« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ben Roethlisberger -- No Charges

4/12/2010 2:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0305_ben_roethlisberger_getty_95099599_bn.jpg Ben Roethlisberger will not be charged for sexual assault over an alleged incident on March 5 in Milledgeville, Georgia.

According to prosecutor Fred Bright -- the alleged victim wrote a letter on March 17, in which she stated that she no longer wanted to pursue the case.

During his investigation, Bright claims "everyone" agreed that both Ben and his accuser were highly intoxicated on March 5 when they went into the bathroom at Capital City nightclub.

Bright said there are still "significant questions about what occurred" in the bathroom ... but Ben will not be prosecuted.

Bright said after the alleged incident, the woman went to a local hospital where a doctor and two nurses examined her and found "a superficial laceration," bruising and bleeding in the genital area.

Bright said the woman told doctors "a boy kinda raped me" -- but Bright said the doctor could not definitively say if the woman's injuries were the result of a sexual assault.

Bright said Ben initially claimed that the woman fell and hit her head in the bathroom -- but after she arrived at the hospital, doctors found no trauma to the woman's head. After that, Bright says Ben's agent stepped in and said the quarterback wouldn't answer questions with an attorney present.

Ben Roethlisberger Pictures

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

electriczipper

She can always take him to a civil court and hopefully the NFL will come down hard on this loser....

terri

she said a boy kinda raped me huh? when'd the DA say that and if he did what a wierd comment. And that DA was a troll, if he isnt presecuting then the girl isnt a victim as he kept saying, she's the accuser. Also wouldnt be charged with regard to providing drinks, so why'd the troll DA bring that up? The bar is the one who is responsible, not a patron. The DA wanted his 15 minutes of fame, that's for sure.

tlynn

The bimbo was paid off!! America might as well make it a law to equip all girls with stripper poles & condoms once they learn how to walk! Clearly they are too stupid to do anything other than act like whores & then want to press charges & file suits! Hell, why should they get away with prostitution? Has she hired Gloria yet? Hell it's not Ben's fault she doesn't remember anything! But she sure remembered to fatten her pockets didn't she!!!

CPPPGH

I am a huge steeler fan and I can honestly say this pathetic excuse for a man has destroyed everyones excitement for the 2010 season. Tiger is an angel compared to Ben. At least Tiger's girls were willing and he didn't have to force himself on them. Once they got to know Tiger they all for the most part fell in love with him. Oh no, not Ben, after they got to know Ben they would try and run for their life. This is pathetic. He is discusting and a disgrace to the Steelers. I bet his parents are so proud of the legacy Ben will leave behind.

Do you have eyes?

Ben was lucky if this girl took money and refused to prosecute! He shouldn't be in college towns buying underage b*tches, as he fondly calls them, shots. He is a pig and should get himself a real girlfriend if anyone would actually date his fugliness.

justme

Okay, I am not going to comment on whether he's innocent or guilty because truth is, only the two of them know for sure.

What I am going to comment on is the fact that race as usual has been brought into this. "White man gets off again", "Typical White Girl antics", blah blah blah.

Give me a break. Can you say OJ Simpson? He was SOOO guilty and got off didn't he? Last time I checked he wasn't white.

It's just about right and wrong and all ethnicities know right from wrong. It's a matter of who knows enough to stay out of trouble and get in trouble.

I'm white, have friends of all colors and would never judge someone on the color of their skin. I also know a lot more people like me. So to sit here and listen to the comments about white people anger me. You are no better than the ignorant individuals calling you out for the color of your skin.

Whomever in this case was wrong, shame on them, and in the end Karma sees no color and will bite you in the ass when time is right.

Jen

Good grief. Aside from the annoying @ss race card that ALWAYS gets brought into the conversation, I guess all of you have forgotten what you were like when you were 20 years old, right? Especially the women!

20 year old sorority girl, likely goes bar hopping on a regular basis with a FAKE ID, didn't need anyone to supply her alcohol.

Goes clubbing with a star athlete, gets wasted which equals mega blurry drama in a 20 year old female brain, messes around with Big Ben, ends up feeling dirty for it, then her drunk sorority sisters start feeding her a bunch of drama, talk her into a lie that never happened, the story and drama get freakishly out of control and she goes with it because she's too scared to admit he didn't do anything wrong after selling the story her sorority sisters made up for her.

I have seen that kind of drama a million times. I am sure she saw $$ signs for awhile and then realized it wasn't worth it.

tlynn

Just me...put a sock in it - if you can find a clean one! Would you feel better if she were called "trailer trash"? If she were a black girl, I'd call her a typical black girl, if she were asian I'd call her a typical asian! What's your point exactly? And what color are all Tiger's whores? Senator Edwards slut? Monica Lewinsky? 98% of girls gone wild? Heidi Fleiss? Shauna Sands? Pam "diseased" Anderson? Paris Hilton? Who are you to say anything at all! I call it as it is...color is not an issue! Just so happens all these hookers are from the same race - - - and since they are my kind, I can say what I want, it's not like I'm lying!!

B

Justice for Ben! No evidence of a crime, therefore no charges filed. It's a shame they had to waste Ben's time like that. I agree with the poster above who said they should have to sign a waiver because truth be told these athletes have big targets on their backs for false allegations like Ben. These sleep-with-them-now-change-their-minds-later groupies are getting ridiculous. First the girl in Nevada cries assault but then jokes about having his baby? Please. No wonder criminal charges were never filed there either. Ben needs to raise the bar a little bit and stop bottom feeding like this. They'll clean you out just to pay their bills.

Barb

Okay so she fell and hit her head and then you raped her.

Brittany

OMG HATERS LEAVE HIM ALONE GIRLS WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET MONEY AND ATTENTION. OBVIOUSLY I KNOW THIS CUZ I AM A GIRL

ralph

Georgia should upate its laws to prevent under aged students from drinking in bars with adults. They can call it "Ben's Law" since the public still is not permitted to know the name of his accuser.

horty_23

I love the steelers, the first step in fixing this mess was to 86 holmes, it's a done deal, step one accomplished. Step two is trade ben to the raiders for a deal = to that of the cowboys and vikes years ago. He's a disgrace to men everywhere, 3rd time is a charm, and it will be a doosey, ben will get burned again, because he is dumb, and go to PRISON. Grow up dumbass

anon

Wow.. Too many questions left on this one so who bought who off? Scary!

evie

i think it is time to realize what really happened, and i bet most of us been there at least once before.u have young people out to have a good time, drinking,dancing, and sex.so the 2 had consensual sex of some kind. then soon after asked yourself what the heck i do.she knew who ben was and her g/f pushed her into going to police to press charges. after speaking with her parents, she knew she wanted to do what she did with him and it is not ok to try to ruin someone life to make a good life for yourself,so they dropped all charges.i hope they both learned something from this. for ben get married pay a women really well to marry him,so when he does go have sex with random women it will not be assault it will then be affair -like tiger does.and for the a accuser please stop drinking to get drunk before u end up missing like miss Natalie Halloway.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments