« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ben Roethlisberger Accused of Sexual Assault

3/5/2010 5:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ben Roethlisberger Sexual AssaultPittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault by a young woman in Georgia, TMZ has learned.

The alleged incident occurred early this morning at Capital City -- a club in Milledgeville, Georgia.

According to law enforcement sources, the alleged victim -- who has already been interviewed by police -- was treated at a local hospital and released.

We're told in addition to the alleged victim, witnesses are being interviewed -- and one law enforcement source says they will attempt to interview Roethlisberger.

In addition to the Milledgeville Police Dept, we've learned the Georgia Bureau of Investigations is also investigating.

As we previously reported, Roethlisberger is being sued by a Reno woman, Andrea McNulty, who claims the QB sexually assaulted her in 2008.

UPDATE: We're told Ben Roethlisberger has already been interviewed by police. We're also told no formal charges have been filed at this point.

UPDATE 3:30 PM EST: A rep from the Steelers tells TMZ, "We are gathering information on this incident - until then we have no further comment."

Story developing ...

Ben Roethlisberger

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

carol

Tiger says thanks Ben !!!

sarah

This is unsettling. I dismissed the first accuser's story and now I feel like she may have been telling the truth.

Someone NOT throwing the race card

LOL

#39 - you ROCK! You took the words right out of my mouth ... poor me ... I'm black ... wah! ... race card. Right on!

Racism? Why is it ALWAYS "racism" according to the n ... colored people?

Speaking of ... #26, 30, 31 - nice try to disguise yourself with 3 different names - unfortunately for you, your spelling and grammar is so (consistently) bad, anyone who graduated from grammar school sees you're the same person trying to multiple post the same lame opinion over and over again. Oh, I know, it's not your fault ... you were raised poor black trash ... didn't know your daddy ... your mommy was a whore and had to sell meth to be able to afford to buy you clothes for you and your 14 siblings ... you never had a chance ... WAH!!!

comeatmebro

Gold diggers...

Rodd

Nice job TMZ! Patience - just the facts, maam. Just the facts. We jurors don't have the case yet. But we will .....

Kelly

I'm a woman and I feel sorry for professional athletes and celebrities in general, because people are always trying to shake them down. It's ridiculous. The other woman who accused Ben of assault is a NUT. Her story has more holes than Swiss cheese. The police wanted her to press charges and she refused! Instead, she is just suing Ben for about 5 million dollars. Everyone that worked with her at the hotel has pretty much backed Ben up. She's a crazy person.

This one, I don't know much about the story yet. However, why would he assault anyone?! He can get almost any chick he wants! I live in Pittsburgh, I've seen him at clubs. Women hang all over him. Hell, they hang all over Jeff Reed and basically any Steeler, even the back ups! It's so easy to get women. You just need a little bit of fame/money. So you mean to tell me that Ben, who can have ANYONE, goes to small towns in the south and rapes people? GIVE ME A BREAK!

billden47

Won't these athletes ever learn to just stay home at night?!?! That this woman did the right things, reporting to police right away rather than weeks later and that she went to the hospital make this incident appear more than a gold digging opportunity. Good luck, Ben. You are going to need it.

Pita

1. Lets put the color issue aside. Anyony can argue how their nationality, sex, race, or religion is a minority. 2. Yes I believe woman can lie to get back at men, or to get money from them. I believe men are capable of the same. 3. Sexual assult is not limited to rape. Any unwanted contact i.e. a ass grab could qualify as sexual assult.

If the rape test kit comes back positive and is a DNA match I will eat my words and send a hand-written apology card to the victim.

I dont really believe he did anything. If I was a psycho I would take a picture with my Ben fathead and fabricate a story too. Why doesn't Ben ever rape a model or at leat someone semi attractive?

Ben, when you are done with these money grubbing whores- call me.

TMZ hits a new low

the psycho talkers of this very website were INSISTANT that good 'old boy Ben was being railroaded by a white trash slut and he was freaking perfect and did not harm that woman and besides she was too ugly any way and all she wanted was money and what a ugly beyotch who'd touch her.

Remember that rant that you all went on?

And so it goes.

I rest my case. If this second episode turns out to be even a TEENSY bit true, career over. What a super douche. Not just Ben, but his defenders. Sexual assault is a crime and offenders tend to re-offend.

Calamity Jane

It should be noted that in the northern suburbs of Pittsburgh, Big Ben is regarded as somewhat of a nuisance at many restaurants and bars. Several establishments have banned him. Ben has a habit of walking out on bar tabs and very large dinner checks. Also, it should be noted that he can be very aggressive when trying to pick up women…Even when they are with a husband or boyfriend. This latest incident comes as no surprise to many who are aware of his off-field “antics”.

Someone NOT throwing the race card

LOL

#44 - you ROCK! You took the words right out of my mouth ... poor me
... I'm black ... wah! ... race card. Right on!

Racism? Why is it ALWAYS "racism" according to the n ... colored
people?

Speaking of ... #29, 33, 34 - nice try to disguise yourself with 3
different names - unfortunately for you, your spelling and grammar is
so (consistently) bad, anyone who graduated from grammar school sees
you're the same person trying to multiple post the same lame opinion
over and over again. Oh, I know, it's not your fault ... you were
raised poor black trash ... didn't know your daddy ... your mommy was
a whore and had to sell meth to be able to afford to buy you clothes
for you and your 14 siblings ... you never had a chance ... WAH!!!

Kooolaidred

#67"As a woman I have never been to a bathroom at any bar, even in the VIP that was empty. I think I may have been to 3 bars in my life tht didn't have a bathroom attendent. I find this story a little hard to believe."
________________________________________

I am from Milledgeville. We don't pay people to sit in bathrooms and hand out paper napkins. I've been in plenty of bars in this town where and at the right time, there won't be anyone in their. I used to take naps in the women's bathroom at Cowboy's back in my wilder days.

Kooolaidred

Good god. I have no idea why I can't spell anymore.

Alberto

Ziggy

Another woman accusing him of rape!!! What's the odds of being accused of rape twice in one year or twice in your whole lifetime, no matter who you are? Either he's got a huge sex problem or he's the most unluckiest bastard in history.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments