Dr. Conrad Murray: The Strip Club Story is BS

6/23/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A rep for Dr. Conrad Murray's defense team tells TMZ Joe Jackson's lawyer is flat-out wrong when he claims Dr. Murray was drinking at a strip club hours before Michael Jackson died.

0622_murray_strip_club_EXy

TMZ broke the story ... Joe Jackson's lawyer, Brian Oxman, has served Murray with legal papers as a prelude to a wrongful death lawsuit.  In those papers, Oxman claims Dr. Murray was at Sam's Hofbrau -- a strip club -- on June 25, 2009, prior to treating Jackson.

The rep for the defense team tells TMZ Dr. Murray was not at a strip club when Oxman claims, nor was he there the night before.  As the rep put it, "In the weeks before Michael died, Murray barely had time to take a shower."

The rep also says Oxman got it wrong when he claimed Dr. Murray was drinking, because "He does not drink."

As for whether Murray has ever frequented the club, the rep did not know one way or the other.  But one of the waitresses at the club tells TMZ Dr. Murray was at the club sometime in June of last year.  A stripper who works at the club tells TMZ she vividly remembers the night before Michael died because she's a big MJ fan, and says, "It was dead that night.  Dr. Murray definitely was not there."

The club's owner tells TMZ ... at least twice in the last 6 months, a private investigator came to the club and asked various employees a bunch of questions about Murray and if they remembered seeing him at the club.

Interesting note -- we're told Quentin Tarantino liked Sam's Hofbrau so much, he used it in the movie,  "Jackie Brown."

get a life ho

How could the doctor have been there drinking for hours before MJ dying when MJ died around 12pm and the place doesnt even open until
11am .,.,impossible .,.

joes quite full of it here ..,,.

nisiek

Sam's is a dump!! In the heart of skid row....I went there with a friend who wanted to audition as a stripper, and all the women there were ghetto fabulous....but I knew someone who made bank there and she was a short mexican with humongous fake boobs, but all the mexican construction workers that came there loved her! Me thinks doctors and such would prefer Sunset STrip type strip clubs...unless they have a taste for skanks.

Grump

Why is everyone complaining about the place being some dump, Murray barely had f'kn gas money, his car was his under his siter's name, he couldn't pay for child support, his house is up for foreclosure.. Stop making this Murray out to be a freakin' high roller, this DORK couldn't even shower.

Grump

OOps.. meant sister> sorry for typo. :/

Tellit

Most topless clubs are dumps. A classy one is an exception not the rule.
So what if Murray spent some time in one. Big deal. Met his wife in one. Big deal. Just because you work in one doesn't make you a skank. I know girls who've worked their way through college working in them. Graduated with no student loans to repay. And they and plenty others are drug free productive citizens.
Joe Jackson lives in them nearly every friggin night of his life.
What a joke. The Jacksons trying to bring people down to their calibre.

Cheryl

I applaud Joe. He is the only one in the family taking steps to make Murray responsible for killing his son.

Do you see the brothers getting together to take action against Murray? No, they are too scared someone will take them out.

You go Joe. Do what you have to do to get justice for Michael.
We all know Murray is going to walk, just like OJ did.

Daphne

Is someone promoting Murray at TMZ or what? I believe so. And this isn't the first time either. They do it until people call them out on it and than they move it.

rip mj

Posted at 3:59 AM on Jun 23, 2010 by kim

Hi, Kim. How's the game? I agree with the above comment. BTW, the other topic about D.R. & M.S. going to Tokyo, do they have the right to show those MJ's videos, come to think of it, I'm not sure. Wonder if they need the estates approval. Hmmmmmmm. Maybe not. Geez, all these people, they sued each other, left, right & centre, now they can't help but make $$$ off of MJ. Disgusting to say the least. With all those $$$ they made, I hope they could afford to fly Business/First Class, I don't think they could fit into Economy. Have a nice day, Kim. Talk to u later.

Josh

Joe jackson you greedy, greedy man. You are living off the estate of MJ, upset that you did not get any money when your son died. I honestly don't think Joe cares that his son died just worried where his next paycheck is coming from. This is all about "money"

Cheryl

34. To Bunny: Thank you so much for sharing the link you provided. This speech by Michael in 2001 at Oxford was moving and inspirational. This is what is in Michael's heart. He did forgive his father after many tortured years.

I believe Joe is doing his best to bring justice for his son. It takes GUTS to stand up to AEG and those who murdered Michael and Joe is the one to do it.

I will post your link Bunny if you dont mind to encourage others to see your blog and view the Oxford speech by Michael.

