« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ronaldo Gets All Up in Joe Jackson's Grill

11/1/2009 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It's the oddest pairing since Liza Minnelli and David Gest got married in 2002: Michael Jackson's father Joe and soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo are now teaming up to sell grills.

Ronaldo Gets All Up in Joe Jackson's Grill

Joe Jackson tells TMZ he's got a stake in a company called GAME ON PRODUCTS and is preparing to peddle soccer ball grills during the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Joe says he's flying out to meet Ronaldo at the beginning of December, when the odd couple will shoot TV, magazine and Internet advertisements for the "Goalie Grill."

So, in conclusion: If you've been looking for a BBQ shaped like a soccer ball and endorsed by a world famous athlete and the father of Michael Jackson ... this is the one for you!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

janalal4

Link to MJ's 'L.O.V.E Michael Jackson's This Is It wallpaper'.

Kay

WAIT!! "Joe Jackson TELLS TMZ?!" Does Joe Jackson actually talk to TMZ? LOL!

Anony Moose

@33. "http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/8800000/THIS-IS-IT-MJ-michael-jackson-8842778-1024-768.jpg

Link to MJ's 'L.O.V.E Michael Jackson's This Is It wallpaper'.

Solid black background with L.O.V.E. in bold letters with MJ's 'This Is It' profile of MJ's body in place of the letter "V". Very nice."

Looks like LOYE to me..

New Yorker at Heart

I’ll be the first to say that I am surprised at how Joe “grieved’ for his son eg., BET awards show and other actions- after Michael passed away and I don’t even want to get started on Jermaine’s actions since his brother passed away and before (word to the bad, and the tell all book)-Joe is almost a saint compared to Jermaine.

At least Joe doesn’t pretend to be something he isn’t; I can respect Joe for that even if I think sometimes he’s just tacky.
Someone else said it best-Joe is and always will be a hustler and I agree; he doesn’t sugar coat it like Jermaine tries to with “I’m his backbone…. “This tribute show is for my brother” yada yada , yet the some of the proceeds were to go to a bogus charity and nothing for Michael’s charities.

LaToya may love to be in front of the camera, but I do NOT have any doubts that she loves Michael and I believe she is grieving-she just loves the camera. She recorded the song Home, but again the proceeds go to Michael’s charity- not a problem at all.

Now it is it four months since Michael passed, and the family does have to begin to move on and live-That is a fact. Like a previous poster said, the family does have to make a living and yes being the father, sisters and brothers, etc of Michael opportunities will be presented to you to make a living-that is fact. It is HOW the family handles those opportunities that will be telling.

Personally as far as the original J-5, I think Jackie, Tito and Marlon have been more or less classy compared to Jermaine. I hope those 3 remain that way in the future.

As long as they marketing of these grills or any other venture does not use Michael’s image, name, etc unless in some way they either benefit Michael’s children or his charities, then let Joe market his BBQ grills and any other venture the family becomes involved in.

Finally, like some one else posted, Forgiveness is really something you give yourself not so much the person who hurt you. It means you actively stop disliking a person, etc and just let it go. It does not mean that you nececessarily like everything about a person nor does it mean you want to be in their presence much, it means I won’t let my feelings of anger, hurt, dislike, for you hinder me and my life any more. You can love a person and not like them or not like many of their ways and personality traits.

Saw This Is It yesterday-bittersweet.

janicebyrne01

Run Ronaldo run..... get as far away as possible from this evil man.

vbeeno

Well if there is one thing we all know for sure its that Joe Jackson is nothing but a complete TOOL.

RT
www.complete-privacy.at.tc

ralphie the one-eyed

Cool.

muscles

I do agree with Fred Farkel to a large extent, though I'd never phrase it the same way. Gary was (or was becoming) the murder capital of the U.S. right around the time the Jackson kids were coming of age. It was a place where angels feared to tread, and still is to a certain extent.

