John Mayer

Sorry for Dropping

the N-Word

2/10/2010 6:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John MayerJohn Mayer is apologizing for using the N-Word in that explosively controversial Playboy interview in which he compared his penis to a white supremacist.

During the interview, Mayer stated that "black people" love him -- and then he brought up the topic of a "hood pass."

While explaining the meaning of a hood pass, Mayer said, "It's sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n*gger pass."

But moments ago, Mayer issued an apology, via Twitter, saying "I am sorry that I used the word. And it's such a shame that I did because the point I was trying to make was in the exact opposite spirit of the word itself."

Mayer added, "It was arrogant of me to think I could intellectualize using it, because I realize that there's no intellectualizing a word that is so emotionally charged."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

femme noir

This is Black History Month.

SpawnOfAzazel

Douchenozzle.

valerie lawrence

JOHN...GET OVER YOURSELF!!!

tlp

Idiot!

Mr. Roboto

LOL!! Johnny boy....you do get a hood pass. Coz you keep it real.

jaime

This dude laughs a black people....to him they are a joke....N this article exposes his true feelings...he should not act like he is sorry ...hes just sorry about the reaction....what a shame..what a waste...I thought he was cool

tlp

You think Jen's glad she bailed on this one!!!

hawnandhudsonbothsuck

What a F*&^*%CKING idiot!!!!!!!!!!

cidroc

im not black but nobody should use the n word not even if your black

Have no shame

Wasn't offended when he said it. I took it at face value. That's what all white people say when they aren't around black people. If they don't say it they condone others saying it by saying nothing at all. Lost more respect for him now by denying that he really meant it. I thought this may have been a start to white people being honest about how they felt.
Sorry John. Besides, the women that you named wouldn't have sex with you anyway. We don't want to have sex with guys that slip out all the time. I deal with educated black men only...and I get MUCH satisfaction...sexually and mentally.

Lisa-Centereach

Gee John Mayer..Before I use to think you were a Douche. Now I think your a F'ing Douchebag..

Lisa

Dear John,

Get a life, because we know you have to create drama every now and then JUST to get your name in the tabloids. This must have been a really slow news day. Or should I say tabloid news day.

KICK ROCKS

I COULD NEVER STAND HIM!

NOW LETS SEE HIM GET OUT OF THIS ONE...HE IS A JACK OFF!

CTS

The guy is an attention whore. Anything to keep his name in the tabloids.

tlynn

The white "Kanye West" with a short white supremacist d*ck that isn't jumping in anyone's direction.

You know it's a shame that someone with the gift of music, is so trailer park trash ignorant, insensitive and just down right sewer sludge. So, i guess the change he was talking about in his song is like the change Obama promised....just isn't going to happen, never was!

What an idiot this clown is, let's all pray he doesn't reproduce!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments