« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chiefs Fans to Owner: Fire Larry Johnson!!

11/4/2009 2:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Larry JohnsonLarry Johnson is roughly 80 yards away from becoming the all time leading rusher for the Kansas City Chiefs -- but after his anti-gay slur scandal last week, Chiefs fans want him off the team before he has a chance to make history.

Hundreds of loyal Chiefs fans have signed a petition, begging the team owner to keep Larry Johnson's name out of the Chiefs Hall of Fame forever.

The petition reads:

"Larry has been a black eye on the organization ... We are asking you, as fans of this team, this organization, and of the pride that this city has in the Chiefs, please deactivate Larry Johnson.

Please do not let his name sit atop the all-time rushing leaders in Kansas City Chiefs history."

We spoke to one of the fans behind the petition, Andy Phelan, who tells us: "I would love it if we never see Larry Johnson in a Chiefs uniform again ... He's a cancer in the locker room."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING PROPERLY SUPERVISED...PERIOD!

"GLAAD" AND THE REST OF YOU WHITE PEOPLE, THIS IS SO DAMN RIDICULOUS.

STFU AND MOVE ON, YOU GUYS ARE ALMOST WORST THAN "PETA".

Joshua

Total B.S. the petition is NOT done by loyal football fans but from gay joints on Christopher Street or West Hollywood gay bars but keep on spinning it TMZ.

anon69

PEOPLE!!!! You are missing the point. This ISN'T about him using the word f*g. You are all so quick to yell "freedom of speech" that you are missing what this story is about. I swear some are you are so shortsighted it's sad. And TMZ you s*ck for putting the spin on it that you have. He has a LONG history of bad behavior. This one incident isn't the reason that their fans are saying "enough".

jeff

no class.. and the "str8" men who love football could care less.. meanwhile im gay and im not the one watching men slap eachothers ass and play around in tights.. people take a close look at all these "str8" tools lol not to mention ghetto.. no class

CMJNM

Those fans are just trying to keep a black man down!

KCFanToo

LJ has a long history of running his mouth, treating has fans poorly, and assaulting women. He considers himself better than everyone else (made a comment about being above all those minimum wagers out there making $10/hour). I've personally ran into him at a local bar, and he is a complete a-hole. He wanted customers kicked off a table so he could have it..."because he deserves it". When the management refused he made a big show of storming out of the place like a big baby. I've also watched Gonzales and Allen stand along the wall and drink because there weren't any tables available at the same bar. And they were very friendly about it (unfortunately they were the players traded away and not LJ).

He has made it clear he doesn't like KC and doesn't want to be here. We are making it clear we don't want him here. Also the only year he bothered playing well was during a contract year. Now all he does is show up, he gave up actually playing after that year.

anon69

It's people like you that give conservatives a bad name.

jog20

This petition isn't really about the gay slur. They are using that, because it's what is getting the most press now. Larry Johnson has had multiple incidents of beating up on women, he has a terrible snotty attitude and right before the gay slur he was publicly ripping on his coach. He is an ass and disgusting to be a part of the team. He in no way deserves to replace Priest Holmes' name in the record books. He needs to just go away, he had a couple lucky years and hasn't produced crap since then!

Democrats are evil

66. 12:38PM Democrats are evil- You my dear, sound like an angry, ignorant, hateful bigot.
It's people like you that give conservatives a bad name.

Posted at 2:35PM on Nov 4th 2009 by straight, married, female

Awwww, Straight, married, female, did I hurt your wittle feelings? Your damn right I'm angry. My country is under assault on Free speech and idiots like you have elected a socialist pig as our president who calls himself a constitutional scholar but never makes a decision based on the constitution and it's values. Aids has killed millions because gay men exchange infected blood through anal sex. Yet you support all of this regardless. Right. The truth be known, you are not straight, married, female but gay, single, male. Am I right. Homosexuals democrats lie constantly. Wouldn't want to be you when you are leaving this world. And you find out that there really is a "God". Hypocrite!

SHANNON MOAKLEY

Earth to so-called fans ... YOU LOST IN MAINE LAST NIGHT AND GO WATCH FIGURE SKATING INSTEAD... DON'T GET YOUR PATIES IN A BUNDLE.

anon69

Democrats are evil-No,you aren't right. I'm not a gay man. I'm a mother of two who lives
in the midwest. And you didn't hurt my feelings because I wouldn't
give you that power. You don't know what I support. Your supposition
is ridiculous. I am, in fact a conservative (and vote that way) and a
Christian. I have no fear of where I am going when I leave this
earth. You may not agree with the homosexual lifestyle but it isn't
your place to judge them either. "Judge not..." you know the rest,
right?
You answered that you are in fact angry. You have that right. I'm not
happy about the direction that the country is headed either. -but you
can hardly blame it on gay people. Let go of your anger-it hurts no
one but yourself. Maybe you should pray for some inner peace instead
of spreading hate and discontent.

JLC

What a bunch of Fa$$ots! LMAO! Chiefs suck with or without Larry. Every one of us have the FREEDOM of SPEECH! Welcome to the USA!

But the real point is, the people that are protesting probably do not even know anything about the game of football. Why you all so sensitive to someone speakin their mind???

Get over it already!

JLC

To # 76. Your right... we cant blame the way the economy is going on gay people so lets just blame who is at fault... ALL of the CONSERVATION REPUBLICANS like who who supported the biggest terrorist of all GEORGE W BUSH!

rhonda

OK I WISH I COULD HAVE SIGNED THAT PETITION TOO ! HE IS A JOKE ! I WOULD NOT WANT HIM TO HOLD ANY CHIEFS RECORDS ! I GUESS US REAL FANS NEED TO JUST STOP GOING TO THE GAMES THEN MAYBE THEY WILL GET THE PICTURE !

Jill

Are you all blind? Read some of the other posts. This is about the 5th article on LJ and the f slur. THAT is not why the fans are upset with him. TMZ continues to leave out the truth to get a response. If you want facts this is not the place to get them!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments