LAPD/D.A. Feud Derails Dr. Murray Arraignment

2/5/2010 10:11 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The scheduled arraignment Friday for Dr. Conrad Murray in the death of Michael Jackson will not take place as scheduled because of the feud between the L.A. County D.A. and the LAPD over Dr. Murray's surrender.

Dr. Conrad Murray and Michael Jackson

As we first reported, the LAPD was bent out of shape -- and that is an understatement -- because the D.A. had kept cops in the dark and had been working with Dr. Murray's lawyers to arrange a voluntary surrender in court at the time of the arraignment.

The plan as of Thursday afternoon: Dr. Murray's lawyers would drive him to the L.A. County Sheriff's Office at the Airport Courthouse in L.A. at 5:30 AM Friday, along with a bail bondsman. Dr. Murray would be booked, post bail and then walk into court without handcuffs or chains.

We're told the LAPD so vehemently objected to the plan ... the D.A. finally backed off. The LAPD wants to arrest Dr. Murray, book him and bring him into court in handcuffs and/or chains -- something that is fairly standard in homicide cases.

The plan has fallen apart and we're told ... as of now ... there will be no arraignment tomorrow.

It's starting out shaky, folks.

Adi

122. Who wants a clue?

Posted at 1:58AM on Feb 5th 2010 by puppetmaster

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/05/dr-conrad-murray-michael-jackson-arraignment-lapd-district-attorney/9#comments#ixzz0edxAZczW
__________________________________________________________________

@puppetmaster

YES please...we would L.O.V.E a clue!!!!

;)

Look at all the WJ spermette cheerleaders on TMZ. WJ rahrahrah!

Don't diet ohwell. Take some of that wacky stuff your god took. That will solve all your anxiety issues you have over his case.

a fan

Well, why don't LA keep him there since they like him so much instead of him flying back here to Houston. He is a disgrace to the medical field.

rip mj

They were in it for the money

OhWell, he isn't my God. But for pitys sake, he was a human being, a very gifted human being blemishes and all and NO! I do not think he was guilty of any molestation so do not go there!
I also do not need anything to help me with so called anxiety. I'm just plain ashamed of what the judicial system has become and the games everyone is playing; to a Dr. who is really a nobody-he did a very nasty thing. Ludicrious to say the very least.

Marisa

Why am I not surprised? This doc will never go to jail. It's obvious. Farce.
Love you Michael

Glenda in Texas

So the fight is over whether Murray gets handcuffed? Bwahahahahaha!!!! I am enjoying the show. :)

susie

Michael you are a GENIUS!!!!
I love you Joker.

cindee

15.) I so agree with you .THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING ALL
I CAN DO IS "S C R E A M" ...PLEASE STOP ALL THE POLITICAL
POSTURING IT'S BEEN 8 MONTHS FOR A INVOLUNTARY
MANSLAUGHTER CHARGE???? "FROG MARCH THIS BASTARD"
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ,ARREST HIM ,HE DOESN'T DESERVE
SPECIAL TREATMENT, DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 YEAR MAXIMUM ON THE INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER
CHARGE........ARE YOU KIDDING !!!!!
THE PAIN AND SUFFERING OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE AROUND THE
WORLD, THE DESTROYED LIFES , 3 ORPHANS HIS DEVASTATED
FAMILY

WE NEED TO BECOME ACTIVTIST FOR JUSTICE ON BEHALF
OF MICHAEL JACKSON

WRITE AND TELL THEM: MICHAEL DESERVES "J U S T I C E"

BILL CLINTON (IS /WAS A GOOD FRIEND OF MJ)
THOMAS MESEREAU
MARK GERAGOS
APHRODITES JONES
GERALDO RIVERA
SPIKE LEE
STEVIE WONDER
JESSE JACKSON
AL SHARPTON
RAFFLES VAN EXEL
THE LIST IS LONG OF FRIENDS ,BUT, IT'S A START....

LETS DO SOMETHING, LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD
AND I DON'T MEAN FIGHTING AMONGST OURSELVES

I WANT JUCTICE FOR MICHAEL'S LEGACY AND MOST
IMPORTANT FOR PRINCE PARIS AND BLANKE

All your base are belong to us

Oh Fook!
I was hoping to see Bernie Madoff in chains and handcuffs and I never did.
He got to stay at his penthouse apartment and fook his wife as he pleased before he waltzed to the courtroom.
And Madoff is THE BIGGEST THIEF in history. And no handcuffs for him.
What hypocrisy and duplicity!

Pink Daisy

Posted at 11:04PM on Feb 4th 2010 by Moonbeam

I understand what you're saying. I'm a person of color and have connections to South Central L.A. but homeboy admitted to giving MJ that stuff. And I've had family members in law and law enforcement. OJ was paraded in handcuffs why not Murray? Black defendants are cuffed all the time, we just don't see it. I may be wrong but I don't think most people will have a problem with this considering MJ is more important than Murray. BUT if the press exaggerates of the treatment of Murray it might turn in to something.

I have no problem seeing Murray do the perp walk.

Pink Daisy

I know what you're saying, but if you notice, no one but MJ fans are even concerned about Justice for Michael! And, a lot of them have kind of slipped into oblivion. So, by the time Murray stands trial, if ever, he’ll have the status of a celebrity! Hell, he pretty much has it already! Check it out:

A celebrity (or simply as celeb) is a widely-recognized or notable person who commands a high degree of public and media attention. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrity

That pretty much fits Dr. Murray right about now!! Even if it’s not in a good way!
Just look at how he's being treated by the authorities! Like a celebrity!

Posted at 11:46PM on Feb 4th 2010 by WillOTheWisp

Since you put it that way, he is a celebrity... in the vein of all of the celebrity criminals in America.

Could it be that because we're in constant communication on the net that it seems we're the only ones who care? I doubt that the majority of the public, Mj fans or not, will storm the courthouse if Murray goes free, but I do think MJ has a lot of admirers out there and even if they're not willing to go the distance, they won't go after Murray's autograph...well, unless it's becomes valuable or unless it a TMZ photographer. :)

Justice for Michael!!!

Pink Daisy

75. @Moonbeam - look, I could not read the whole dissertation but I see where you were going. The who race thing is not the issue here that it would be had he not killed a BLACK ICON. I don't know if you've noticed but many Black people LOVE MJ. We had a rocky relationship with him. We challenged him, we questioned him and he answered. We regarded him as Fam, quirks and all. Murray is a respected black physician but he ain't family, to many of us, MJ was and we respected what he was able to accomplish. I love my people but I want to see that Jackass in handcuffs. Hell, we saw Mike in them just 6 yrs ago.

Posted at 11:59PM on Feb 4th 2010 by ironic

I KNOW THAT'S RIGHT!!!

just an observation

Have you opened your eyes yet?

Move over James Cameron..............................

Michael Jackson.....Simply The Best........

Keep the stories coming..........

MH

Well, we all know about the D.A.'s office's biased stance when it comes to Michael Jackson, don't we?

TMZ, why do you always use such crappy quality photos of MJ. DOn't you have anything better?

R.I.P. K.O.P.