Chikezie: I Got Busted Over Cologne

2/26/2010 11:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

ChikezieChikezie Eze is now dealing with a felony arrest because he just wanted to smell good.

We spoke with the "American Idol" alum a few minutes ago about his arrest last night at Neiman Marcus in Beverly Hills for felony identity theft.

Chikezie says he went cologne shopping at Neiman's last night, took two bottles to the counter and presented his Neiman's credit card -- a card he had never used before.

Chikezie says the clerk flagged the card, called security and he was taken downstairs for questioning. He says he was told something was "untrue" on his credit card application, though he had no idea what it could be.

Chikezie says, "They said they were waiting for someone to use the card and when they did they would pull them down."

Chikezie says he has no idea what information on the application might be false, adding, "I am who I am. It's not like I can hide that." He mentioned security said something about the name of his company -- Advanced Business Strategic Solutions -- on the application, but didn't know if that's why Neiman's flagged the card.

Chikezie says, "I haven't done anything wrong myself and I'm pretty confident nothing is going to happen."

Nasty Nick

What,a black man can't have a Neiman Marcus card?

dd

#16....calm down, yes, you must fill out a credit app. to get credit. Yes they could have turned him down...whats the big deal, you don't know whose at fault because you don't work for the store, or maybe you do..Lower your blood pressure!

Dirt Burger

This is how a black man gets treated at Neiman Marcus, it's a shame.

Mare Garrel

Goodness gracious, some of the comments I've been reading here are beyond outrageous! People, this man is my best friend, and believe me, he is not stupid enough to commit such an obvious crime and then lie about it. Take it from someone who knows, and lay off!

ninwest

Sounds fishy

Mikey

Something smells funny here.....

(i'm making my ownself sick with that comment)

LollyBlue

If what he's saying is TRUE, then HOW EMBARRASSING!!

Lisa

I'm confused. So, we don't know if someone else filled out the app or if he did. And he got arrested yet they didn't tell him why the card was flagged? It doesn't make sense.

dr cyclops

i thought you wuz dead man..how can you be talkin on here if yur dead

Better Than You

SLOW... NEWS... DAY

donn

like we are all just a bunch of idiots.. he has NOOO idea if it could be this or it could be that.. WE will always be SMARTER than pices of plop never has beens

donn

this guy has always been a worthless hacker, a liar and a useless wannabe. he couldn't afford to shop at the dollar general, nevermind high end department stores.

donn

HEY LOCUST 1 .. GO SELL AMWAY TO YOUR MOM AND GET THE HELL OFF THIS COMMENT BOARD. YOU ARE A LOOOOSSSEEERRRR . IT IS NOT OK TO ADVERTISE HERE (just like every other worthless potion peddling salesturd, you already knew that, now didn't you) . i think your mom needs more anallube. go sell her some

Sally

You guys forget he worked for the TSA for a few years, so he knows the ins and outs of fraud and security. He's not THAT stupid to try something like that. He doesn't need the money. This is probably mistaken identity.

Loud and talentless

The ever-present "why me," defense. He's full of it. He knows he lied about something on the application. Bet you big $$$ it was a fraudulent attempt to obtain merchandise without paying for it.
His idea of "redistribution of wealth."

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments