MTV 'Teen Mom'

Allegedly Choked

by Her Mother

1/18/2010 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

MTV 'Teen Mom' Allegedly Choked by Her MotherOne of the young mothers from the MTV reality show "Teen Mom" was allegedly choked and then hit by her 54-year-old mom this weekend -- and mom is now facing domestic violence charges.

The Council Bluffs Police Department in Iowa tells TMZ Debra Danielson -- the mother of 18-year-old "Teen Mom" Farrah Abraham -- was arrested at around 1 PM on Saturday for suspicion of domestic abuse/serious assault.

According to cops, Farrah and Debra started arguing over childcare issues when Debra allegedly threw an MTV shirt at her daughter ... which landed "on or near" Farrah's baby, who started crying.

That's when Farrah claims she went off on her mother -- who then grabbed Farrah by the throat. Farrah told cops she pushed her mother's hand away from her throat, causing her mother to strike her on the right side of her head and mouth.

In the report, officers say they observed multiple cuts on the right side of Farrah's lips.

The story was first reported by the The Daily Nonpareil.

More Today in TMZ History

STORMY7

That teen is totally disrespectful to her parents. She told her father f--- you in one episode. The bitch is spoiled rotten. Her folks should kick her ass out into the real world so she can see how great she had it living off of her parents.

Lynn

MOTHER IS A EFFIN PSYCHO!!!!!! My relatives are there neighbors and she is always screaming at Farrah. She deserves some time in the pokey!

Lisa

#66- Yes, she is Casey Anthony in the making! As I recall, Casey's mother tried to choke her right before Casey killed her baby girl. Casey and Farrah have a lot in common....they don't like responsibility!

nataliegoomez

yupp. she totally deserved it. poor mom having to go to jail though. bet the whole family is against farrah noww

Juliana

Ok, I watch the show and I must say somethings tv shows record hundreds of hours worth of film and edit things they want them to appear, so the way that she's potrayed on tv may not be 100% accurate. Yes she is a teenager mother but all mothers young or old while their child is their number 1, being in a home with a crying young child 24/7 gets to you and you will at times need a break it doesn't matter how mature you may be, this then prevents postpardum and all the other illness associated with a stressful overwhelmed mother that's why any doctor or counsellor talks about having a support system. I do agree though that maybe she should slow down a bit at least she graduated high school and is trying to make something of her life....the key word being trying

crbooker

THANK YOU! She should have smacked that trick a long time ago! Can't stand her, kick her out NOW!!

MMusial

This chick needed a CHOKING, she is sickening to watch...trolling around for any man that will have her, and she's so annoying, none will. Her mom has health problems...from the picture one can see she is TOTALLY OVER-ACIDIC...needs to change her diet and grab some supplements. Get book ALKALIZE OR DIE(Baroody) and go to Curezone.com and learn how to Alkalize dearie.

who has the facts? ME

Oh my God - you people reall believe this stuff is for real??

The fact that Farrah is going out is TOTALLY scripted by MTV.

The mother seems like a controlling bitch. I hope they pay Farrah enough to move out.

Jeanne From NC

do you guys not recall the first few episodes where Farrah's mom stopped the car and Farrah walked because of how her mother was treating her? Her mother hit her and has been abusive since before the baby was born.

I say about damn time farrah called the cops. I don't care how your kid acts you do NOT choke them and slap them around. You have to remember too she put Sophia in danger when doing this when all Farrah was trying to do was protect her child and stand up for herself.

April

Farrah is not a great mother, but neither is Farrah's mom!

Her mother didn't even want to be in the room when Farrah was delivering her baby because she thought it was "too gross" or something!

Farrah's disrespectful and all, but hey, she probably got that from her mom

pacman #1

ABOUT TIME!!!! Farrah deserved that and more! she's rude and she talks to her parents with a lot of disrespect. She has a loud mouth and the way she talks to them is way out of line then she has the guts to call the cops on her mom! unbelievable

Amanda

I agree with many of you. I don't know if choking the girl was the right approach but if anyone watches the show, this LITTLE GIRL needs to be taught to respect her parents and I can't help but feel that in this case, she got what she deserved. I cringe when I watch the show and see how she speaks to her parents. On top of that, her parents let her stay under their roof and try to help her by watching HER child while she goes out because she wants to be a "normal teenager". This girl truly is a brat and she needs to learn how to grow up and stop throwing tantrums when things don't go her way. I know that she is on a tv show and that they can make people look a certain way but you can tell that some of the nasty comments she makes to her parents are just her being herself...I can't say that I wouldn't have choked her myself if she mouthed off at me.

angela

Oh and Farrah probably should have thought twice about calling the cops because now she just threw her free baby sitter and meal ticket in jail.

I have been appalled at how she has treated both her mom and dad...I hate to say this, but she deserved it!

who has the facts? ME

I am so appalled that so many of you think the only way to raise decent kids is to "slap them around." What is wrong with you people, seriously????? Are you that uneducated that you cannot discipline children without abuse?? I was raised, along with 5 siblings, and we were NEVER hit. We have 16 kids combined and I'm pretty sure that none of us have ever hit their kids. And everyone is gainfully employed, educated and polite.

That mother looks like a crazy drunk woman. I have watched the show and she seems pretty mean. Did you see the episode where she grilled the guy Farrah brought home about religion? And I suppose those of you who think she should be beaten for having a baby think maybe she should have aborted it?
That mug shot looks like she's been on quite a bender.
Farrah, take that beautiful baby Sophia and run.