Brittany Murphy Leaves Assets to Mom

3/2/2010 2:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brittany Murphy Leaves Assets to MomBrittany Murphy left her entire estate to her mother, Sharon, TMZ has learned.

Sources tell us, years before Brittany was married she wrote a holographic (handwritten) will, leaving everything to her mom. The will was stored in her manager's safe.

Brittany's husband, Simon Monjack, told TMZ after they got married Brittany had a formal will drafted, along with a trust. Simon tells us all of her assets under the new will and trust go to Sharon.

Simon tells us, at his request, the will specifically says, "I am married to Simon Monjack who I have intentionally left out of this will."

amanda

sure sounds strange 2 me!!!

amanda

I mean why even mention his name if you are intentionally leaving him out of the will? like i said sure sounds strange to me!

Carl

That may have been one of the smartest things she ever did!

Hymie

to #2

you mention people in your will so they cannot contest the will.

So he is doubly screwed......

TorontoMark

"whom" I have intenionally left out of this will

grammar mistakes? sounds "physhee"

Loud and talentless

Good. Her mother was the one who sacrificed for her daughter to achieve her dreams. That ... and I just don't trust that FRAUD AT ALL!

Snotsie

I'd say it was done so he couldn't contest, but if it was done with his knowledge, that should put all these "he murdered her" stories to rest. For Christ's sake, leave this man alone. What more can he do to prove his innocence.

WeHoDi

Mariah

Is he saying this to act like he was really not after money? Sounds like it is to save face...

Carnac

I most seriously doubt it.
Trusts are private - that and the cost of probating them the real reason we get them You have yours, right? No court proceeding and those fees, and bond required and you also don't have to split a percentage of the estate with the probate lawyer to probate the will, time lost - who makes the mortgage payments, taxes in a low asset situation, yet you want to preserve to asset and its equity to sell. Trust essentially gives the trustee a power aof attorney and NO COURT approval - that makes it's dealings - terms, distribution anonymous. ANd no lawyer getting some percentage, though the trustee can get something like executors fees, but they are not a portion of the estate and costs stay low and confidential ! A will is filed in the court and everyone gets to read - but half the celebrity wills are of no effect as to gossip - since they are superceded by the fool thought to make a more recent trust. All the property goes into the trust and the terms and distribution happen fast at death, are NOT recorded in the court for all to read and there's no judge. Unless there's a lawsuit type dispute.

NOW - Simon is certainly free to say all that. Cuz the will was superceded by the trust and her trust will always be confidential.
I just doubt that he's not in it - sounds better this way and all the celebs do that crap.

Just like they all been running around LA claiming Madoff stole my money - don't make me name names D.C.
And half the broke westside wannabes saying Madoff took their money - the tally is higher than the deficit if you add it all up from the bragging !
Brag on Simon and no one ever gets anything done.
Yet I'm a model and celebrities old enough to be my parents have smoother appearances, no lines and always look "different."

When Ho-wood gets tired of bragging by complaining we'll really have a story - oh and the westside types with their expired tags on their rich folks cars !

jessemosslover

8. How can her husband be intentionally left out if the will was written years before her marriage?
_________________________________________________________________

Hey #8, learn how to read. It clearly states "Simon Monjack, told TMZ after they got married Brittany had a formal will drafted, along with a trust. Simon tells us all of her assets under the new will and trust go to Sharon"

jessemosslover

Ooop, sorry I meant #11. Learn how to read.

LILLL

Has anybody actually seen this after marriage will? I believe it is yet another lie from Monjack. He just can't help himself! Even though the facts are the same,Sharon inherits everything, he still has to lie!

Robyn

WHOA!! hold the presses!! Did I just see in the second thing about Brittany that the husband and mom are moving to New York together after the house is sold? Am I seeing things????????????? The cops need to look into this whole thing CLOSER.

Sherry

WOW, I can't believe this! I completly understand the house on sale.
My mom died and couldn't keep the house, too many memories! What I
dont get is this so called husband "ASKED" to be left out of the
will. He probably planned on divorcing her at some point and taking
her for a chunk of money and it backfired on him because she died!
Now this thing with the mother... I think hes going to milk her,
maybe sue her at some point to get some money. He is a fat mooch. I
never could understand what she was doing with him. She was very
pretty and look at him ??? Im just saying..

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments