Sandra Bullock, Jesse James Lawyer Up

3/23/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Multiple sources tell TMZ reps for both Sandra Bullock and Jesse James have been interviewing divorce lawyers.

We're told Sandra's reps have been in touch with several high-end divorce lawyers. Our sources say Lance Spiegel, who handled divorces for Charlie Sheen, Heather Locklear and Michael Jackson, is the frontrunner.

As for Jesse, we're told his business people have contacted several lawyers as well, but he will not be initiating the divorce. We're told his reps are asking the attorneys "if they'd be interested in taking the case" if Sandra files.

As for whether a divorce petition will be filed, one source simply said, "Something's happening."

cathy

I really feel she is such a class act and he is the equivalent of trailer trash. Guess he couldn't take the star power of his wife, so he had to look to a groupie for validation. What a loser. http;//newsy1.wordpress.com

dawnster

Good riddance, what she saw in him to begin with is beyond me.

MaryH

That's what you get for trying to turn a guy like Jesse James into a husband. Come on.

MJ

I know Jesse killed any trust there, and I totally support Sandra, it just kills me what this will do to that little girl. She fought so hard to get custody of her, and she finally had a good home she could count on, and if Sandra does leave, the little girl will have such a horrible home to grow up in. I just hope she weighs all the pros and cons first. You can forgive once, of course I know you can't ever trust him again. I just want what is best for all. I hate Jesse did this, especially with such a trampy, trashy woman. It is a little easier to accept if it were a classy woman, but not this mess.

Jeff

If Jesse contacts me at 1-888-456-4MEN, I will take very good care of him. I am not a celebrity divorce attorney, but I am a piranha nonetheless. I will ensure that he is adequately protected.

seymore butts

Lanie,

Jesse had been separated from Janine for a long time and was well into divorce proceedings (if not done with) when he met Sandra. Jesse had 2 years plus of custody battle with Janine to have Sunny in his life. Maybe he has made some poor choices, but he is not quite monster made out to be, nor a bad or unloving father. Remember only party confirming anything so far is one who got a large check to do so. AS a side note, if he were the bastard he is made out to be, the woman who has known him the longest would not be supportive as she is and has been,that is his 1st wife Carla. She could as easily pull a Janine and strike while the iron is hot. You will find her in Jesse's corner no matter what thru this, for both their kids and him......just some thoughts

samiam56

He's a serial cheater. He'll continue to cheat on every woman he ends up with. McGee might want to keep that in mind.

beeleevr

So sad for the kids though. If Sandra leaves then who will give the kids some normalcy? JJ screwed up big time. No repairing this one. You cheat. Your outta here! I got your back Sandra!

lj long

You go, Sandra. Just walk away. You are so much better than this. Get a good lawyer and don't look back. You will be happier than ever before before you know it.

AG

Jeez, you have one affair and all of the sudden people want to get divorced. What is this world coming to?

Jan

When someone shows their TRUE COLORS, believe them. Jesse is gutter trash and Sandra needs to throw him back in the gutter. I am sure he will get a lot of money from her but she can make more. Jesse has been a real devil to all his X wives and he will continue to do so with her.

Lisa

Jesse, for the first time in your life, man up and just sign the papers and walk away, you don't deserve a dime of her money, don't fight her, let her move on, she deserves to be happy. You on the other hand along with your skanky girlfriend can rot in hell

Laughing

You could not be more wrong on the timing of sandra forming a relationship with Jesse and his divorce. He most certainly was NOT separated from his wife when they met (she was barely pregnant so obviously he had recent relations). It was love at first sight for Sandra but she had to win over Jesse. Jesse did separate shortly after he met Sandra, but they were definitely seeing each other by that time. People that know them both say Jesse filed for divorce to be with Sandra. If you research the time lines there is no doubt. Yes he was in a difficult marriage but he was not separated.

chris

It's about friggin time. I knew he was trash as soon as I heard they were together. Of course, I heard the whole "you're being unfair...everyone can change" argument. I was right about him all along. Get rid of his @ss Sandra...you deserve so much better

MacGuffin

Good for her. Just look at his sleazy past and you could have predicted his behavior. Get rid of him and find a great guy.