Lawyer Says Jon & Kate -- 'So Insignificant'

10/12/2009 10:34 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Under the category, "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" ... the lawyer who stepped in to vouch for Jon Gosselin's attorney has some deep regrets today, over a case he says is "so insignificant to me."

Jon Gosselin, Mark Heller

As we first reported, attorney Michael Marino was contacted by Jon's lawyer, Mark Heller, asking for help to get admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar on a one-time-only basis. Marino tells TMZ he had never met or spoken with Heller before and thinks Heller randomly pulled his name out of a legal directory.

Marino says he agreed to do a solid for Heller and sponsor him so Heller could get permission from the judge to rep Jon.

Marino says at the time, he had no idea who Jon and Kate Gosselin were -- "The names didn't mean anything to me," Marino said, adding, "I thought it was some simple divorce case where some lawyer wanted to be introduced to the court."

Marino, who is semi-retired, says "I don't watch that kind of junk on TV. It was so insignificant to me." Marino told us when he realized the divorce was a contested mess, he wanted out, and it had nothing to do with the fact that Heller had been suspended by the New York State Bar for a variety of misdeeds.

Heller withdrew his sponsorship this past Thursday. The ball's in your court, Mark.

Anna

Heres a quarter......... go call some one who cares hahahaha Those poor chi;ldren tho ....they will be the ones who suffer thru all this

republican mensa

He figured out the lawyer and all involved are nuts. Simone get a life you idiot and balls you too comment or get off line and kooky klown you are also a douche

justice_sargent

Well im not surprised _-The names didn't mean anything to me," - what allot of B***s ))) what is that sapoust to mean ??

lls

These two totally disgust me! Why is this being played out in the media? Both of them need to STFU and take care of their business privately.

Kate is so afraid she will have to actually go get a JOB again and Jon is in fear of the same thing........white trash.

FiFi LaRue

Adding to this...lest we forget....Jon kept spouting off about his good intentions regarding his children.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

why?

Help! I've fallen asleep and I can't wake up. I'm having this nightmare. It's about these two weird nobodies and their weird eight kids. Everywhere I look there is breaking news and it's all about them. Mr Wizard could you please take me home? There's no place like home...There's no place like home...There's no place like home...

shuffler

TMZ, please more stories about these two. I feel there has been a real lack of news items over the past few days. Withdrawal symptoms are setting in.

In other news:
The real news (humour?) is the lawyer. Of course real news gets uncommented. His voice and characterizations had me thinking he was auditioning for the Simpsons.

maggie

The lawyer does not want to involved with Heller. It's the nice way to say go away. Go Kate, take em down!!!

anna

when I heard Michael's this is song this morning, it made my day,I feel as if he is still here with us. All I have for him is love. RIP Michael I love you.

Cassy

This guy didn't want his reputation associated with this circus.

that.is.all

I don't give a crap.

Watermelon recipe:

wash watermelon
slice
eat

that.is.all

Kate is a b.itch.

A big b.itch.

that.is.all

You can't make a phone call with a quarter, post 1.

FULGY

I never heard of them before either until this mess!
What a way to become famous

Another reality show disaster

Woman

Watch out comment section!! The Crazy Kate supporters are coming over from Radar. They are Elephants, travel in herds! Look like them too!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments