« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Will The Real Tim Duncan Please Tweet?

4/9/2010 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tim Duncan claims he was booted from his Twitter account ... because he's not the 6'11" NBA star by the same name.

Will The Real Tim Duncan Please Tweet?
The white Tim tells us he got an email from Twitter Tuesday informing him they were shutting down his account because they believed he was trying to "impersonate" the Black, much taller Tim Duncan.

For some reason Twitter had a change of heart yesterday and his account was re-activated.

We reached out to Twitter and we're still waiting for an explanation ... in 140 characters or less, of course.

Click here to play the game!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Thunder Thighs

wow, fuck twitter.

Wyatt

First!

hot don

this is 'tarded. Tim Duncan seems to be a pretty common name. Now if the dude was under the name "Shaquille O'Neal," that'd be a different story. Not only is Twitter in the wrong by trialin' this dude, but they create an internet faux pas by suspending his account because he happens to share the same name with a famous person. Twitter sucks btw, how many posts do I have to read where someone posts "just got back from the store and bought cage-free eggs"? Ya know, like who gives an eff?!

wyatt

Who do both pictures look like mug shots lol

Dirt Burger

Gee, big deal, another idiot who is going to tell us what he had for lunch. Cancel Twitter, it's silly

pro

Thats is so crazy...

wyatt

why*

Thunder Thighs

Twitter is for narcissistic losers. In the old days, people would go to the store, buy their tampons, sit in traffic, leave work and cook their dinner without broadcasting it to the rest of the world, now menial boring insignificant routine is now important, everyone wants to be a reality tv star, and unfortunately Twitter is the perfect vehicle for losers to tell the rest of the world their boring laundry. VERY sad. It's for attention whores, period. Twatter users can explain their away ramblings as staying in touch, but we live in a society now where everyone wants their 15 minutes, even if it's sharing the contents of their toilet bowl after a bad burrito.

CriticAl

He should change is name to that..."The WHITE Time Duncan".

CriticAl

Crap...I meant to type "Tim".

Dorinha

...and yet my "Fyvush Finkel" Twitter account remains deactivated. I smell a double standard.

Maniacal Zebra

Does Twitter really thing that each of the 6 billion people in the world have a unique name? Tim Duncan just doesn't seem all that unusual. Give me a break.

Ummmhmmm

Well I DO have a famous persons name and I CANT get a Twitter account because of it --atleast not under my actual name !
What sux even more ?I was born a few yrs before her ?So technically I AM the original not she ...

Ron

Great story, love the 140 characters or less joke . . . Tweet jokes are always hoot.

I play football, but grew up playing hockey. If any of you play sports or have a spouse/partner that plays sports you gotta check out this new company I found for getting the smell and bacteria out of sports gear, especially awesome for underarmour, nike drifit stuff. Search Shutout Solutions in google.

messygirl

There are a lot of people in the world with low IQs -- many probably work at Twitter.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments