'Megan' Producers: If We Knew Then...

8/20/2009 7:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've just received the following statement from the production company behind "Megan Wants a Millionaire" -- the now postponed VH1 reality show Ryan Jenkins was a part of.

"51Minds was not aware of Ryan Jenkins' record when it cast him on "Megan Wants a Millionaire." Obviously, if the company had been given a full picture of his background, he would never have been allowed on the show.

The company did have in place what it thought was a thorough vetting process that involved complete background checks by an outside company for all contestants on its shows. Clearly, the process did not work properly in this case.
"

Jenkins was convicted for assaulting a girlfriend in 2005.

Elizabeth

do u guys know if the shoe "megan wants a millionaire"wil be back on?

Crazypeople09

People are fricking crazy!!!

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

"Obviously, if the company had asked for a full picture of his background..." -Fixed.

Sad sad

They are full of bullarky. Trying to pass blame on an outside source. They are 100% accountable. They should be sued all to hell for putting that whole cast in danger. They are so dam lucky he didn't flip out and kill Megan. He's a walking time bomb.

Machelle

Criminal Records
are Public Records!
If they cared at all
they would have known
before they cast him.

razzledazzle200

Right, I'm buying that - NOT. Seems these guys took a huge risk. Glad nothing bad happened there.

ME

BOY HE IS SICK

ThingWon

If he took anger management classes and sex addiction classes in order to have his previous criminal offense of domestic violence removed from his record, then it wouldn't have shown up in a background check.

Sasha

Poor Megan! I mean, poor Jasmine obviously but I don't think Megan's going to have much of a shot at anything else either.

reality tv watcher

Taken from the Charm School pg on VH1

Brittanya, What was it like juggling a case and Charm School?

Brittanya: While I was on Charm School, I was told by the lawyer and everybody not to get into detail about it on TV. That’s why I never did. I can go ahead and say now what my charges were, but I’m still fighting it and I’m not saying I’m guilty of it, because I’m not. They were trying to get me for attempted murder. I read that someone was saying that my bail was probably a couple hundred dollars, but my bail was actually a quarter of a million dollars. It’s public record; anyone can look it up and see. But anyways, the charge got dropped to assault with a deadly weapon causing bodily harm and the other one was assault and battery, so I have two charges on me right now that I’m fighting. It’s kind of like a he said/she said thing. My lawyer is the best in town so I really think that things will work out. I’m hoping and praying.

Somebody , shoot it! Quick!

Well,Meagan is a millionaire now. NOW, she is going to sue VH1 and the other guys will sue too. I think Megan will walk away with 1 million payoff money.
Unfortunately ,this girl,Jasime, got killed. These reality shows have people getting 15 mins of fame.These shows cannot research contestants enough.
Look NY Housewives has that psycho woman Danille. Many other shows have some weird people.
Also,women like Jasmine are told from early use your looks and nothing else. Marry a rich man. Looks do fade so these girls try to get a rich guy ASAP. She found a rich one,psycho,but rich.
Jasmine got her rich man.Did she know him? NO!How long did they date? Not long.Look,the show is called, Meagan Wants A Millionaire.
The reality shows
cont.....Lets get Dog,The Bounty Hunter to get this guy.

pacman #1

well all I have to say is that show sucks! megan is soooooooooooooooo boring just looking at her dumb ugly face gets me bored she has ZERO personality and no expression in a few weeks it will be back to reality for her boring ass. It sucks that this happened to that girl she was very pretty and she actually worked for her money unlike megan (gag)

Only marry foreign women

"Jenkins was convicted for assaulting a girlfriend in 2005."

What guy in the USA does not have a DUI or domestic violence charge.

That's like saying drinking milk leads to using drugs, as most drug addicts have drank milk.

Denis

that show sucked anyway! Megan has gotten fat and not a trophy wife anymore.

Janet

So this guy won the Mehgan millionaire show, but he took the 250K instead of Mehgan? Sharon Osborne would be thrilled!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments