Taylor Swift -- High & Waisted

6/21/2010 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Wearing her grandmother's high-waisted 1950's two-piece polka dot bikini, country sensation Taylor Swift attempted to tan her ivory skin on the beach in the Bahamas this weekend.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0

The 20-year-old is very mature for her age.

Greg

Perhaps Miley should take a clue from Taylor.

Vhw2867@Yahoo.com

The whole thing is a joke

ChorizoSupreme

Good for her, but I have to say that the underwear looks like something a weight-lifter would wear to protect himself from a getting a hernia.

Aitch

I love this style! It is different than the usual string thong bikini.
Showing less skin and body parts is daring these days. Did you know that Miley?

Luke

I love TSWIFT but the girl in the purple is definitely SOOOO much sexier i wish i could get her number! she should be the one dodging the paparazzi not swift maybe this will make her famous now and get her on the cover of a magazine. she's probably a really super awesome cheerleader!!

Melissa

This is why I think so highly of Taylor Swift.

NZmuma

She is absolutely awesome!
this is why my daughter loves her and her music.

As for Miley...she will be in rehab before she hits 25 guarrantee it.

Taylor will have cute babies rocking the stage and loving life and living....probably doing the whole Angelina thing with people overseas in need of help.

Ellen D had it right that Taylor was a gift to this earth...such a beautiful person

Marilyn

It's called retro people. Her suit is very "in" right now. She looks great. She is who I want my daughter to look up to.

That girl in the back comes a dime a dozen.....orange skin in skimpy bikini.

My New Name

Taylor looks adorable in this bathing suit. The suit is cute and she is cute in it.

I love it that Taylor resists temptations to take the easy route and do what is expected. I love it that she does her own thing. I have so much respect for her and not just for her modesty in a bathing suit.

Taylor is a class act. She proves it at every turn.

Erin

I have seen a picture of her in a regular bikini. She looked great in that, too. She is a trend setter---I will bet a lot of those suits are going to be sold in the next few weeks.

YamiraNicole

Thats how long my grandma wears her underwear. Its quite funny!

Mary

That girl in the background is marissa, she goes to my school!! thats crazy

Mary

OH MY GOD..the girl in the back is my friend Marissa K!!!!!!!!!!

N123

I thinnk she realy looks nice. But i would like to see her in a real bikini for once since she's got a great body. She still looks hot though.

myrna tyrna

You know what? Maybe she just wants to go to the beach, and she's not dressing for the paps. The "look at me" desperate bimbos out there get themselves all costumed up just to get a cup of coffee...I mean, who wears platform pumps to go to Whole Foods? Here's a girl who just wants to be on the beach without having to cater to the bottomfeeders.