Dennis Hopper's Asst. -- Wife Tried to Kill Him!

4/1/2010 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Someone tried to kill Dennis Hopper -- according to legal docs filed by the actor's assistant -- and the alleged culprit is Hopper's own wife.

Dennis' assistant, Emily Davis, made the shocking allegation in a declaration filed in Hopper's epic divorce battle with wife Victoria.

In the docs, obtained by TMZ, Davis claims she and everyone else in the Hopper household were "at the mercy of [wife Victoria's] cruelty" when Hopper had to be taken to the hospital last December -- and added that his wife "was trying to kill him." Emily didn't specify the alleged method of termination.

Davis claims Victoria -- who's been trying to preserve her stake in Dennis' inheritance -- "is a threat to all in the home and has already looted millions of [dollars in] property that is not hers."

Dennis' daughter from a prior marriage, Marin Hopper -- who's actually older than her stepmother -- also weighed in, calling Victoria's behavior "frightening" ... and accusing her of spreading "slanderous lies" to the media.

UPDATE: Victoria tells TMZ: "Emily Davis' claims are outrageous, horrifying, and not based on facts or reality."

beaches

Stupid old man spent his kids inheritance on a wh$$e.

Old rich dudes get young wife and humiliate their children. I have no sympathy for him. He needs to apologize to his kids before he dies.

mrez golucky

Yikes!

Elvis Twin

She's kinda cute in this picture.

dee

Who is that in the photo? Wife Victoria or Assistant Emily? It isn't even yellow journalism when you don't identify the playeers!

Cartman

Dennis's side is the only side throwing crap.

He is being a huge jerk to his wife of 14 years and his young daughter by her. His selfish butt hasn't even given a thought as to how his young daughter will remember him after he dies. And when you die all you have left is the memories others have of you.

He is getting ready to meet his maker and all he can think about is making sure his wife is miserable. Sweet guy, amirite. Say hello to Hitler when you get there, Dennis.

signed, an ex-fan

JLS

I don't believe any of this. I think his adult children are setting up the wife to get the entire estate and they've even involved others in their scheme. It's just horrible the way Dennis is treating his wife and daughter and I believe he's too sick to realize it. This is definitely one of the worst things I've seen in a very long time. It's clear the assistant will be a bit richer after he passes...

King

Punk'd by karma?

northern gypsy

come on D.H. you marry some one YOUNGER than your daughter ...
and you really think she's digging your wrinkle a$$...give your head a shake !!!
sorry...she deserves every dime she can get...

Otto

Ben Karlin: "Sumner Redstone Licked My Dog's Crack" (New York) Accusations of overfriendly behavior towards animals on the part of Sumner Redstone shook

Jordan T.

Dennis Hopper looks like hell. I wonder how much longer he has to live?

Blue Swan

Number one rule in life:

Don't marry you ho.

Not A Gossip

I used to be part of a crew that did work in the Hoppers home on a regular basis. I am deeply saddened that he is so ill, and the rumors swirling around his wife. In person, he was always a kind and gracious man. He seemed to have a good relationship with his wife, and she seemed to be genuinely fond of him. Both of them were very dedicated to their daughter. Even when they were very busy, they always had time for her, when we were at the House.

Fred Farkel

I have changed my will because of this incident.

My will now provides for monthly income to my kids and grandkids AS LONG AS I AM ALIVE.

When I am dead??? The balance goes to the humane society to spay and neuter stray cats.

So there you go. I should lead a long and pampered life. Thank you Dennis.

Allen Ridak

What was he thinking?!?!
That photo is freaky. She makes Aileen Wuornos look like Mary Poppins

YLG

How much of an a-hole must you be to spend your last remaining days on earth making wife of 14 years and mother of your child miserable.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments