'This Is It' Producers: No MJ Body Doubles

10/26/2009 2:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonThe people behind "This Is It" are furious over reports that the Michael Jackson featured in the movie is a body double -- claiming those reports are "pure garbage."

The controversy began earlier this month after Joe Jackson claimed the media was going to "tear this movie apart" -- and insisted it was "mostly body doubles."

But a rep from Sony -- co-producers of the flick -- tells TMZ, "This story is pure garbage and there are no body doubles.

Audiences will begin to see the film tomorrow and every time they see The King of Pop they will know that every frame is unquestionably Michael as he rehearses and prepares for the London concerts that were to have begun this past summer.
"

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Justice

The only time it looks 100% redoubtably MJ is when he is wearing black jeans (& usually the red "M mission" shirt). The gold pants and the red/orange pants don't look like him or move like him, its quite odd. It could be a very good double & YES MANY MANY SO CALLED MJ FANS ARE CONFUSED AND HAVE E'CASANOVA PHOTOS AS THEIR AVATARS THINKING ITS MJ SO NO ALL OF YOU DO NOT ALWAYS RECOGNIZE THE REAL MJ WHEN YOU SEE HIM. I think his most devout supporters & family can tell, some may admit it but most will say nothing about noticing possible doubles/inconsistencies in performance/appearance because they are friends. I would never pick apart my friend's movie even if it was part doubles or whatever because its going to benefit his estate, DUH.

On the other hand gold and red pants could be MJ under the influence of drugs (explaining why he is moving unlike himself) But the face didn't look too much like him in the gold & red pants either.

I agree with the Jacksons, there are probably doubles in significant portions of the film.

Lilarose

Geez, I can't believe how many stupid people there are in the world.

I watched some of the little clips from this movie, and I don't see anything that can be considered "doubles."

And I can't say I was ever a fan of Michael Jackson. I am learning.....

There will always be "people" who have such poor self esteem that they have to actually make up stories such as this.

Michelle

yeah of course sony would say this ..because they would not want to miss out on any money..But I have my tickets and I support any thing MJ dose.. Im sad by this because he really gone and this is if final curtian call..After this.. This really is it.. I don't blame Mrs.Jackson for not wanting to see it.. I hope thiswill help they kids.. so they can see how much a Musical god He was...what more can one say..U can't just can't describe him with ordinary words..His Legacy Lives on threw his kids and the fans..Long Live the King No Matter what anyone says...

Barb

I'm looking forward to buying the dvd. I don't put much stock in anything that comes from joe.

arlene

people are stupid if they think body doubles are used.it's all MJ!

candyk

I don't think any doubles would have been used. Nobody can move like MJ anyway so the difference would be extremely easy to spot. I can't wait until Wednesday to see the movie!

Onoze

The ONLY reason Joe Jackson and La Toya Jackson are repeatedly trashing the film and claiming it's all body doubles is because THEY WON'T GET TO SEE ANY OF THE $$$$$ that the film brings in to the Jackson estate. They are bitter, and are trying their damnedest to taint the release out of spite. This is also why Joe and La Toya are selling out to the tabloids, and why Joe is charging $3,000 for commentary and allegedly $250,000 to attend premieres. Sick family members!

The only parts where I could understand MJ using a STUNT double would be when making the "Dome" sequences like jumping through a window, or during a illusion that requires a stand-in. But even that doesn't seem to be the case.

Shesh

I cannot wait to see the movie!!
I miss you Michael and have loved your music since you were 9 -- I am the same age as you!!
Love Always and Forever...........Shesh

MJ-GoneButNotForgotten

I never believed the 'body doubles' story. Sounded to me like a lot of hype from the media. "This Is It" will be great! MJ-GoneButNotForgotten

Mememeow

Joe is the ultimate loser! he is doing this just to spite the estate executors. If he does not think it's MJ on screen, why is he asking folks in Las Vegas to fork 3000$ to watch the movie with him. LOSER LOSER LOSER.

He hasn't seen the movie yet he claimed the critics & public will trash. So far, ALL critics that have seen the 12-minute preview rave about it.
This family is beyond dysfuntional...A father is trashing his son's movie out of spite, because he will not see a red cent out of the profits. 90% of the profit will go to the estate to erase the debt.

The day I listen to Joe & Latoya Jackson is the day pigs will fly.

THISISIT again MJ breaks records

This is so stupid. All I can say is I can't wait for Wednesday to see the King of Pop creating what would have been an amazing concert.

RIP my dear MJ.

MJ-UNBREAKABLE

However, Michael Jackson is so unbreakable!

www.mj-unbreakable.com

GG

If one is a true fan.....one can tell if it is him.

SoFRNL

Lies. Look at post #78 with a picture from 'This Is It'

That's an impersonator :-(.

missumj50

!00% Pure Mr. Michael Jackson, The Worlds Greatest Entertainer To Have Ever Lived!!!

Justice for MJ