Dr. Conrad Murray to Judge -- I'm 'Not Guilty'

2/8/2010 12:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad MurrayMichael Jackson's doctor, Conrad Murray, will plead not guilty Monday morning when he is arraigned on involuntary manslaughter charges ... sources tell TMZ.

We're told the plan is for Dr. Murray to arrive at the courthouse 20 - 30 minutes before the arraignment -- which sources tell us will be at 1:30 PM PT. He will surrender voluntarily.

Law enforcement sources tell us 20 L.A. County Sheriff's deputies will be at the courthouse, some of whom will be evident and some who will not. We're told the Sheriff's Department has had its security plan in place for a while, in part because of crowd control concerns and partly because of security issues surrounding Dr. Murray.

We're told there is a concern about Dr. Murray's safety because of intense feeling on the part of some Michael Jackson fans that Dr. Murray killed the singer.

As we first reported, Dr. Murray will be accompanied by a bail bondsman who will post bail -- expected to be $25,000.

Our sources say Dr. Murray will not waive his right to a preliminary hearing.

Following arraignment and booking, we're told Dr. Murray will leave L.A. and go either to Las Vegas or Houston.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

susie

Hi Della,
"There is no way Michael Jackson was being put under every night on Propofol"...
Propofol is used for surgery or cancer pains.You can't take it and dance and sing the day after.
I agree.

Della

CNN website is reporting that Murray has been charges with manslaughter

CRYSTAL

LADP IF YOU ALLOW DR.MURRAY TO SURRENDER THEN YOU ARE AS BIG IDIOTS AS THE D.A..YOU ALL SHOWED MICHAEL JACKSON BEING BEING ARRESTED FOR THE WORLD TO SEE WHICH WAS BS.WHY NOT MURRAY?MAYBE IT IS BECAUSE MURRAY HAS BEEN GIVING THE D.A. AND LAPD PROPOFOL ALONG WITH THE OTHER DRUGS.IT SURE SOUNDS LIKE THE D.A AND LAPD IS ON SOMETHING.LAPD YOU ALL PUT UP SUCH A BIG STINK ABOUT THE D.A.KEEPING YOU ALL IN THE DARK AND ABOUT WANTING TO ARREST MURRAY.YOU ALL ARGUED OVER IT FOR TWO DAYS,AND YET YOU CAME AWAY WITH NOT ARRESTING MURRAY,SO FAR.DR.MURRAY HAS ADMITTED TO GIVING PROPOFOL AND ALL THE OTHER DRUGS TO MICHAEL.I THINK THAT YOU ALL HAVE LOST YOUR EVERY LOVING MINDS SO GET ON WITH DOING YOUR JOBS.IF THIS WAS A FAMILY MEMBER OF YOURS THAT HAD BEEN KILLED OR TAKEN AWAY FORM YOU BY ANOTHER PERSON.WOULDN'T YOU ALL WANT TO SEE HIM IN HANDCUFFS?I AM SURE THAT THE JACKSON FAMILY SURE DOES AND I AM SURE ALL OF MICHAEL'S FANS DO TOO.SO LAPD DO YOUR JOB AND ARREST MURRAY NOW.JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL JACKSON.A HUGE MJ FAN

Marie

When fake cancer victim Gavin Arvizo falsely accused Michael Jackson of molesting him,the DA Tom Sneddon made sure that the singer was handcuffed,paraded,and ridiculed in front of the whole world.Now they are protecting the man who killed Michael Jackson.

Who Cares reads a wonder

At the court house JOE Jackson went in Then more of the family several of them went in together.Then from the back of the parking lot RANDY JACKSON came from the back and went into the court house.By his side was that his LAWYER,Randy what did you do to YOUR BROTHER,tell us Randy you look GUILTY.

Susan

Sorry but you're wrong. When you have had surgery, other painkilling medications are put into the drip. That is the effects that you are feeling afterwards. Anyone who has had a colonoscopy or medical test that required being put under but didn't require other pain killing addictives, can tell you that you feel fine right afterwards and can go about your day. I've been put under for tests, and went to work right after several times.

216. Hi Della,
I agree.

Posted at 2:44PM on Feb 8th 2010 by susie

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/08/dr-conrad-murray-michael-jackson-not-guilty-involuntary-manslaughter-courthouse-arraignment-security-plea/15#comments#ixzz0eynzbiSs

susie

221. "that you feel fine right afterwards and can go about your day".
WHAAAAAAAT?
Are you Murray's sister?

katherine

I believe when murray left the room, and jackson was in bed, he got up and turned up the proforl so he could fall asleep faster, and gave himself to much. This is the bottom line.

lisa

I can't believe this , DR Death is getting away with killing the King of Pop! we as Michael's fans need to be outside that Damm court picking this unjust.Damm you treated more harshly in get more time in jail if you kill a dog. a human being was murderd.Where are Michael Jackson fan at? lest make some noise!

