF COST $652
MILLION IN DAMAGES.

SO I ASK YOU MS. ALBA DONT YOU THINK OKLAHOMA HAS SUFFERED ENOUGH
DAMAGE AND VANDALISM?

OUR MEMORIAL READS:

We come here to remember those who were killed, those who survived and those changed forever. May all who leave here know the impact of violence. May this memorial offer comfort, strength, peace, hope and serenity.

NOW I WONDER HOW MANY TMZ WILL THINK THATS FUNNY ALSO.

Wow

Latina Candy: You're exactly right. Thanks for the reminder.

Sara

Wow! Her judgement and apology are just about as good as her acting, and seriously - that's not much!!

Tim

Translation:
"I got involved in something I should have had no part of, because I'm dumber than a box of hair. I realize I should have pulled my head out of my ass before getting involved with the people behind this campaign, who may well be the only people on the face of the earth who make me look like a nuclear physicist. I sincerely apologize to the citizens of... wait a minute... was I in Oklahoma City, or just Oklahoma?"

K

She should have remained neutral on this issue. Like Sweden, or was it Switzerland? She sure as hell didn't know becasue she has the IQ of a chimp. Apologies in advance to all chimps.

ITUS

HEY SHE IS HOT AND IS DUMB. I think we encourage that in this country! so how can we get mad at here for being dumb and hot. that is what we want.

Brattus Rattus

Why do people take pictures of or record themselves breaking the law? Stupid people never cease to amaze me. I don't care what state she's in, it was HORRIBLE for her to do what she did. And just an idiot to have pictures taken of it. Like that swimmer guy Phelps and the weed. THINK PEOPLE!

It also seems that her "apology" is a complete sham and NOT written by her.

Wow

I would expect this childish stunt from a teenager, not someone pushing 30.

down with speidi

why doesn't she offer to pay to have everything replaced if she feels so bad

Annette

You people are way overreacting. She was trying to help a good cause, but made a mistake about how to do it. She has apologized. It has nothing to do with race/ethnicity. Anyway, if she wants to be recognized for her acting skills and doesn't want to be a poster girl for Latina culture, that is her business. She also has European ancestry. Maybe she doesn't want to pick one kind of ancestry over the other. Whatever the reason, it just isn't your business. The bullying she gets about her decision to focus on her acting rather than her ethnicity is racism.

nico

they better book her dumb a@@

Wow

It's bad enough to do something illegal and thoughtless. It's worse to take photos of yourself grinning like a fool and posting it on the internet.