Dr. Murray

Lawyers Up

for Wrongful Death Suit

4/13/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Conrad MurrayDr. Conrad Murray is already planning his legal strategy in a Michael Jackson wrongful death case ... TMZ has learned.

Dr. Murray, we're told, has already hired a civil lawyer, Charles Peckham, who handles medical board cases and wrongful death lawsuits.

We've learned Peckham has already been in touch with Dr. Murray's malpractice insurance carrier, and it turns out to be a tricky situation.

Sources connected with Dr. Murray's defense tell TMZ Dr. Murray had a malpractice policy issued in Texas that covered his medical practices in Texas and Nevada.

Here's the rub.  Dr. Murray did not have a medical practice in California, which is a prerequisite for his malpractice coverage.  So Dr. Murray's position is that he first saw  Michael Jackson as a Nevada patient and what he did for him in L.A. was merely an extension of the Nevada treatment.

We've learned the malpractice policy would only cover civil litigation, not criminal.  In the event the doctor is sued for wrongful death -- and Joe Jackson promises that will happen soon -- Murray expects the policy would cover attorney's fees and any judgment.

One source told TMZ, "We fully expect the insurance company would cover such costs."

gimme a break!

Can someone explain to me why Oxman is suspended. I don't know much about him,but he just doesn't seem very credible to me.

Posted at 3:33 AM on Apr 13, 2010 by Lee lee

============================================

he "harmed" a client's case in the past...

it's all in the link i provided... :)

moni

Thanks for the Murray-info, gimme a break. I wasn't sure about that. And I didn't want to offend you yesterday. Convincing somebody is what a good discussion is all about, and I like to hear both sides of a story, even if think different.

gimme a break!

u didnt offend me moni... dont worry... we are cool... :)

L.O.V.E.

moni

Hi Lee lee, I have to underline your words. Still hot in down under?

moni

We are, gimme a break ;)

Lee lee

Hi Moni, Not today...winter is now upon us.....7 seasons in one day at the moment. Never sure to how to dress. And you? Hows things, Has butterfly left for her trip yet?

Lee lee

@ gimme a break, Sorry i missed the earlier link. DOH ! Thanks for the info..makes a very interesting read.

moni

Hi Lee lee, sounds you have what we on this side of the earth call typical "April weather" and experience in spring. We're longing so much for summer here! And no, I don't think Butterfly has already left, it's not such a long trip from where she lives to Berlin, she'll probably just be there over the weekend. I'm very curious what she'll have to tell!
I wish all of you a great day, just could have a short lurk on the board. See ya later!

Lee lee

bye moni. Catch you next time : )

janeaddams

I'm always up for a thoughtful discussion of semantics.

Lisanne

www.thisisalsoit.com
www.thisisalsoit.com
www.thisisalsoit.com
www.thisisalsoit.com

COME ON TMZ!!!

Lisanne

www.thisisalsoit.com www.thisisalsoit.com www.thisisalsoit.com TMZ COME ON!!!!!

Lisanne

www.thisisalsoit.com
www.thisisalsoit.com

www.thisisalsoit.com

TMZ COME ON!!!

Lee lee

Now common janeaddams, you know you not supposed to advertise here. Mr Harvey Levin would be most upset. Lol

Alice(from Romania)

LaToya Jackson: More People Were Involved in Michael's Death

LaToya Jackson, the most vocal of the Jackson family clan, is convinced that brother Michael Jackson's untimely death last year involved more than just one person.

MJ ForEver in My Heart