« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NBA Star Accused of Pizza Joint Beatdown

8/12/2009 1:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

He was hungry for some pizza -- but a man who happened to be dining at the same restaurant as NBA star Zach Randolph last year says the basketball star dished out an asskicking! But wait! According to Zach, it could be a shake down. Or a Shakey Down.

A guy named Gary Ferguson has filed a lawsuit against Randolph, claiming the former Los Angeles Clipper beat the crap out of him on a night when the Clips got beat down on the court.

It all went down inside Berri's Pizza Cafe in L..A. -- where Randolph allegedly "verbally and physically threatened" Gary before "attacking" the guy.

Gary's lawyer claims his client walked away with damaged teeth, a messed up neck and back, a knee injury that will require surgery, and scars on his face.

As for Zach -- his lawyer, Raymond Brothers, tells us he met with Gary's lawyer who first demanded $250,000, then $200,000 and finally $25,000.

Brothers says Gary's own lawyer said Gary was "out of control" and just wanted a quick payout. Brothers says it was a shake down and he walked out, only to get a call from Gary's star witness, who said the case would go away quick if he coughed up some dough. Brothers told her to pound sand.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

cgirl Caron

Holla

doc murry

I AM SOOOOO FIRST HI MOM I TOLD YOU I WOULD BE A STAR ONE DAY

Uhhh... whoops

Party people in tha house!

Mememememememe

250K going once...200K going once....ok, how about a tenth of the first deal dude! Consider it charity.

SHooter

At least he didn't shoot someone THIS time :0)

doc murry

#5 THATS A CLASSIC COMMENT

me so horny

2. I AM SOOOOO FIRST HI MOM I TOLD YOU I WOULD BE A STAR ONE DAY

Posted at 12:44PM on Aug 12th 2009 by I AM THE GREATEST

YOUR AN F__CKING RETARD!

me so horny

3. Party people in tha house!

Posted at 12:46PM on Aug 12th 2009 by Uhhh... whoops

enough with you ghetto rats already, this is not a party you moron. it's a comments board.

Daphne kenward

This Black Brother should pay NOTHING because if you are not guilty don't pay anything. Pop Stars and Film Stars and Football players are becoming fair game for Fraudsters. Look what they did to MJ.

Because most say it will cost them that in laywers fees, and settle out of court, which is what happen to MJ. Don't give them a DIME.

romil1

Ewwww! This picture made me lose my lunch!

CRAZY IS AS CRAZY DOES

#6 IT'S DIS TIME, GET IT RIGHT!

MHSalum

So, can I just say that I'm not surprised. I went to HS with Zach, and my nickname for him was "Big, Dumb, and Ugly". Good to know that some things NEVER change!

Christine