Kate's Lawyer -- Jon's Move Is 'Pathetic'

4/7/2010 5:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kate GosselinKate Gosselin's lawyer says Jon's attempt to wrestle custody away from his client is "pathetic."

Attorney Mark Momjian tells TMZ Jon's motives are transparent, saying, "He's never questioned her ability to provide for their children. He's out of the limelight, while 23 million people are watching Kate on 'Dancing with the Stars.'"

Momjian finds it ironic that Kate is effectively the only breadwinner, and when she goes to Hollywood to earn a living he turns around and says she's not in Pennsylvania caring for the kids.

Momjian says the legal docs filed by Jon are "incoherent" and so flawed that he fully expects the judge to throw his petition out ... stat.

Momjian says Jon is out for Jon, adding, "Do I think his motivation is the children's best interest. Squarely no."

erin

saw this comment that seemed right on...
TLC is making Jon appear as a deadbeat Dad because he can't work for anyone else but them for money...and they aren't letting him work. Visitation is at the sole discretion of Kate who is KEEPING Jon away to appear as if he's a dead beat Dad who doesn't visit his kids.

There it is in black and white. read the petition

ssc

kate...YOU are pathetic

baboo

Sick of Kate. Her claim to fame is ????????

Thunder Thighs

Dear Kate,
Your weave is so bad. I'm being serious. I do hair for a living and you look like a cocker spaniel, seriously. If you want to get your hair done professionally, I'll help you out, I know you have a litter of kids, I take food stamps, and I'll even cut you a deal. I'm glad you are on DWTS, but girl, if you spin too fast that weave might fall out.

Sincerely,
UNBEWEAVEABLE

jan

Jon is a complete idiot!! He's out of money so now he wants custody.. Those poor kids to have him for a Dad. Kate loves her kids & is a great Mom!!!! Jon you are a jackass.

Spanky

She is Sexy and hot . She has a great body and I would d her anytime .

appauled by the stalkarazzi

Jon Gosselin is such a loser the word should be tattooed on his forhead to warn all women.

SweetMelissa

OK YOUR 15 WAS UP LAST MONTH......BOTH OF YOU JUST GO AWAY YOU SELF ABSORBED BASTARDS!!! JUST GO ALREADY!!!

Me

Her dancing SUCKS!!!! I can't wait for her elimination next week.

SweetMelissa

IF I EVER GET SO BORED WITH LIFE THAT I HAVE TO TURN ON JON & KATE PLUS 8 OR WATCH A SHOW WITH "OCTOMOM" ( BY THE WAY SHE'LL PROBABLY BE THE NEXT CONTESTANT ON DWTS) THEN SOMEBODY BETTER JUST SHOOT ME POINT BLANK.

AG

This is ridiculous. Would you take a Hollywood actress to court to take her children away while she is on set doing a movie? He's pathetic.

steve

Perfect example of why certain people should not procreate. they over procreated and are exploiting it. their 15 minutes of fame is ending and they still have 8 mouths to feed. too bad.

Kate's hair should be illegal. A crime against nature and aesthetics.

Anonymous

Kate won't last long on DWTS but at least she is bringing income into the family while Jon is spending it but not working. Given Jon's substance abuse and social problems, it won't take long to figure out that he should not be a primary caregiver or receive spousal income. Get off that wide duff of yours Jon then find a job and keep it.

flo

This is a way for Jon to re-open his visitation petition which is controled by Kate. She gets to determine when and how long he gets to see his kids, this is not fair and should be decided by a judge not left up to this bitter shrew who is putting her feelings about Jon b4 the kids needs to have time with the father they love and need in their lives.

timmsa

You Go Jon, I hope you win on everything. She sucks in every aspect of her life. She can't dance and I wish she would get voted off already.