'Bueller' Star Busted

Irresponsible Sex Offender

6/30/2010 7:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

When Jeffrey Jones -- the guy who played Principal Rooney in "Ferris Bueller" -- turned 63 last September, he forgot one very important birthday ritual ... updating his sex offender registration.

062810_jeff_jones_3_bn_getty
As you may know, back in 2003 Jones pled no contest to paying a minor for the purpose of taking sexually explicit photos ... and was required to register annually as a sex offender.

But according to the L.A. County District Attorney's Office, Jones blew off the requirement back in September ... a big no-no with officials. In fact, it's a felony.

Last Wednesday, cops finally caught up with the actor and arrested him. He was later freed on $20,000 bail.

If convicted, Jones faces up to three years in state prison.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

jlin

now i kno y ferris didnt wanna go to skool

n

What a PATHETIC, first class piece of SH^t that guy is.

He needs to go to prison for failing to register as the s***my sex offender that he is !
It's such bull sh^t that he just happened to forget to do so !

Mr. Bate

If he jumps bail, he'll head straight for Pattaya.

Mike

White guys like boys period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderate

Way to say it #36 about a man vs a woman. A woman can do anything sexually and get away with it 100%. As a male, I have been chased around the desk all my life and no one did a thing about it - I know how it feels. People do not understand this God awful sex offenders list. It includes anything from urinating to total sexual abuse and rape - how ridiculous to include such minor implications in such a serious and disgusting list anyway. Admit it or not, but one way or another, our wonderful government will have us all criminals within the next 10 years - mark my word and by all means continue to ignore what has happened to us.

Sara

I don't care, he's still a great actor...and darn sexy!!!

johndpieper

I found this story after my partner used my computer. I have an honest question. I get "star struck" over people in history or science. I don't understand the obsession so many people have for people who are on TV or movies? Harvey and the others who founded TMZ don't care WHY people have the obsession, they just want to exploit your loyalty to sell ad space and make a profit. These TV and movie actors haven't made any significant contributions to mankind. They are just tools to make people wealthy by selling tickets and licensed merchandise. I'm not being rude. I promise. I just don't understand peoples' obsessions over the wealthy or TV/Movie actors. Can someone nicely tell me why this is the case? Thank you so much in advance.

SUZI SCHOR

I was in court in 2003 when he was arraigned and he behaved like a jerk, even before Judge Marcus. I hope he hits the "gray-bar hotel", although his initial crime is also an illness, because when you are court-ordered to register as a sex offender, you best do it. If you live somewhere near a school, church, etc., and have "forgotten" to register, no one can protect their children. Shame on you! Get help for the problem and a calendar for your dementia!!!

Marty G

Regardless of his proclivities I did enjoy Jefferey Jones as "Dr. Jennings" in 'Howard the Duck'.. But now I find myself wondering if he possibly should be investigated for bestiality as well. ??? Hmmmmm.......

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5