Joe didn't go about it the right way - a severe disciplinarian even by the standards of the day - but he did get the family the H*ll out of there, and I agree that several of them might not have survived to this day if he had not. No telling what would have happened to sensitive, gentle, artistic Michael if his musical talents had not emerged and he had gone through school living there. MJ might have done okay because he was also very intelligent, and would have done well in school - if he survived school bullies and all the gang wars going on around the home. (I know a few others who grew up very nearby the Jackson home at the same time and they did "get out" by getting an education, but it was not easy in that hood - tough love and very close supervision by the parents was the only antidote.)

It does make me ponder what MJ's alternate life would have been like if Joe had not pushed them into show business, tyrant or not.
Anyway, Joe learned his parenting skills from his own parents, most likely. Though there was a sadistic element to it, I believe he just didn't know any better at the time. MJ did forgive him, too, particularly after he had his own kids - which is the time you suddenly start relating to your parents better; MJ publicly stated more than once that he'd forgiven Joe, and that he hoped his own kids would forgive his parenting mistakes as well.

Now Joe is Joe, and I doubt he is all bad. He's 80 years old, so cut the man a bit of slack. Let him do his little bit of hustling to support himself - what else is he gonna do at his age? He didn't and doesn't know how to express his grief publicly because of his own emotional damage, but I am sure the man is hurting at the loss of his son, and also must have regrets, too, that can never be rectified. IMO.

_____________________________________________

Oh for the love of Allah.

Leave poor Joe alone.

Lest you forget... if it wasn't for Joe Jackson smackin them ghetto kids around back in Gary, Indiana... I dare say that most of those kids WOULD BE DEAD BY NOW ANYWAY, with Janet and LaToya all knocked up with 8 kids each all with different daddies.

JOE JACKSON IS THE REASON THAT YOU EVEN HAVE MICHAEL TO WORSHIP.

SO SHUT THE HELL UP FOR 10 SECONDS AND THINK ABOUT IT.

JUST SHUTUP AND LET THE POOR SUMBITCH SELL HIS G-DAMN BBQS IN PEACE.

LET ME TRY THAT AGAIN.

LET THE MAN WHO BROUGHT YOU MIKA JACKSON SELL HIS FRIGGIN DUMBASS GHETTO BBQS IN PEACE.

Posted at 7:51AM on Nov 1st 2009 by Fred Farkel

Joe is a pimp---just look at the tacky bling!!! Profit from your son's death....just as you did in his life...never had feelings for him so it's no surprise you don't show any grief You are a loser in ever sense of the word, and your day is coming old man---you'll meet your maker and have to answer for all the crap you've done. Where is that illigitimate daughter? You are a pig...you should jump into one of those grills and roast your sorry ass!!!

roo

I'm wondering when Joe Jackson, aka Frank Costanza, will be selling "Man-ziers."

Fred Farkel

And by the way KATHERINE???

May I suggest that you get off your **high horse** and cut Joe in for some of that monthly cash???

Cuz I'll say it again.

IF IS WASN'T FOR JOE... MOST OF YOU JACKSONS WOULD BE LONG DEAD BY NOW.

AND THAT INCLUDES YOU TOO KATHERINE.

So what if Joe cheated on you. So friggin WHAT. If (heaven forbid) you took five minutes a day and treated Joe like a man... hell woman... if you gave the man ONE DAMN MINUTE of your "precious time" per day... JOE WOULD BE A DIFFERENT MAN TODAY.

And if Joe were a different man today???

Oh Lord let me stick my neck WAY OUT NOW...

I will bet you that:

Yep.

MICHAEL WOULD STILL BE ALIVE.

New Yorker at Heart

Joe’s belief in his sons talent, Joe’s gall and determination is ONE factor in getting them out of Gary I will not take that away from Joe. But it is NOT the only factor. Joe is NOT the reason they got signed to Motown. It is true Jermaine was the original lead singer when they started in Gary, before Michael joined. But even the Motown audition and the powers that be at Motown saw Michael as the IT factor of the group. And the public saw that as well.

