Winans' Ex to Oprah: Thanks for the Bebe Ban

11/7/2009 12:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Debra Winans couldn't be happier that Oprah Winfrey banned her ex-husband Bebe from the "O" show until his domestic violence case plays out ... and now Debra's giving Oprah a nice pat on the back over her decision.

Debra gave the following statement to TMZ:

"It further demonstrates the fact that Oprah continues to be a strong voice against domestic violence and that she's willing to take the steps necessary to defend the defenseless."

It all started when Bebe -- who was charged with assaulting Debra back in '08 -- was allowed to pimp out his new album on "Oprah" last month.

Debra told us she was "upset" at Oprah about Bebe's appearance -- especially after O took a stand against domestic violence earlier this year by refusing to let Chris Brown on her show.

shuffler

I only buy things endorsed by Oprah.

Homer

Schindler's List = good, Schindlers lifts = bad,
Bubble Boy = good, Bubble Dad = bad,
to pee = good, to not pee = bad,
I love = good, I love not = bad,
homo sapiens = good, womo sapiens = better.

tmzsucks

The Prime Minister of Sweden visited Washington today, and my tiny little nipples went to France... The Whitehouse greeted the Prime Ribroast Minister, and I do the cha-cha, like a sissy girl... I lika... do... da cha-cha.

Alan

How can the big "O" go to la-la land and leave Gayle's behind. Is Stedman going to be Gayles new girlfriend? Opps...boyfriend. I am totally confused. Good luck either way as I dont watch Oprah anyway.

Duo

I love Oprah.

Duo

I have nothing but love in my heart for Oprah.

Duo

Oprah is so fair & consistent. And she's not even a news show, she's an entertainment show, & still she's more fair & consitent than any news show I've ever seen.

Duo

Nobody does the right thing all the time, but Oprah does the right thing more often than anyone else I can think of. I have so much respect for Oprah.

Duo

Bebe is a weak old man who is only ACCUSED of pushing a woman. Chris Brown is a strong hulking muslce bound young man who bashed a girl's head in & left her purple & unconscious & the photos were leaked so everyone knew he did it early on. Two totally different cases. Still it's great that Oprah is going out of her way to be extra consistent & extra fair.

Duo

If there wasn't an Oprah Winfrey we would have to invent one. She makes me proud to be an American.

Duo

Oprah's a great lady.

Oprah is an oprotunistic fake. She exploited Michael Jackson when he dies, as she exploits evry/all things for her own personal gain. And she knows more than her 'expert' guests so why have any on her show---she can just tell us why we get a colooscopy and how it wirks!! She is a blow hard and should retire before she starts to mely like Barbara Walters.

Duo

Oprah did more to promote Michael Jackson's new movie than anyone else in media. She promoted it during her first week back on the air. She promoted it again when she had the director on. And then she gushed about how Oscar worthy it is on its opening day with Tito & Jackie Jackson. You can argue that AEG is exploiting Michael's death by turning it into a movie, but don't fault Oprah for strongly promoting it, because the more people who see that movie, the stronger Michael's legacy will be & the more money his kids will get.

Duo

I really like Oprah. I always have.

OH PLEASE

HYPOCRITE! PUSH SOMEONE DOWN OR HIT THEM IN THE FACE IT IS STILL DOMESTIC ABUSE. BEBE IS ALMOST FIFTY YEARS OLD. HE HAS STRUCK THIS WOMAN MORE THAN ONCE. DON'T TRY TO GIVE THIS COWARD A PASS. IS THERE A DOUBLE STANDARD IF YOUR YOUNG OR OLD.PLEASE. OPRAH IS A HYPOCRITE HATE RAPPERS YET SHE IS WITH JAY Z. PLUS SHE HATES MEN.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments