Dough!!!! Domino's Pulls Out of 'Jersey Shore'

12/5/2009 2:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Jersey Shore" isn't just offensive to Italian people, it's also offensive to Italian food makers -- and now Domino's Pizza wants their ads pulled from the MTV show ASAP.

Jersey shore

Domino's just delivered a major blow to the reality show, instructing their media buyers to pull all Domino's commercials from future episodes.

A rep for the pizza giant tells TMZ, "The content of this particular program is not right for Domino's Pizza."

The announcement could mean a huge advertising opportunity for anyone selling hair gel, vodka, self-tanning products, steroids, hair-removal products, eye-liner, more hair gel, breast enhancements, cologne, energy drinks, Affliction t-shirts, fake nails and even more hair gel.

UPDATE: A rep for MTV tells us: "Jersey Shore" may not be for every sponsor or advertiser and we understand that."

TOO BAD SO SAD :-p

RIGHT ON DOMINOS!!! Geeez, look at that bunch of posers.... They are ridiculous & trashy; their *show* will not be allowed to air in THIS household, that's for damn sure.

scissors

Alright, let's put the seriousness of this into perspective for a moment, shall we? If this reality show featured Mexicans and Taco Bell was advertising and decided the show was so grossly offensive to the Mexican culture at large that they were going to pull all of their ads, you'd know things were whack. Mexicans without tacos are like people without clothes, totally and completely naked.

I didn't watch the show and have no desire whatsoever to see the show in the future. That orange tanning stuff and and those weird lips and that spiky hair gel? Are these people trying to compete with harlem ghetto people?

Stop embarrassing your family and people that aren't your family. Dear Lord, talk about walking bozos.

lena

yes, agreed, simply stunning!

E

Even Domino's, where the box is better than the pizza, says this sucks. That's pretty bad. I wonder when the networks will learn that you can't put any piece of garbage in front of us and expect us to order it...ala Domino's. Ugghhh!! I'd rather eat the box.

Fred

Stuart, the grand wizard called, he said the rally has been pushed back to 9 o'clock tomorrow. These people aren't embarrassing themselves nearly as much as someone making such ridiculous and racist comments. It's obvious your knowledge of different cultures comes from shows like Diff'rent Strokes and Taco Bell commercials.
"Whatchoo talkin' bout Stuart?"

beachbabe7885

Thank you Domino's! First of all most of these people are from NY, not even NJ beacsue any local that lives in the area NEVER EVER EVER calls it the 'shore'! Secondly, only 'guidos' or 'bennies' ever go to the places they filmed at. I have lived in toms river my whole life and have never step foot into the clubs they were in and definitely don't go to the beach in seaside. Last, this show sucks and if people are ignorant enough to think that every one in NJ is like this buy a clue and f%%k off!

cooks

Only N**gers and Sp*cs buy the garbage from domino's!! So nobody should give a flying f**k if they pull their ads. Maybe people will stop buying the garbage and the real pizzerias could strive again and we won't be an obese society with clogged arteries. We should get rid of Domino's, not these kids. Let the kids be who they want to be. That is what the generation of clubgoing kids, not just italians, look like. They're stupid entertainment. nobody should give a sh*t and take offense to it. if you want to watch it, watch it. if you don't, then don't

bridget

Having been born and raised at the "jersey shore" I have a big problem with this show! This in NO way reflects what life is really like. During the winter we live in a nice quiet town only to be overrun by "bennies" in the summer. These people do not live at the "shore" or "beach" as locals would call it....they simply come down in the summer and think it is one big party. I hate the show but do hope it detracts people from coming here in the summer.

cooks

for those of you trying to put down Italians, remember these words, " JEALOUSY GETS YOU NOWHERE!!"

lilybelle

Cook, you are the most ignorant person on this TMZ blog. Your comments are insulting and it makes you look like a racist pig.
I am hispanic and I dont like Dominos. Do you live in a freaking box? I won't surprise if you are inbred. To say such thing and to make derogatory statement is insulting and it shows your lack of class and no education. I'm surprised that you could even read and type. By the way I dont like this show because it gives NJ a bad name and it stereotypes, kinda like you are doing, BEING PREJUDICE JERK. This is why society is the way it is, because of people like you who are like a cancer to life. GET OVER YOURSELF!!

kat

This would NEVER fly in Monmouth County NJ...everyone fron NJ that is Italian with Class would NEVER Hang-Out in Seaside Heights. Most of these participants are not even from NJ...sad...giving the Jersey Shore a Bad Name. Also, a true "Italian" parent would never allow his daughter to be in this show. As far as the Portuguese go, welcome to America and stay in Newark. The brats on this show should join the military and learn morals. Go Dominos!!!!

Steve

Perfect opportunity for Summers Eve to advertise. What's one more douche bag?

jwoolman

Now, now. These kids aren't stupid because they're from New Jersey or of Italian background. They're stupid because they're on a reality show.... Who else would be?

I doubt that Dominos needed any outside excuse to get out of this one. If I were a pizza, I wouldn't want to be delivered to this crowd.

Grouch

What's the point of putting these "people" on television?

Barbie

I didn't get to watch the show yet, but rest assured these people don't represent Jersey Shore people, or for that matter all of New Jersey kids. I grew up in Northern New Jersey where this guido set did exist, but these are the off-spring of my generation and they are actually like this. But my generation was more like the Saturday Night Fever type of kids. Now I live at the Jersey Shore and these people don't live here, they come here during the summer months spend all their money here and leave. I'm glad I'm not a kid today, because if this is what the kids of Jersey act and look like than New Jersey is in trouble. Rest assured those who think NJ is being represented here, there is only a small fraction of these types that live in New Jersey. NJ is a beautiful state with so many things that you can do like going down to the beach, going to the mountains to fish in the rivers, sking, going to NYC, going to Philly. We have so much to offer and these kids are just morons.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments