Jon Gosselin -- I'll Ride This Thing Out

6/23/2009 10:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

On the same day his wife filed for divorce, Jon Gosselin was so emotional about the major shift in his life -- he could barely concentrate on hitting a jump on his ATV.

media_removed.jpg

To his credit, the "Jon & Kate Plus 8" star did spend some quality time with some of his kids at their PA home, but his wife was nowhere to be seen.

After a breakup, some people buy new clothes or completely change their hairstyle. Hopefully Kate is one of those people.

Concerned watcher

You know my children and I used to watch this show because it was a good,wholesome show it was positive there was no swearing, no violence. Over the years You can see what fame and fortune can do to a good christian family. I watched it because it wasn't "faming" it was at home kid's playing,,now all you see are celebrities on there and 2 people fighting, I have discontinued watching and will not ever watch it again since they made their annoucement, because all I heard in that announcement was how the kid's best interest was in mind but yet where in the world is the kid's best interest in mind when dad lives 40 or 50 miles away and mom is going on book tours talking about a book where her "soulmate," her best friend" her husband is her right arm and now he's paying her alimony and child support and they can't even be civil enough to sit on a couch together to talk about their kids. I feel pain and sympathy for these kids because all I see is a mom wanting to be an actress or talk show host and dad who wants to be a bachelor...I can't understand and maybe I'm not meant to understand because I don't know all the details and maybe I don't want to know all the details like did they try counciling, all these companies are throwing out all these materials to them but has anyone offered them free marriage counciling? I'm just really disappointed to see these kids go through this, not only do they have a strike against them because they are TV kids but now they are a TV Family that has been ripped apart because mom and dad want to be selfish. It's sickening!!

Marinemom

This is so disappointing. Jon has chosen to force the divorce so he can try to go back and relive his 20's instead of separating for awhile and getting marriage counseling and personal counseling for himself. He appears to be whining little man trying to become a playboy. I am very disappointed in him. Kate is a strong woman and for this reason they have been organized and smart and have raised good children. They should not have stopped going to church. Jon should have kept his day job as being a fulltime stay at home dad obviously was too much for him. Both of them have been stressed beyond the ordinary but at least Kate is hanging in there whereas Jon is cutting and running. See ya at the bars Jon! See ya on the arm of eye candy whenever you can. As for Kate...some handsome young man will come along and treat her like a PRINCESS and she deserves that kind of love and support. Jon is a perpetual adolescent. Thought he could grow some balls all of a sudden and do whatever he pleased and Kate was supposed to roll over and cry. Guess again Jon...SHE'LL BE FINE. It will be interesting to see what your children have to say when they are grown adults about their father who chose his personal freedom over being a fulltime father and help-mate to a good wife. Pray for them.

Marinemom

JON is the one who should have said NO to the 10 year anniversary vow renewel. HE is the one who faked it. If he was so unhappy he should have refused to do that. He should have chosen marital counseling and some MATURITY counseling for himself rather than adultery, drinking and earrings.

Come on people...yes Kate could be bitchy and bossy but SOMEONE had to be the adult in the house. Stress manifests in all kinds of ways. Kate had to be organized. She didn't have to be bitchy but what woman isn't!? It's just expression of emotion. Jon has wimped out and taken some money to go play with.

1classychic

I hope they can work things out.

Marla

#6 BY WHAT YOU HINK, I HAD ABSOLUTELY NO PART IN THIS THREESOMES FIASCO. YES I HAVE WATCHED THE SHOW, AND APPARENTLY YOU HAVE TOO, OTHERWISE YOU WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW WHO THEY WERE. THIS IS THEIR OWN FAULT, THEY MADE NOTHING PRIVATE IN THEIR LIVES. MOST PEOPLE WATCHED BECAUSE OF THE LOVELY CHILDREN, AND YES THEY SEEMED LIKE A VERY LOVING COUPLE WHO LOVED THEIR KIDS A WHOLE BUNCH. THEY DID THIS TO THEMSELVES, SHE BY CONSTANTLY TALKING DOWN TO JON AND HIM BY RUNNING AROUND LIKE A TEENAGER WITH NO RESPONSIBILITIES. AND DEANNA HUMMEL FOR PUTTING HERSELF OUT THERE FOR HIM. SO LEAVE THE PEOPLE ALONE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.IF BY WATCHING THE SHOW YOU FEEL IT IS OUR FAULT, THEN SO IS IT YOUR FAULT.