Trish

@Tellit Good post! I too have known strippers over the years and have partied with friends in those joints. Most of the girls have kids and are good parents. Some are into drugs. Some just fly in for the weekends to make bank and go back home. A couple of years ago, my husband and I went to closing day at a popular strip club. My husband had money to give her and she put his face in her rack. When she was done, I asked him how it was. He said it smelled like another mans cologne. I couldn't stop laughing. Our whole party was cracking up. I've only been in those places about 6 times, but they were a lot of laughs. They also have pool tables and dart boards in those places.

Mimi

51. YES MICHAEL JACKSON FANS DESTROY CA IF MURRAY WALKS! I'M COMING FROM ARIOZNA AND WILL SHOOT THE PIECE OF **** MYSELF IF GIVEN HALF A CHANCE! READ THE DOCS - THIS PIG HAS TO DIE AND I'M TIRED OF TMZ TAKING HIS SIDE. THAT UGLY MASSIVE NOSTRIL PIG JUST SMILED LIKE HE WAS A CELEBRITY WHILE GETTING HIS HAIR CUT. WHY HASN'T SOMEONE THROWN ROCKS AT HIM OR DRINKS ON HIM? IF I WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE AND SAW THAT LOSER SITTING GETTING HIS HAIR CUT I WOULD HAVE HURT HIM! MURRAY HAS TO DIE - NOT JUST FOR KILLING MICHAEL BUT BEING SUCH A PIECE OF **** HE IS NOT EVEN SORRY FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE!!!!!!! DIE PIG DIE
Posted at 5:10 AM on Jun 23, 2010 by pam

Pam, I certainly hope that you do not have the intention of leaving Arizona for California with a gun to shoot Conrad Murray. If you do travel there and approach Conrad Murray with the intent of harming him, you will be arrested for assault. Think about what you are saying here. And if you are calling the citizens of California to destroy CA, then you are in effect calling for a riot. The courts will determine his fate that is if he is found guilty by a jury of his peers and it won’t be death. And he does not deserve to die as you say because he is a piece of s*it. I am not condoning what he did, leaving his patient while under anesthetic via IV drip with a drug that should only be used in a hospital setting.
I loved Michael just as much as the rest of his fans and am devastated at his death but remember what Michael stood for….Peace and Love.

TMZ is just gossip site but your comments can and may well be taken seriously by law enforcement. No doubt he will more than likely have guards around him when he is in public before, during and after his trial. His attorneys will make sure he is protected by any means necessary.

It would also be much better if you wouldn’t yell in your posts by using all CAPS. I know it shows your anger but please be sensible about what you say here.

Siggisis

48. 35. On TMZ live the other day, Harvey and his offsider were really pushing the 'Murray looks like a nice, innocent guy' routine.
Would you believe such b.s.?
Now they're putting up all these pro-Murray stories. What's going on Harvey? Is it true that Anschutz owner of AEG also owns TMZ?
The media spent years stirring up hate against Michael, now they've switched to his father. I know Joe isn't everyone's cup of tea but read this excellent blog which gives an interesting background to Joe, Katherine and the family, and ask yourselves why the media's sudden interest in Joe. Maybe he's getting too close to the truth?

Posted at 10:20 PM on Jun 22, 2010 by bunny

I find this strange also Bunny. When the story first came out about Murray giving him this lethal injection, both Harvey and Mike said on Tmz live that Murray was a bad doctor, bad guy, etc. and they would not let him near them as their doctor etc. Now they are painting him in a good light? Seems odd don't it?

Also, has any noticed that this story is older than the ones below it but still gets the top spot?

rip mj

Posted at 3:59 AM on Jun 23, 2010 by kim

It is clear as day that TMZ is promoting this positive image of Murray.
I can´t see any other reason for it than they are being paid. We can all guess by whom.
I feel increasingly bad about this perpetual glorification of a killer. There is something very, very wrong going on here.

@FindAGrave

Too much drama for me.

Leave a note and flowers for Michael here: http://bit.ly/9iFCWt

Michael deserved better!

mary

TMZ,are you being paid to be
part of Murray's defence?
Sure seems like it.
Murray didn't go to this club
that night, you're right. It
was another classier one. Get
your facts.
There'll be a mass exodus from
TMZ once the trial is over.
MJ fans have long memories.

D

WIth all do respect, although I think Dr. Murray should be somewhat held accountable for his actions (treating someone with a leathal drug in an improper setting -- not a hospital)...I don't think he had any malicious intent here...regardless, you must consider the source(s)...Joe Jackson and his puppet Brian Oxman? This is obviously an attempt to collect as much money as possible from Murray (who is broke) and AEG. Joe Jackson will stop at nothing to get some kind of payout from MJ's death, espeically since Michael purposely left him out of his will!

I think MJ's kids should have very little or NO contact with Joe Jackson and Katherine needs to grow some balls and stand up to the bastard once and for all!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments