Weezer Singer's Lung Cleared for Takeoff

1/20/2010 5:14 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rivers Cuomo -- who wasn't allowed to fly last month due to the punctured lung he suffered in a freak bus accident -- is back in the air ... and come tonight, he'll also be back on stage.

Rivers Cuomo: Click to watch
The limping Weezer front man hopped a plane at LAX that was bound for Florida yesterday -- where he'll play his first concert with the band since the bus accident that left him with the busted lung and a wounded spleen.

According to the band's website, Rivers has been "given a cautionary clean bill of health - so long as he takes it easy and is careful." Translation: No crowd surfing.

Gloria

Glad the guy is doing better.

And "Norton," Some of us actually visit that site. It's like FML. It's a professional website and doesn't have any viruses. Otherwise, I would be infected as well. No one likes the spam, but it's not nice to feed people with lies who actually do click. Some people might actually believe you and call a tech support guy and waste their money!

Kristy

So happy to hear Rivers is feeling well enough to play shows again. I've seen Weezer 14 times and I had tickets to the Irvine show that got cancelled. Can't wait till they come back to play L.A.. One of the best bands I have ever seen live!!!!!

Josh B

Weezer is such a great band. Is there a better song than My Name is Jonas? Nope!

Anyone else find it odd that the singer punctured a lung, and the band is called WEEZER???!!!

http:phanmemvn.net

Read more: http://phanmemvn.net

Chuckio

Rivers is such a normal guy. He reminds me of most of the nerds I knew in high school. What do you expect to gain from hounding him at the airport you leeches?

me