Kelis to Judge: Sorry, Baby ... I'm Busy

7/21/2009 11:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nas & KelisThere's a damn good reason Kelis is skipping out on today's scheduled court date to fight Nas for child support and baby and prenatal expenses -- she's giving birth right now!!!

TMZ has learned the singer is currently in labor, about to deliver a brand new baby boy.

We also know rapper Nas -- the baby daddy -- is definitely not by her side.

The two were scheduled to battle over expenses. She says he's paid nothing. Nas claims he's paid some.

But the big question -- will Nas actually have the stones to show up to court and argue against his baby mama while she's pushing out their child?!

UPDATE: Nas' lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, just told us Nas is in New York for the birth of the baby and he is now "rushing to the hospital to be with her."

Story delivering...

chicken head

whats wrong with "these" people!!!!!!!!!!

Mememememememe

Congratulations!

chalklounge

She is really attractive.

TheMizzz

Ahhh, a baby milkshake.

the end of the day

Who is this woman anyway? Seriously? Not trying to be silly or need any smart remarks, just asking who she is.

TheMizzz

Yeah, she is really attractive.........
For a horse.

Mememememememe

Yeah...THESE people

Cindy

#5, she had a one hit wonder called Milkshake. It was a really cool song, you'll have to google it. She used to be attractive but now she is looking more like someone off of the Jeffersons with that hair....

jj

who cares? this is just another baby momma drama in the HOOD!

Lefty

#8, maybe on your radio she was a "one-hit wonder", but she's released plenty of hit before and after Milkshake. Try looking up "Get Along With You", "Young, Fresh and New" and "Bossy", all by Kelis.

Jen

I think it is kind of wrong that the article refers to Kelis as just the 'baby mama', when in reality she and Nas are married and in the middle of a divorce, not just a custody battle. Regardless of her actions, she at least deserves a bit more respect. It probably isn't easy being pregnant and divorcing the father at the same time.

me so horny

Well she can't charge for her milkshake at the moment

the end of the day

Thank you Cindy. I appreciate the info. I will goggle her name, seems like I remember the song. Thanks again.

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

^I will "goggle" her name - sorry, that just struck me as pretty funny.

Solomon

Kelis is a straight gold digger. I hope the child comes out healthy and what not.

What I wanna know is how is that his baby mama when thats his wife? Why does everything have to be about money with some women. She can't just be happy that hes gonna be a father to his child, instead she wants him to take care of her and the child monetarily instead of being there physically which is most important.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments