Ex-Fiance of 'Housewife'

Dies After Club Brawl

10/3/2009 7:04 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The ex-fiance of Kandi Burruss -- who stars on "Real Housewives of Atlanta" -- died tonight after a brawl erupted at a club in Atlanta.

Cops say A.J. Jewell suffered severe head injuries during the fight at Body Tap and was rushed to Piedmont Hospital, where he later died ... this according to myfoxatlanta.com.

Cops currently have no suspects in custody.

UPDATE -- Atlanta police spokesman James Polite says Frederick Richardson has been arrested and charged with voluntary manslaughter in the death of Ashley "A.J." Jewell. Richardson was hospitalized after the alleged fight and will be taken into custody once he is released.

More Today in TMZ History

frombelair

bars are not places to have fun, bars are places to go and get humiliated , punched and sometimes killed...

Lori

OMG! Kandi, I'm so sorry for your loss. You're a wonderful person. God bless.

Deborah JacksonN.O. La

What is this world coming to? Does anybody care about loving one another...my condolcences goes to his family, children and especially Kandi with this tragic news...RIP A J!!!!

Monica

Rest in peace :(

shantae

He wasn't partying... He promotes at the club so he was at work...This is sad..

MWSD

I find it amusing that people write comments like the one above that states:

& we care why???

Posted at 12:35AM on Oct 3rd 2009 by ONALEE.

Why the hell are you on TMZ's website then??? This whole site is full of useless information often about people nobody knows and don't care about. This is an entertainment website. Obviously this story isn't entertaining...but I'm so annoyed with people who say that and yet still take the time to post a comment and click on various stories.

L.S

How horrible! Why are so many killed over foolishness? When will this violence stop? Now all these children are without a father. Left to grow up and continue the cycle of violence and anger.

Cheryl

Hanging at the low class trash strip club, guess that's why he was the ex-fiance.

creolegurl

RIP...wow, how sad

She's the only decent ATL housewife

My condolences

Write Now

They're ALL thugs. Big mouthes - Zero brains. Zero class.

gg

I didn't know they broke up. This is so sad, his son was hit by a drunk driver and now this. RIP and God bless his family and Kandi.

idontknow

Dang, I was just reading about this on my local ATL paper website but they didn't mention it was him--nor did they give a name. Wow @TMZ, you guys pick up news really fast. This is why I come here to check entertainment news.

Jamillah

John H, you have some serious issues? What, did a black man take your woman??? Is that why you're so bitter??? Or did your precious mommy & daddy not give you enough love as a child? Something's got you disturbed that you're taking it out on black folks.

Enough wasting space on you...RIP AJ. May God be with your family during this difficult time.

Adam R.

I REALLY HATE PEOPLE WHO ALWAYS FIND THE NEED TO SAY MEAN AND IGNORANT THINGS ABOUT OTHERS.
THAT GOES OUT TO #'S 3, 13, 14, 15 THOSE OF WHICH WHO ARE LIFELESS IDIOTS AND I HOPE AND PRAY YA'LL ARE NEXT
HOPE IT HAPPENS 2NIGHT, BUT I'M SURE IT WILL AT LEAST BY THE END OF THE WEEKEND, TO BAD WE WON'T HEAR BOUT IT WEN YA'LL DIE

R.I.P
I PRAY FOR HIS FAMILY, FRIENDS, PARENTS, KANDI AND HIS CHILDREN

P.S
PRESIDENT OBAMA AND FIRST LADY MICHELLE OBAMA ARE THE BEST
I LOVE THEM, FOR THE HATERS KISS MY A**

lili

Kandi is the only one with genuine class and decency. So sorry for your loss, stay strong...