'Jersey Shore' Kids

Drive Hard Bargain

1/24/2010 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0124_jersey_shore_photo-1The "Jersey Shore" kids didn't fall off the pizza delivery truck yesterday -- TMZ has learned they have rejected MTV's salary offer for Season 2.

Sources connected with the negotiation say MTV offered Snooki, Pauly D, "The Situation" and the others each a $10,000 signing bonus and $5,000 an episode.

We're told the cast rejected the offer and made it clear -- they were negotiating "Friends" style ... everyone would get the same amount and it had to be a lot higher than MTV's offer.

Sources say MTV came back and doubled the offer -- $10,000 an episode. The cast hasn't responded to the offer.

It's still a bargain. The season finale of "Jersey Shore" was off the charts with 4.8 million viewers.

And, with some members of "The Hills" scoring north of $100,000 an episode, the "Jersey Shore" kids, frankly, should be holding out for a hell of a lot more than $10k.

We've also learned MTV has a contractual hold on the cast for another year, so technically Snooki and company have no right to renegotiate -- but it's done all the time with hit shows.

An MTV spokesperson would not comment on the negotiations and said the network has not made a decision on bringing the show back for Season 2. We're also told MTV has received thousands of tapes from would-be Guidos and Guidettes.

Lekili

Only in America can a bunch of foul mouthed, ill mannered,sex crazed nobodies hold MTV hostage. If I were MTV I'd let them walk. Greedy little punks!

fay

all it takes is one person to put the bug in their ears, "you know yall can make more money than this. you guys are talented!" they need to to sit their asses down and be happy with what they got or what they are getting. Who do they think they are, the cast of Friends (and they had some nerve then too)? give me a break.

Diane

that's not acting-that's acting out--worth nothing

Princess

"FRIENDS" SUCKS COMPARED TO THEM TOO NOT ONLY "THE HILLS" A LOT OF FRIENDS EPISODES WERE STUPID AND BORING AGAIN WITH ONLY A WHITE WHITE VIEWER AUDIENCE WITH NO PERSONALITY I'VE WATCHED ALL OF THESE SHOWS I COULDN'T WATCH ALL OF "THE HILLS" IT'S ALWAYS SO PAINFUL TO LISTEN AND LOOK AT THOSE BBBBBBBBOOORING PEOPLE TALK THEY ARE SUPER BORING AND ANNOYING AND POINTLESS AND UN-ENTERTAINING SO IF I COULD I WOULD BLOCK THAT SHOW FROM EXISTING ON MY TV. BUT I LIKE iCarly MORE THAN ALL OF THESE SHOWS SO THE CHILDREN ARE GETTING BETTER TV THAN THE ADULTS. BUT AS FOR Mtv NOTHING IS BETTER THAN "JERSEY SHORE" NOBODY WANTS TO SEE TEENAGE MOM SCREW-UPS OH MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS ALSO A TEENAGE MOM OH LIKE THEY WANT TO SEE PEOPLE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM AS THEMSELVES NOOO THAT DOESN'T MAKE PEOPLE WATCH IT WILL ONLY MAKE THEM MORE DEPRESSED AND FEEL REJECTED FROM SOCIETY. TV NEEDS MORE ENTERTAINMENT THAT'S WHAT EVERYONE NEEDS AND NOT THE ADULT KIND BUT FOR ALL AGES.

cathy

It's not like they have talent. There are plenty more of their "types" where these guys came from. If they get greedy and more full of themselves than they already are, they could be back to slinging pizzas or whatever they did...http://newsy1.wordpress.com

Maniacal Zebra

Where's the $0 button?

anistonfan!!!!!!

I don't watch this show seems to be to stupid for anyone to watch. Know of it from TMZ.

I voted 5k just to see the results but was thinking -0. TMZ you really need to put some choices like don't care, and in your would you rather have, never.

pissed

see kids, college DOES NOT pay off...get on reality TV, make a joke of yourself, family and your city and get paid thousands to do it...being a struggling college student WILL NOT PAY OFF...especially when we have easily amused ppl who watch shows like this and think they are cool and have high powered sleeze balls running networks like MTV..and btw TMZ, where is the $0 option???

Jenn90808

I caught the tail end of one episode and that's all I need to see to determine that those douche bags shouldn't even be on TV. That their ratings are solid only confirms the dumbing down of America.

Ken

I say pay up.Mtv stands to make a fortune in advertising dollars because of this show.4.8 million tuned in,that's huge for cable.You know why Simon Cowell makes 36 million a year for Idol,because 30 million people watch the show and that equals big bucks for Fox.You don't have to like the kids from Jersey Shore but this show is a business for mtv,and this business is gonna make money.

Gabriella

Where's the $0 option?

anthony

this show is so stupid.

Catherine

I wasn't able to vote in this poll. These people aren't worth the dog crap I stepped in while getting my newspaper this morning.

Please!