2pac 4ever

This guy didnt kill Micheal Jackson!!!!!!!!!!

andy

Mj was acquitted of all charges and it was broadcast that his accusers have recanted since MJ's death. So, if you want to harp on about 'abusers', YOU ARE one and can only judge according to your own sick polluted mind.
As for ace flunkie Conrad Murray---- it was outrageous that LA DA's office spared him the distinction of being hauled in hand- cuffs--- the fake EXCUSE being that 'they didn't want to risk prejudicing the jury pool'---- so why was there no such concern extended to MJ in the past!!! Clearly the DA's office is just a bunch of 'MD ASS-Kissers' even in this case of overt homicide. If Murray only gets 4 years behind bars,jail inmates WILL deliver justice for Michael. But before they finally bash in his moronoic skull,Murray will finally see his best option was indeed to kill himself.

Zey

I have said it before here and I repeat: This hapless negro Doctor is just a fall guy for the Jewish Dermatologist Dr. Klein that was the source of all the misery that MJ suffered here on Earth for over 25 years of his life. MJ was a guniea monkey for the whims of Dr. Klein's research fancy. In the process, MJ not only lost his skin color, his facial looks, but also his dignity and soul to the point of marrying an old gold-digging cow and rasing two children that weren't his. In short, MJ was long dead -- long before stupid Dr. Murray came to the scene to collect some crumbs from the left overs of Dr. Klein's 25 years' party.

marson

Dr. Murray were you Michael Jacksons doctor or not? Were you giving him profonol or not? He died while in your care. I saw the autopsy report. How can you say you are not guilty! He was your patient and he died while in your care. Unless he killed himself you were the only other person in that room. So maybe you better change your plea. You can't say well he wanted it. If he was a drug addict that makes your actions even more criminal. You should have helped him or called his family to get help for him. I would rather risk my license for telling his next of kin (his mother) what he was doing than go to jail for killing my patient. You should listen to Michaels song MONEY it really rings true in this case. I pray god helps me to get rid of the anger I feel toward you. I am so angry. I feel as if I have lost a member of my family. Michael was like a little brother to me. I have cried over this for months. You have caused alot of pain to alot of people, espeacially those poor parentless children. God help you.

mspaap

I'm sorry people but I cannot call Murray a doctor because doctors take an oath to do no harm. Murray says he has nothing to apologize for even though: (1.)Administered a potentially heart stopping drug in a patient without necessary medical equipment available that is needed to restart the patients heart (2.) Failed to call 911 get the patient sufficient medical help that was only a few minutes away, (3.) Failed to place the patients body on a hard surface to administer more efficient CPR, until he was told to do so. (4.) Supposedly left a patient alone unsupervised, and unmonitored after he adminstered a potentially heartstopping drug, and possibly other sedation drugs in the patient. (5.) Made several other telephone calls, during or after, the patient suffered cardiac arrest, but failed to call 911 for almost, or over an hour to get the patient sufficient medical help that could have saved the patients life. (6.)Even though the coroner states the heart stopping drug was administered by a medical professional,and not my the patient, Murray blamed the sedated patient for self administering the potentially heart stopping drug that ended up killing the patient. (7.)Failed to notify other medical professionals he'd administered a potential heart stopping drugs and other sedation drugs in the patient even though, he believed the patient was in cardiac arrest. (8.)Falsely stated how much of the heart stopping drug he administerd in the patient. NOW HE HAS THE NERVE TO SAY HE HAS NOTHING TO APOLOGIZE ABOUT? In my opinion this man has no concious and is a reckless self serving individual who shouldn't be allowed to practice medicine on an animal. I'd hide stuffed animals from him too..lol In my opinion, Murray not only broke the OATH he took TO DO NO HARM, it seems like he was working harder to make sure the patient died before calling 911 for help. No wonder he wanted to MONITOR everything that happened to the patient while his body was in the ambulance and in the hospital. Notice he didn't sign the death certificate... I could go on but a person would have to hate Michael Jackson or be living under a rock to conclude Michael killed himself. I do however believe Michael did kill himself the minute he trusted Murray to take care of his health. Murray and I can agree on one thing and that is, Dead men don't talk and tell what really happened to him. I understand that to a degree, the coroner can help Michaels body tell some of what happened to him, but no one could tell it like Michael. Now Murray is still allowed to practice on other patients and was only given a criminal charge that will amount to a slap on his hand, for the wrong he did to Michael Jackson. It is more likely than not that, Murrays lawyer and he will use the trial as a means to write a book and get rich. Michael will still be dead and his poor mother, children and everyone who loves will still be in pain. This is how we thank a man who went down in Guinea book of recors for giving more money to charities, the sick and dying than any other entertainer in history. All I can say is, Thank GOD there is a GOD and Thank GOD for JESUS. <--Mspaap>( Hater replys will be promptly deleted with a smile )

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/28/dr-conrad-murray-michael-jackson-propofol-apology/#comments#ixzz0lxh1hj5d

SUSANNE

I HOPE THAT JUSTICE BE SERVED. HE SHOULDN`T BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE TILL TRIAL IS OVER. HE KILLED MICHEAL AND TOOK A GREAT MAN FROM HIS CHILDREN AND FROM THE FANS. BUT MAINLY HIS KIDS MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE JACKSON FAMILY THAT THEY GET THE JUSTICE THEY DESERVE FOR THE DEATH OD THERE SON A LEGAND. BEST WISHES TO YOU ALL AND OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU ALL.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13