BDK

Someday Jon will learn he has made a big mistake. Some men never learn that their wives don't always have time to STROKE their egos, but not all are so into themselves they go out looking for someone that will. Finding another woman to tells him how "wonderful" he is, has torn his family apart. Granted Kate can be a shrew at times, but not wanting to save his marriage because he has already made up his mind.... will someday come around and bite him in the ass.

You can tell by watching his attitude and not talking with Kate... that he believes "The grass will be greener on the other side.' He is going to find out the hard way as every little kid does, that when told 'you will get burned if you touch it'... that maybe marriage counseling would have been the way to go. The kids will be the ones that will suffer big time. So sad!

Oh pleez

Kate is teaching the kids discipline and manners? Those kids are like little barbarians! They hit, scream, cry, throw tantrums...yeah, Kate is such a good teacher.

Man, most of you must have horrific children if you think Kate is a good role model.

Allie V

Jon and Kate are two people who got married young, had children, and realized once they reached maturity that they no longer have that much in common, happens all the time just not in front of millions of people. I agree with Kate it would have happened anyway. It is sad that the marriage is ending but from what I have seen it will be a more positive experience for their children than what has been going on. I feel that Kate, while not perfect by any means, (who is?), is trying to do the best thing for her children,works hard to provide a good life for them and is dealing with an immature man who has repeatedly said "I iam only 32", o.k. buddy we get the picture you feel very sorry for yourself , however can I point out that Kate is only 2 years older than Jon and has shouldered a lot of this on her own, she has had to pick up the slack for a man who won't make decisions on his own and won't take responsibility for his own actions and then wants to whine and complain when Kate steps in and takes over because well somebody has to be responsible. I feel that the show should continue for a while anyway to show their children that even though bad things happen positive things can come from it and that no matter what both their parents love them and want only the best for them I have every hope that these two will at some point be able to communicate positively with each other and move into their roles as co-parents , it will just take some time.

MW

Jon is such a loser. Kate is a bitch. I feel sorry for those kids.

Oh pleez

TYPING IN CAPS MAKES YOUR WORDS MORE IMPORTANT!!!

Actually, it doesn't and it makes you look like an imbecile.

Jerri

Jon and Kate, your hurting your kids terribly. I so ashamed of you both.

Sandy Williams

Why is everyone calling Jon a loser all the time I always thought he was and still is a good dad We are all not perfect and we all make mistakes. I think we should all not judge until we are in their shoes. I hope this time apart will make them realize they can't live without one another and go for counceling to help them deal with their issues I wish them well

Teresa: I am standing up for the homeless guy!

What a shocker, two media whores are divorcing. I have 2 messages. 1 for the "brains" behind Jon and Kate: Could you maybe switch to a another field where you work a little less in television?

2 for Jon and Kate (Kate mostly): Are you really pissed about there being paparazzi around your property? Did you not happen to notice the *#!@!! CAMERA CREW you let live in your house!?!??! WTF IS THE DIFFERENCE? Are you really arguing for your privacy?! MORONS!

Jay

These two people are immature and self-centered. They need to swallow their pride, cancel the TV show and work on mending their marriage and fixing their family. Until they can get over their greed and pride that's not going to happen though. The saddest part of all this is the eight innocent kids. God help them.

Bellemaise

Joh is a big fat nasty and ugly Asian. He needs to be kicked of the show and left to fin for himself. He is such a loser, he will be on public assistance in months. These 2-bit tramps around Jon should remember what he has done to Kate and the children. He will do the same to them.

Jon is such a Loser. If it wasn't for Kate, they would be on public assistance.

Go Kate and forget the PIG. You will end up with a WINNER because that is what you should have married in the first place.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments