Kate Cries

I Can't Pay My Bills!

10/5/2009 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Gosselins continued their messy break-up in the media today -- with Kate fighting back the waterworks while claiming she can't afford to pay her bills.

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

Kate came out swinging on "Today" this morning, slamming Jon for clearing $230,000 out of the couple's joint bank account: "You've left your children and their mother unable to pay for the roof over their head. It's unacceptable."

As for Jon's claim the children don't want to do the show anymore, Kate says there was "wailing and sobbing" when she broke the news to 'em that filming has halted.

As TMZ previously reported, Kate's lawyers are going to court today to demand the return of the cash and a contempt citation against Jon. Stay tuned ...

MrsBeasley

#5, I totally agree. TLC should be called The Leeching Channel and I refuse to watch anything on it. They are simply enablers for idiots like Kate and Jon who exploit their kids for the sake of the almighty dollar. They have brought all this on themselves, and now when I see her boo-hooing I have zero sypathy for her. The kids, yes, I feel for them that they have such selfish parents who put themselves first. Media Whores is 100% accurate. Shame on them.

lady K

People who complain about the kids being on TV are either loaded with money or jealous that they can't make that money. If someone said to me "Hey your kids are cute and you have an interesting family story. We would like to do a show about you guys." Where do we sign?? And most Not-Already-Rich people would do the same thing ESPECIALLY if you had 8 kids!! I would want my family to be set for life. They got a little too popular and Kate became the desicion maker and Jon couldn't handle it and didn't want to deal with all that. But believe me he would have left Kate even if a camera had never entered thier house. I cannot even imagine the pressure it would have put on him to try an provide for that family w/out the money from the show. He couldn't have handled that any better then he has handled this. At least the kids have gotten to go to great places and have awesome experiences and have money for thier future and a beautiful home. They could be poor and going through this divorce which would be much worse. In the end Kate is resiliant and if the show ends she will go on and be successfull. Jon will still be a bikini chaser with no money.

Elizabeth

enough. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've had enough. If we all STOP WATCHING maybe they will go away. If they don't get the media attention, maybe they will just go away. Having said that...this is the last article I will read about them, listen to about them,watch about them. Leave them alone...they will go away.

Bigmama

FIRST of all if it is a JOINT ACCOUNT KATE has the RIGHT to be on here Crying... JON needs to go to jail if he took that money all out of the account with out her agreeing to it. IM TIRED OF JON!! HE is the ONE that has DID this to his FAMILY!! NOT KATE and NOT TLC... Because when they signed on with TLC JON was fine with the children doing it and he was making big money. Then He CHEATED on his WIFE and TOLD America that he HATED KATE all while on TV in front of the Children and AMERICA and now he wants to Stop it all BECAUSE TLC has DROPPED HIM from the SHOW... JON and KATE agreed that she would stop WORKING as a NURSE and raise there 8 CHILDREN. HE was working FULL TIME before the SHOW and paying for everything. NOW KATE is making all this MONEY with her BOOK and the show and can take care of the CHILDREN and the family? BUTT JON doesnt want the CHILDREN TO DO IT anymore because why??? HE ISNT going to MAKE any money off the show anymore!!! JON GET OVER YOURSELF you are the PROBLEM you did this.. IF you dont want the children to do this show GET A JOB so you can PAY CHILD/SPOUSAL SUPPORT and keep up there CURRENT Living arrangements!! KATE should not have to go back to work with 8 CHILDREN that you agreed that she would be a stay at home mom to raise!! GET OVER IT JON you cant afford 8 CHILDREN that is why you did the show in the first place. AND EVERYONE on here saying they should not do the show will NOT BE HELPING KATE raise these children!!...

Nonnabeth

I am sure Kate would like the old Jon back, the one she walked all over, humiliated and barked at. Not going to happen Sister. She needs to smell the coffee. She has alienated her whole family. If she as much time working as a nurse and less time being manicured and polished for TV, she could pay some bills. She needs to be accountable for her actions. Sell that big house that you cannot take care of, get a real job and quit living off your kids.

bosko

Okay I can understand that you need to provide for you kids. I also agree that they should of gotten seperate accts before the divorce went active. But what I don't get is why did you go threw with being inseminated after you already had 2 twin girls. and knowing full well with the next pregnancy you were garanteed muitiples? uhm... hello??!! you couldnt afford it then... why did you do it in the first place. you knew you wouldnt of had the money for these kids. On another note, you can't sit there living higher than your means. I think it was a bad move to start high rollin it knowing this all could some day end. and or the money wouldnt be enough, maybe you just got way in over your head.

AMO

Why do they still have a joint bank account if they're separated? Be responsible... take care of your family and get your own account... oh, too late, right; way to go! I would not put ANYTHING past Jon.

Vmax

Why do people have a litter of incubus that big and THEN bitch about money? Was she so stupid that she thought 8 kids feed themselves for free? Or was she hoping sugar daddy or the tv show would support her forever? Why do stupid people like her breed in the first place? Makes me break into song. "Every sperm is sacred..."

got2bkiddin

I wonder if all the other income that has been made has been frozen? the only available funds has been the disputed money? Another point I would like to make is where has Jon been getting all his money from to go to Vegas, shopping sprees, ball games etc. etc. the money has to come from somewhere. I wonder if this is why the judge put Kate in charge of the finaces? I am not saying either is right but these are questions that should be answered before all the bashing starts!

Teresa

I am so tired of Jon and Kate complaining. Kate purchased a $68,000 car, Jon purchased a $48,000 car. Look at their home and all the items they have purchased. Kate's clothes do not come free. You never see her in the same attire twice. What part of all their material things were for the sake of the kids. Now you see these kids being cared for by Nannie's. These children would have been happy with a home that simply fit their needs and they do not drive these fine cars. Kate has always traveled away from them and now Jon also. When are all of these TV shows going to call them out about these things.

Deb

"KATE should not have to go back to work with 8 CHILDREN that you agreed that she would be a stay at home mom to raise!!"

What a ridiculous statement.

GDS_2931

Does Jon look and act as if he is on drugs? He is not acting like a normal person not to mention he is not saying things that is helping his cause but thing to it is when his cause is himself!

Kate should be glad to get rid of this "person", she and the children can and will better off without Jon.

I believe that if the children no longer what to be on the show, that perhaps Jon may have guided them into that direction, by saying thing like the reason your mother and I are not together is because of the show or I know you all do not want to be on TV now that I am not here. So he could be putting suggestions into their heads.

GEB

I saw that this morning, and I am still thinking about it. I was surprised, no way this is going to leave the media any time soon. THey are too real, I think that is why everyone watches them. This was as real life though as I have seen them.

ic

I could respect her if she went back to work like all the Mothers out there....and took her kids off of TV so they could lead a normal life....people are tired of her...a million dollar house......she has some nerve....she has enough money to get two Nannys and she could go to work.....stop crying....

MissCris

"Among the accessories she wore to TODAY was a ring on the ring finger of her left hand. During the summer, Kate had told Vieira she was still wearing her wedding ring out of concern for the children, and especially their girls. Monday, she said she has gotten her ring remounted with eight small diamonds to represent her eight children."

OK, she's got no money, but can afford eight diamonds? Waaa! Sounds like poor planning to me.

Joint accounts = a tragedy when in the wrong hands. Listen up ladies!