I would bet my bottom dollar that if Michael was not made the lead singer in Gary, IN the J-5 would not have gotten signed to Motown or any other major label. They may not have even gotten to book the gigs they had in and around Gary and Chicago if Michael was not the lead singer -just my opinion.

Did I say the other brothers were not talented.. NO I did not say that. But look at other groups there is always at least one may be two focal points of a group.

Michael was born talented he was born to be an IT factor-that’s the luck of the draw. There are many talented people in the world but they may not have world wide IT factor- Their IT maybe a niche appeal or limited to a certain time frame or genre. But Michael had it all.

As a product of ol skool discipline, looking back I understand where Joe and my elders was coming from, but Joe’s methods were WRONG, no two ways about it. My parents did not tell me to get naked, oiled down and beat me. My friends did not go through that either, but we did get an ass whipping when needed or popped in the mouth if we “talked back”. There is a line between discipline and abuse and it was passed on numerous occasions in this case.
We didn’t get beaten because we missed a dance step or a line in a school play—that is abuse no ifs ands or buts. Ever wonder why Joe couldn’t duplicate his success with his sons with any other group he managed? Ain’t no body going to let their child be whipped or tripped for singing off key or missing a dance step?

If his own mother has to say, “Stop it Joe you’ll kill him.” That tells you that the line from discipline to abuse has been crossed.

Just because Joe had the determination and gall to push his sons from Gary to Motown does not excuse his methods of discipline. Michael forgave him, but that does not excuse
it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Oh for the love of Allah.

Leave poor Joe alone.

JOE JACKSON IS THE REASON THAT YOU EVEN HAVE MICHAEL TO WORSHIP.

SO SHUT THE HELL UP FOR 10 SECONDS AND THINK ABOUT IT.

JUST SHUTUP AND LET THE POOR SUMBITCH SELL HIS G-DAMN BBQS IN PEACE.

LET ME TRY THAT AGAIN.

Posted at 7:51AM on Nov 1st 2009 by Fred Farkel

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/01/ronaldo-joe-jackson-grill-soccer/3#comments#ixzz0VdDuM8xi

marty

NO!!! Please, this is a very bad idea. Who in the world came up with this? I hope the comsumer alert take notice of this; children all over the world will be tented to touch this and I don't blame them. It looks like a soccer ball. If it looks like a toy children would want to touch it and they will get burn..please bury this grill or keep away from children and family gatherings..wait..isn't this where the grill is supposed to be?. This is ackward.. Don't do it Joe. Comsumer alert!!! Comsumer alert!! If it goes on sale I will contact the comsumer association.Who gave the 'green light' to this proyect? I will like to know.

tanya

GOOD LUCK MR.JACKSON with you ventures...It is good to see you out and being active.

RIP MJ

Love the Jackson's

Fred Farkel

#45

I appreciate everything you say here.

Except that MOTOWN would never have known that any of the Jackson's even existed if it wasn't for Joe.

Those boys only performed when their respective asses were beaten... and then as time wore on and they became, (choke), adults??? They all fell flat on thier faces. And let's face it. That includes Michael too. Success is multi-dimensional and Michael was not able to get his act together to (forgive me) SAVE HIS OWN LIFE.

So yeah. Naturally, Joe couldn't duplicate what he achieved with his kids.

That was a unique opportunity and Joe stepped up and made it happen. I can promise you that Barry Gordy would be a multi-billionaire to day if he could have beaten some of that wayward dumbass Detroit talent into behaving.

My god... I sit here in the 'burbs of Detroit today and damn near see the entire town of Detroit burned down... all the way from downtown Detroit to Aretha Franklin's mansion in Bloomfield that is nothing now but a pile of ashes and about 10 feet remaining of her driveway.

This entire MOTOWN drivin scene is a disaster.

A GDAMN stinking disaster and IT IS NOT JOE'S FAULT.

It is the fault of the talent that CANNOT AND WILL NEVER HAVE ITS ACT TOGETHER IN 10,000 LIFETIMES.