GLAAD to CBS: Treat Us Like Equals!

11/25/2009 7:19 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

CBS' explanation for why they blurred Adam Lambert's man-on-man kiss ain't cuttin' it with the folks at GLAAD -- who claim the network is treating openly gay performers as second class citizens.

Adam Lambert

Jarrett Barrios, president of GLAAD -- the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation -- tells TMZ, "The Early Show's decision this morning to blur Adam Lambert's kiss from the American Music Awards reinforces an unfortunate double standard that is applied to openly gay performers."

Barrios adds, "I would have hoped CBS would provide the same treatment for images of gay and lesbian people and not create an unfair double standard that treats our community differently."

piano

To poster 70--DAVE the Anglican

there are lists of sexual practices--LISTS--in Leviticus and Dueteronomy that state that gay sex among other sexual practices listed are sinful. TO THIS DAY, we still accept and hold to those listed sexual practices--bestiality and incest--as being perversions (sin). So why would God decided to just cherry pick out gay sex from the list? the answer is he wouldnt and didnt. Those lists are MORAL sexual codes and those STILL APPLY to this day, since Romans and the epistles (new testament) also mention these types of sex as being sinful. So first to last, the bible condemns gay sex as sin

IM a bible teaacher and christian DAVE, i know what it says there

sound

I'm so sick of the gays always having something to bi*ch about. They protest movies if there isn't a gay character (Star Trek), march, want to be married but don't want to have to deal with the same consequences of divorce as heteros and now this? What next? Are baby dolls going to have to go gay?

Steamer

To poster No. 12: Why not?

whitney

Whine, whine, whine. Bitch, bitch, bitch. Complain, complain, complain. That is all I hear from GLADD, get over it!! The kiss was disgusting, and it would have been even if he was straight kissing a female. I don't want to see that at a music awards show its vulgar and it is not as Adam said "Artistic expression" or whtever the heck he called it.
That was him shoving his sexuality down all of America's throat.

GGG

I am so sick and tired of gays pushing their sexuality on us. What you do is WROMG and you are mentally sick in the head. I don't want to have to witness your crap. Stay in the closet where you belong.

Dorothy

#72 I did change it because it sucked and I wasn't much interested in watching the rest of it! Time and place for everything and this wasn't it!

Sam

46. I would think GLAAD would be appalled at what Adam did. I think he is a bad example of a gay man and actions like his give them a bad reputation.

I completely agree with the statement above (#46). Besides being nothing but a novelty act and attention whore, Adam Lambert and his actions on the AMA's are exactly what gays/lesbians have been fighting against. Then he stands there and gives the 'finger' to everyone that doesn't agree with him?

To quote one of the best descriptions of Adam that I saw from another media outlet: "Adam is behaving like a petulant, obnoxious little twit." - and that is an understatement!!!

Laura

To all the gays.......why can't you get it through your thick head that you are different? OMG. I thought you wanted to be different?

mimi

thank you, CBS!! We don't need more of that crap on our televisions. Its ashame just about everytime you turn on the tv, we have to watch that! I am sick of it!!

barry Gordy is genius

Gays are ok, as long as they're HOT LESBIANS.

Nobody wants to see that Lambert kid anyway.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CHICKS. Just ask Hef.

thevoiceofreason

I think that much of what was shown on the AMAs, including several spots during Adam's performance should have been left out. Since when is crotch grabbing (by performers as well as backups) entertaining? This 'in your face' showing of violence, vulgar sexual inuendos and digusting lyrics needs to stop.

honesty

CBS shows a long french kiss between two women, and then Madonna kisses another woman with another long french kiss, but blurs out Adam Lambert kissing a guy? This is sexist, and anti-gay male.
Most of the complainers on here, think it is fine to have someone tortured in extreme closeup, on "24" but they object to a kiss?
I remember Cher wearing a strip across both nipples, and barely covering her butt crack. I remember Madonna simulating full intercourse on many award shows with pointed breasts, but a kiss upsets people. What is wrong with these people? I don't like watching anyone kiss like that in public, gay or straight, but I also know that I do not make up the morality police, and I can either turn away, or change the channel. Stop murder and violence on TV, then go after the kissing.

barry Gordy is genius

Nobody even respects this kid. American Idol is over (and so is his "career").
Good riddins.

barry Gordy is genius

While lambert is crying about this weak ass sh*t, there are REAL PROBLEMS in the world. LIke the economy, famine and the housing market crisis.

hungry money human beings

we have to have social control...when is it going to stop...next we'll have a farmer having sex with a sheep on stage...homosexuality is so unnatural!!!!!!!