The Gosselin Birthday Party Showdown

10/7/2009 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Jon & Kate battle never ends -- and a war is brewing over tomorrow's birthday festivities for twins Mady and Cara.

Jon Gosselin: Click to watch
We just got a pissed Papa Gosselin in NYC, where he actually whipped out his BlackBerry and read a new e-mail from Kate aloud -- one saying she refuses to see him and wants to limit his time with the kids on Thursday to only two hours.

Jon says the duo had originally planned to have a party together, but according to the e-mail, Kate now believes "Due to recent events, it'll be too stressful."

Jon called her demands "ridiculous," adding "I can stay as long as I want ... and I will."

barbara

how do we know that he didn't try to do this on purpose so that he could get his contract voided so that he could be on the divorced dads show?

Kay

Love of God, Kate your daughter's birthday is not about you. I disagree with both parents and they should stop their crap so their daughters can have a wonderful birthday. Kate needs to chill, you can't control everything.

whatthefrig

You know what is strange. Jon says that his kids come first, that he is thinking of them. Well if he was thinking of them then how come he got a bachelor apartment in New York where there was no room for his kids to come visit and stay with him every other weekend.
Please!! Who does he think he is fooling!

Kay

I agree with 329 post, well said Evitta

Joy12

I find it funny how so many people tell TMZ to stop reporting on this couple, yet you take the time to comment. That said, Jon and Kate are douchbags.

bothbad-soendit

I think the show needs to end immediately.

They have a very bad problem right now.

Those thinking Kate is a sweetheart or that Jon is innocent are idiots themselves. There are people here actually defending Kate and some defending Jon - lovely! Some are calling them douche bags and tools and that just shows your maturity (or rather immaturity).

Linda

There sure are a lot of scorned women here to support Kate. Wow there are enough of you that there must be a lot of men just like Jon.

barbara

well at least Kate can go on a show and not bash Jon...she was on Jay Leno tonight....

GPM

Kate was on Leno tonight? I thought she was finally going home to her kids!

bothbad-soendit

"I thought she was finally going home to her kids!"

lol!

good one, wish I had thought of that one myself.

just love these defenders of Kate, it's like they actually believe she is anything close to a real mother. Showtime tonight brought up a good point, if she is really worried about what she is going to do to pay the bills, why can't she sell that Goochie bag or a few of those diamonds, then she can keep her kids out of the poorhouse.
Funny how she is demanding statements from jon for accounting. Just get one from the Bank. Besides, the burden of proving that a crime has occurred, falls to the person making the accusation. She needs to show that he took the money out.

Jean

I'm surprised your TMZ story isn't biased, the guy has every right to be with his kids. Wake up stupid idiots.....she is exploiting the kids....he is the one who has moved on...she is the one with TLC that exploits the children continuously.

Maggie

To # 350-Her attorneys DID attach a communication from the bank confirming the Jon's withdrawals to the motion that was filed in court. In any event, the bank can only tell her what he withdrew and when. Only Jon can account for what he did with it. He had already received over $100,000 as an advance on the equitable distribution.

The arbitrator's interim award determined the purposes for which the account could be used and the terms under which either of the parties could make withdrawals. If Jon felt that Kate was unreasonably refusing her consent to any withdrawals he wanted to make, or vice versa, there was a procedure in the agreement for the arbitrator to end the deadlock. As for the ultimate equitable distribution of the marital assets, the court determines that if the parties can agree. Self-help is not acceptable.

Me in DC

If Jon would just keep his mouth shut, get a new lawyer, and lay low, then maybe, just maybe, he wouldn't look like such an idiot! But, no, he has to show his private emails to the tabloids, so he can have his littly hissy fit in public.

If feel sorry for him because he has done all of this to himself. I can understand why Kate would only want him there for no more than a couple of hours.

When you do go for the party Jon, be smart and leave your idiot lawyer on the outside of the gate. Otherwise, the smallest thing will make it into the tabloids and be blown out of proportion by you, the lawyer, and the tabloids!

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

If I were Jon I wouldn't even go to the party but have my own party for them when I had the kids. That's what I did. Jon is still playing the wimp, putting himself in the position where Kate has a chance to control him. My girls loved having 2 birthday parties each year, too.

Cherries

This is why nobody likes or believes anything he says. What kind of fool would read from their blackberry what his soon to be ex is saying. He really doesn't care about his children. If he did he would not talk to the media, he would order take out and stay home. He wants the attention, its so sick.