« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vince Young to God: Don't Let Them Bench Me!

6/14/2010 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0613_vince_young_getty_bnTennessee Titans QB Vince Young has officially apologized to his teammates for that whole strip club fight, noting that he's praying to God ... not for forgiveness ... but in the hopes that the NFL Commish won't "come down hard" on him.

After practice today, Young said, "I just made a mistake, I made a mistake even being there and I let that guy provoke me into doing what I did ... I pray to God that Roger Goodell doesn't come down hard on me, because I definitely want to be here for my teammates."

As we previously reported, Young was cited for misdemeanor assault after punching some dude at a Dallas strip club early Sunday morning.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Da TaxMan

The Commish most definately needs to come down VER HARD! All this foolishness by celebs, sport atheltes NEEDS TO STOP!! The public & fans are fed-up w/their stupid behavior
Roger Goodell, take a lesson from Judge Marsh Revel & show them they need to take accountability just like the rest of us & NO MORE SPECIAL FAVORS !!

electriczipper

he needs to be suspended for 4 games and then add 2 more because he wont man up and say it was his fault,,why do these losers always blame the other guy..when I screw up..which is very rare..I say hey I screwed up and it was my fault..obviously these clowns cant do that...commish throw the book at the loser

Darlene

Hes human for petes sake!

whocares

DUMBASS WHY DIDN'T U REALIZE THE AFTERMATH OF UR IGNORANCE. NO MORE KISS ASS OF OVERPAID SPORT WANNBEES. GETTA LIFE DUDE !!!

Horndog

Show some respect - it's not a strip club, it's a "Gentleman's Club"

Joe

Hook 'em horns. Now sit out 4 weeks smarty.

wifey2larry

Man VY is UGLY and stupid! Us Titan fans don't want or need another Adam "Pac man" Jone! I say kick his azz out! Go Tennessee Titans!!!

budweediii

I saw ban him 2 games.. show these priledged idiots they arn't above it. If they don't like it , let them work regular 9-5 jobs, and see how good they had. Give these *******s a mile and they want a more.

Big Mamma Cornbread

twins..you look like a black homer simpson..ha..ha..ha..

wifey2larry

Dang Big mamma cornbread, he DOES look like a black Home Simpson... lol

James

Why in hell to these NFL players always seem to be in strip bars at 3:00 AM, itching to get into trouble with someone? Why don't they use their brains and go home to bed for God's sake? Or must they feel the need for more adulation from fellow drunks in seedy parts of town. . unbelievable. . .

RenaP

doesn't he realize that God has so much more to worry about than what kind of punishment some jack-a$$ football player is going to receive fromt he NFL. the fight in the news made him look like such an *******. Now his comment makes him look like an even bigger *******!

beachkid

What with these football players? Special entitlements? Good grief, NO!

kawika

You can stop Whining. Your going down for at least 2-4 games.
They always cry After the fact.
He finally gets his chance to come back & he BLOWS it.
Sit down with Ben for a few weeks.
Hasta LaVista Super Bowl Tennesse !!!!!
I like the part, " OH, I shouldn't have been out at 3:30 A.M.
at a Strip Joint."
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Thats a Good One...
Ta Ta

MP

Typical behavior for the ThugFL. Maybe if they made examples out of every player who broke the law the rest of the players would wise up.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments