Jersey Congressman: 'Shore' is a Bad Situation

1/14/2010 2:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Apparently the hair gel slathered, jewel encrusted people on "Jersey Shore" aren't "accurate" representations of the area -- this according to one of the state's Congressmen.

Frank Pallone: Click to watch
Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ) put the Snooki Gang on blast yesterday in D.C., saying the "Shore" kids give the notoriously clean Garden State "a bad image."

PS -- We asked him to fist pump for us ... didn't go so well.

hineliyaa

Yaaaaaaaaa,its a vrey nice article about this topic Jersey Congressman: 'Shore' is a Bad Situation,i read this article in this article have more informations.Thanks to giving inforamtiona in this article.

Simone

First!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simone

Shore is a lame situation!!! For sure!!!!!!! Hahahahhahahahahaahahhahahhahahahhaahaahahahaha.

KFC lickers

Frank Pallone (D-NJ)is the last one to talk as that dem likes to like guys Aholes, esp obama's

uhHuh

I've never watched these tools, nor did I bother to hear the congressman's words, but I AGREE WITH HIM TOTALLY just by what i've been seeing..

I WOULDNT WANT TO GO TO THE GARDEN STATE IF THIS IS WHAT THEY GROW THERE.

angie

PLEASE the jersey shore people make the GARBAGE ....ERR I mean Garden state interesting

kromen

Leave Pauly alone! Oh wait, you're talking about Jersey Shore. Go ahead.

Cyberbird

I live at the Jersey shore, and most of this stuff does happen...a lot.

Time to get over it!

Kat

A little late to the party, aren't we? Now that the initial shock/disgust has worn off, the show is just another example of bad television that will eventually fade away. Any news about it sounds old and uninteresting, so can it be that every Jersey politician will get in front of a camera to protest against it so the attention stays focused on Jersey? The summer season kicks off in a few months and I'm sure there are people out there who consider the bar where someone got punched and the store where they all worked as tourist attractions.

Barbie

This is a VERY accurate depiction of NY/NJ young people. Obviously NOT all young people act and dress this way, but there is a large population of young people who are represented on this show accurately. This show has become the biggest show on TV due to the fact that all the complainers, whiners, and advertisers. Sorry, I don't think this show is going away, but at least most people have backed off on making public statements against the show because they NOW realize what they did was make people watch it and get a laugh or two out of it !! Sorry congressman, you missed the boat on the complaints department.

CVS Whore

This has been going on in Seaside for as long as I can remember,and I'm 57.
The only thing that has changed is the hairstyles.
I'm guessing Pallone has never set foot on the Boardwalk.
It's the Shore for Christsakes', not St.Bart's.

me

Of course he knows how to fist pump!!!! LOL

He wouldn't be a Jersey Boy if he didn't..

Love the show !

JustMe

Notoriously clean?? Really???

Pickles

These politicians and other opportunistic people are nuts. What many people do not know is Seaside Heights has been going "down hill" for years. Most NY and NJ people refer to it as Sleezeside. There has been increasing crime and drugs since the late 90's. This place is a hole and the people of Jersey should be thanking their lucky stars that this show is making it relevant. People actually want to visit this place because of this stupid show.

Pickles

Hey Sea Bright, dont act so high and mighty - ever heard of Keansburg?? I can name a bunch of other holes along the Jersey Shore.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments