Jackson Targeted Dentists to Fuel Addiction

7/12/2009 9:57 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonDoctors aren't the only ones in the cross hairs of authorities who want to find out how Michael Jackson scored various drugs, including anesthesia -- turns out Jackson knew his way around various dental offices as well.

As we have already reported, medical professionals have told TMZ Jackson was an "anesthesia addict," who would would seek out Propofol and other drugs that would sedate him or knock him out. Law enforcement is aware of this, sources say, and dental offices are part of their investigation.

Several Los Angeles doctors have told TMZ it was known in medical circles that Jackson used dentists to feed his habit.

A story just published in the Las Vegas Review-Journal buttresses the stories we've been reporting -- that Jackson had "doctor shopping" down to a science. According to the report, in 2003, a doctor (who spoke on the condition of anonymity) was summoned to Jackson's suite at the Mirage in Vegas.

The doctor says Jackson complained of a sore throat and cough and quickly determined it was a ploy to score prescription drugs. The doctor said, "The whole thing was staged. It was all a lie. They just wanted drugs. They wanted me to call in all these pills under someone else's name."

The doctor says when he refused to go along, Jackson's handlers intimidated him, saying doctors always helped the singer. The MD says at one point he said, "I'll see what I can do," and the handler "came up to me and put a finger in my chest and said 'You do that.'"

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

omfg

Who cares

r00t4rd3d

DRUGS MMMMMM !

Sally

What a creep. Michael Jackson. The king of creeps.

demis bicycle seat

so the so called doc says nothing about the mirage untill now???? ok

Mags

So, I guess the Soundtrack Of His Life would have the songs "I wanna be sedated" and "Give me more"? HA!

youmakemesick

ALL OF A SUDDEN EVERYONE HAS SOME STORY TO TELL, WHY WASN'T ANYONE SPEAKING UP WHEN HE WAS ALIVE.................. WHAT A SACK OF BS

Sunny

How sad. Poor MJ had so much tragedy and turmoil in his life. I guess he never really got over the rejection as a child. I am so shocked to be reading all this about him. It's amazing none of this came out sooner.

You do know all of you who helped enable MJ will pay one day, one way or another you will answer for what you did. We know MJ has...........with his life.

truthfully yours

I'm glad to see the true story is starting to come out,as doctors are coming forward and reporting on the intimidation and means that Jackson used to score drugs. There are those who will never believe it, though, just like there are those who are so racist, that they think OJ is still looking for the killer...

Trish

This story gets more sad and pathetic by the minute.

At least someone - somewhere said no to him

NancIT

The Handlers Should have helped him.... Shame, someone in his Life couldnt get him to rehab. Walmart Has MJ CDs on sale for $ 7 dollars .

Brother Harold, S.J.

And THIS piece of crap is what that other piece of crap, Al Sharpton, wants to put on a U.S.postage stamp! Enough with that whole damn family already!

April

I loved MJ! Yes, he had many problems, but before you go condeming him, maybe you should do some research. It is very clear he was an addict, but my lord, someone should have really stepped up to the plate and helped him! He was the best entertainer of all time in my book!

Legal Eagle

Damn!!!!!
Damn!!!!!
Damn!!!!!

Thank you, courtesy of Florida Evans.

Tammystruth

If these doctors/dentists had come forward much earlier, maybe Michael would still be here. It's sad. Keep bringing the truth forward TMZ. I want to know. Michael lived such a tragic life and I wanted to respect and admire him so much. It was impossible to do with all the accusations against him. I couldn't adore him blindly because of all the what ifs. I pray something good will come to light in all of this.

Lori

So he was being pulling an OJ in Vegas, but instead of sports memorabilia, it's prescription drugs, anesthesia, and laughing gas...hmmm

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments