The Next 'Jersey Shore' -- Rednecks Wanted

6/9/2010 4:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The masterminds behind "Jersey Shore" are looking for a new stereotype for a new reality show -- keg tappin', mud ridin', Skynyrd lovin', God fearin', honky tonkin' Southern folk.

0608-jersey-south-ex_02

TMZ has learned Doron Ofir Casting is looking for "12 lucky guys and gals who are keepin' it country and want to party their asses off" to star in a new reality show called "Party Down South."

According to DOC, there will be a casting RV that'll slow ride through Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennesse, Kentucky and West Virginia -- and hopefully land a crop of rednecks wild enough to make "Jersey Shore" look like "Hey Dude."

Heather

What a stupid name

CG

Sorry, I meant # 11....guess I can't read numbers right, either.

bbc

"Sickest"? I didn't realize that term was used by hillbillies or rednecks.

Surely someone here can propose a more appropriate phrase?

ERock

What? No Georgia or the Carolinas? I'm insulted.

Kelly

Wow! I live in Alabama and I'm surrounded by ALOT of Bible thumpers that drive across state lines daily to gamble!!

I would suggest ANYWHERE near water!! They LOVE to catch fish (catfish mainly) BY HAND, think they call it scrambling or something. It's on you tube. Now it's illegal here!! Ya, that bad!!

Those people live in the woods and are the epitome of a redncek, no shoes, mullets, no teeth, cut off levi's, civil war t-shirts. !!

Their flags are flying high!!

chaz

"Redneck?" I've seen more actual rednecks in NY and NJ than in Tennessee! A previous post reffered to snotty attitudes in northern cities. From experience, I don't believe those people are snotty, but I do believe they are shy because they lack any semblance of people skills. I don't blame them though because it's all they know. Their parents and other ancestors were also completely devoid of manners and people skills.
Ride your trains, busses, taxi's, pay your high property taxes, drive your cars at an average speed of 1 3/4 mph during rush, never know your neighbors, never say(and mean it)good morning, never look ANYONE in the eye and say, "How are you!" Yep, don't do any of the aforementioned things and still tell me you are sophisticated! I THINK NOT!!

Kelly

True, down here we sit in rockers or swings on the porch after dinner and watch our children catch lightning bugs n stuff. Exactly what I did last night anyway. Neighbors all wave, stop by and chat.

I have mountains around me, beaches a little further South, the best view ima****ble. The weather is great. Don't think I'd want to live anywhere else.

For the most part, Southerners don't forget where they came from...
unless you're Courtney Cox!!

Kelly

I say the theme song should be kid Rock's version of Sweet Home Alabama!!

chaz

There is no-one, and I mean no-one, any LESS sophisticated than New Yorker's. Out of 8,200,000 residents, a good guess is, 7,901,263 of them have NEVER been out of their own neighborhoods.
For the most part, "y'all" ain't exactly "right."
I mean "right," as in "tetched," not right in the head, low IQ, just plain stupid, etc!

Kelly

I never said "yall"....U did!!

Uneducated, rude Yankee!

Kelly

I just said that the South is a great place to live!

U start bashing it.

Ur parents could have conceived ur yankee a** watching the sunset down South!!

chaz

Have you EVER heard of anyone retiring to the NORTH?
Didn't think so!!!

Elizabeth

What? No Georgia??? Y'all know that some crazy stuff happens here!!

Kelly

Have u heard of Marshall Space Flight?? Ummm, Space and Rocket Center, Ummm, NASA, Lockheed Martin, Von Braun Center, Redstone Arsenal, shall I keep going??

Some of us 'retire" from excellent jobs!
We don't just watch the space shuttle honey, we helped put it into flight!

anna