Police Shootout at 'Lost' Star's Home

5/7/2010 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0507_malcolm_lost_EX_GettyGunfire rang out near the home of "Lost" star Malcolm David Kelley this morning as cops apprehended a person suspected of breaking into his L.A. area pad ... while Malcolm was inside!!!!

TMZ has learned the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. received a call from Malcolm -- who plays Walt on the ABC show -- to report a burglary in progress at the actor's home in Bellflower, CA at 9:28 AM.

Sources close to the investigation tell us the bad guy first attempted to knock on the front door of the house -- and when no one answered, the perp tried to break in through the back.

We're told Malcolm heard the noise and immediately called 911.

When cops arrived to the scene -- we're told the bad guy tried to flee when he heard the sirens. We're told officers fired at least one shot at the suspect outside the home -- but no one was hit.

Eventually, we're told one person was taken into custody -- and is currently being detained.

Cops are still investigating the situation.

TMZ spoke to Malcolm's rep, Dominic Friesen, who tells us, "Malcolm and his family are incredibly grateful that no one was injured during today's incident."

He adds, "While it has been a frightening ordeal, the family is working closely with law enforcement on the case and applaud their quick response and efforts."

D-

I WANT MY SON!

Pam

Same thing happened to me - minus the gun shots + the dude was beyond wasted + 2 feet of snow outside = dude was sent to 7 years got out in 4 (living next to me again)

mama

This guy is my neighbor!!!! Holy Geeeezzz! I had no idea!! They had the whole street closed down with crime scene tape all day!!!! Thanks, of all people, TMZ, for letting me know what the hell was happening in my neighborhood!!!!!

mama

this guys my neighbor and i had no idea!!!! They had the whole street blocked off all day, like it was a crime scene!!!! Thanks of all people TMZ for letting me know what the hell happened in my neighborhood today!!!!!

zippy

hahahaah yeah right, bell flower? haha probably one of his ho's or one of his homeies,, thoughthe lived in compton/ close enough i guess, shame he has to wreck a nieghourhood

Lindsey

Goodyear called, they want their giant tires back.

THE SHEENY MAN

He never wore a hat like that on Lost...
WALT! Where is he!!! WALT!
Where's my son!!!!!!
Walt!!!!!!!!
Cool Helmet!

THE SHEENY MAN

Lindsey I love U!

janalal4

My Lord this boy sure grew up fast! I always wondered why they just seemed to drop that whole story line. Have a feeling there's going to be a few MORE unanswered questions by the end of this season. Anyway, he's a very handsome boy! Be fightin' off the ladies daily:)

brian

It's a shame so much closet hate for people of color. i love the way you hide behind your p.c.

Missy

Pretty scary when people have the nerve to rob you in daylight! God Bless this horrible world!

London Search Engine Optimization

Thanks for an insightful post.I never come across such a lovely post which is very well written.Thank you very much for the information.Keep posting cont...
London Search Engine Optimization

Emily

Too bad the cops didn't shoot the thief dead because we don't need useless trash like that.

Chad

Pretty messed up that he still lives in the ghetto (just east of Compton).

kimla310

Are all the racist comments necessary? You losers are so brave behind a computer screen...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments