Jon & Kate Rekindle the Spark

7/5/2009 6:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In a shocking turn of events, Jon and Kate Gosselin reunited yesterday -- not for a televised special -- but for the sake of the their kids.

media_removed_250.jpg

The happy family celebrated the Fourth of July in Reading, Pa. yesterday.

Chris is fug

TLC producers probably scripted this 'family event' for a little PR damage control. They've been getting tons of petitions to pull the show and to get those kids off the air.

LOL P G, well said

1934 days ago

who gives a shit

Oh yeah, looks like a really happy family celebration, NOT!!! Look at her face!!!!! I thought they were going to stay out of the media and not have photos taken, etc. Didn't last very long did it? They have tons of property that they could have done the sparkler thing on and they chose to do it where their pic's could be taken, give me a break!!!

1934 days ago

samantha

So any kvetch anybody has with the kids, the family's lifestyle, etc. is ENTIRELY Kate's fault? That's rich! Jon is just as complict as Kate as far as going along with this Potemkin village of a marriage. I know Kate is a convenient lighting rod for everybody to vent their spleen at, but pussilanimous, fat, ugly-ass Jon is just as much to blame. Both of them deserve a 50% share of the blame, as far as the dissolution of their marriage.

Maybe one of these days, Jon the doormat, will grow a spine and actually develop some self-respect.If he was so miserable early on, why didn't HE file for divorce. The gravy train was too lucrative, right? He's done his part to perpetuate this sham of a happy family, Hopefully he'll receive his share of obloquy in the future.

1934 days ago

SR

Must Kate Wear BIG earrings for everything they do?! Really coming from a mother what a pain in the ass, she cares more about how she looks now then about the kids. So sad, The kids in another 15 years will be interesting to see. I hope none of them end up in Intervention!!!

1934 days ago

hamilTonyan

little lier little lier pants on fire

1934 days ago

Dr. Lex

who the hell cares about these people?

1934 days ago

MJ FAN

Run John and get a real woman, Kate is gross

1933 days ago

Bunny

They had to do something major to get any public attention at this time. Nobody cares what they are doing. They are just a same old, same old couple with a bunch of kids. We just had a bunch of true celebrities die. That is what everyone is interested in.

1933 days ago

who gives a shit

#31 STEVE YOU COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER! THAT IS THE TRUTH!!!THEY PUT THEMSELVES IN THE SPOTLIGHT BY HAVING THEIR SEXTUPLETS WHEN THEY ALREADY HAD TWO KIDS (THEY ARE ALL CUTE) AND THEN TO DO A REALITY TV PROGRAM, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! SUCH IDIOTS!!!

1933 days ago

ly9512

Wow, its almost like all these affair rumors and "big announcements" are just there to boost ratings and not actually happening.

1933 days ago

K man

Maybe if we left these two alone and TLC would cancel the show and the paparazzi would just stop taking their pics then maybe they would get back together and be happy. If this continues it is going to end up like Michael Jackson.
The media and so called fans will chew you up then spit you out. Why cant they see it? It will happen, and the ones to suffer will be the kids. God help them when they are in their teens. I wouldn't do that to my kids for any amount of money!

1933 days ago

KG

I'm glad that the parents are living up to their promise of spending time with the kids together esp. on such a monumental holiday.
I have to admit that I myself got caught up in all the gossip in the past months but can truly now say that I feel ashamed of myself for doing so. Now it feels so different. This is an actual family that fell apart before our eyes.
Their show braught a smile to my face at the end of every hard day. Who can't remember the line... "She pooped in her underwears" or the "fancy dance" when the boys were reprimanded from taking off a drawer knob.
I can only say that I hope the Gosselins find peace in their lives.
Happy 4th to the whole family.

1933 days ago

KG

Just one more thing...
Can we just stop the bad posts??? How would you feel if your family was in this situation? Whether if you were on TV or not Let's just let it go. Let's be thankful of the loved ones in OUR lives.

1933 days ago

Nanny of 8

THAT IS AWESOME THEY ARE TOGETHER, IF YOU HATE THEIR SHOW SO MUCH THEN WHY DID YOU WATCH IT FOR SO LONG....................YOU PEOPLE THAT HIDE BEHIND YOUR COMPUTER, AND HAVE SUCH A WONDERFUL LIFE, AND BEING HATERS, GROW THE F UP, STOP BEING A BUNCH OF MORONS.
LEAVE THE FAMILY ALONE THEY LOVE THOSE CHILDREN, ALOT MORE THEN YOU I WOULD IMAGINE. YOU DON'T KNOW THEM SO STOP JUDGING.

1933 days ago

Robin

Seriously, why do we care?

1933 days ago