The Next 'Jersey Shore' -- Rednecks Wanted

6/9/2010 4:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The masterminds behind "Jersey Shore" are looking for a new stereotype for a new reality show -- keg tappin', mud ridin', Skynyrd lovin', God fearin', honky tonkin' Southern folk.

0608-jersey-south-ex_02

TMZ has learned Doron Ofir Casting is looking for "12 lucky guys and gals who are keepin' it country and want to party their asses off" to star in a new reality show called "Party Down South."

According to DOC, there will be a casting RV that'll slow ride through Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennesse, Kentucky and West Virginia -- and hopefully land a crop of rednecks wild enough to make "Jersey Shore" look like "Hey Dude."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Lisa

Wow. Is it sad I would watch this show? I'm sure they will cast only the finest white trash.

lap123

Please Please NO!

brainegal

May I suggest they stop that RV in Starkville or Jackson Mississippi. Or check at any lake or reservoir along the way. I have no doubt that they will find exactly what they are looking for and they will be shocked when they see where they actually live.

Larizza

steve

don't get redneck confused with with white trash. that being said, a true blue redneck wont do a show like that. so anything you see would be a knock off and white trash. Just like the current show, they are Italian but not typical Italians, true Italians wouldn't do that show either, that's why they went to the dump to find the cast

d33

That one will b a riot!! What..? They're good people too!

Dondee

You left out Georgia....and by the way, it is spelled....TENNESSEE....geeze!

Jamaican sam

"sickest reality show.." You got that right. I urge a boycott.

WHITEOUT

SOUNDS GREAT LOL TRUE REALITY FOR SURE

anna

heyyy yins forgot Missouri dang nabit!!

electriczipper

4. Can't believe they're coming down over here to West Virginia, how embarrassing !! **Cringe**

Posted at 2:55 AM on Jun 9, 2010 by Larizza

ha!!! you would think west virginia would be there first stop..all they have in that state are in-breds and hillbillys,when they have a family reunion in west virginia you never know who is going to show up..

b.mclane

I am so sick of the Southern trash talk. You idiots always imply if you live below the Mason/Dixon line you have no teeth, kiss your cousin and eat road kill. I guess that is why all the Yankees are flooding our cities??? Remember, manners are a Southern tradition along with being a lady who keeps her clothes on and knowing how to hold your liquor. If they cast this they will find only odd balls to do it just as every community has. BTW: Southern States ARE God loving which you elites could stand a good dose of and we ain't broke like NY and California who seem to think they are so much more evolved. I don't even need to lock my doors....can you say that? Keep your high rises,your concrete, overcrowded cities,$10 martinis, 12 lanes of grid lock and your SNOTTY attitude. I will stay with my low taxes,loving community, huge green yard and nice house.

Ed

Hey they need to throw in Texas , where have more redneck country and western singers an songs come from. Heck we even have our on Texas Special made trucks by Ford,Chevrolet an Dodge.
Try areas around Brookshire,Katy,San Felipe,Bellville. An O yes lots of us still do live in trailers houses.

lawntamersinc

Now THERE'S an idea ! I would definitely watch because Southerners ARE a cut above the rest...

CG

To #14, you're an ass and should be ashamed of yourself. I'm sure you don't have the balls to say that to our face.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments