Mel Seeks Fatherly Guidance

in Baby Mama Drama

7/1/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson has finally broken his silence about his allegedly violent relationship with baby mama Oksana Grigorieva -- but the man who got the exclusive swore to God he wouldn't blab ... 'cause he's a Reverend.

0630_mel_gibson_confessional_EX
TMZ has learned Mel has been opening up to Reverend Clement Procopio -- the man in charge of the actor's mega-church in Agoura Hills, CA.

When we asked Rev. Procopio if he's offered any advice to Mel, he simply responded, "Of course, I gave him lots of words of wisdom.  I am his confessor."

Obviously, the Reverend wouldn't get into specifics -- but it's clear, Mel's religious advisors could play as big of a role in this case as his lawyers.

Kitten

Perhaps he should have sought religious advise before knocking up his baby mama while he was still married to his wife... Hypocritical a-hole.

Googie

The Reverend Clement Procopio was defrocked by the Roman Catholic Church.

Darlene

*shaking head*

DANA

Im starting also to realise TMZ stuff is full of jewish people.

Bubba

Wow! Another great picture featuring Gibson's head. I already printed multiple copies. His head appears quite small on this picture so it will be more difficult to pop bullets through his eyes. And did I mention the little black dot I put between his eyes?
Guess it takes me a couple of shots to hit these targets.
But thanks TMZ for this picture.

electriczipper

Rev Procopio was later heard to say.."yes, Mel is the best sex I have ever had",and "boy have I had a lot"..Mel had no comment...

Fred Farkel

Mel??

Just time out for 30 seconds here.

JUST HOW WOULD SOME MAN WHO IS COMPLETELY INEXPERIENCED WITH WOMEN, CHILDREN, FAMILY LIFE IN THE YEAR 2010 - GIVE ANYONE ADVICE ON HOW TO SURVIVE THIS DILEMMA AND MOVE FORWARD??

Mel?

People of your faith believe that there's a man that floats around in the clouds, has a clipboard with the names of 12 million people here on earth, walks on water, rose from the dead - is all loving and all forgiving... YET HE WILL THROW YOUR A$$ INTO HELL BECAUSE YOU HAVE MADE SOME POOR CHOICES??

Melvin.

Come on man.

Your all loving and all forgiving savior sounds like he's kind of a mean spitited SOB.

Go ring the doorbell of some random neighbor who has been married and talk to him.

DANA

bollocks

Preserve the Tiger

The only one he should confess his sins to is Our Heavenly Father; not a Reverend on Earth. I somewhat understand the Catholic faith, just a tad, and not to be critical but they confess to an earthly being. To each their own; each faith is different but read the King James Version of the Bible!

Pat

TMZ your new format sucks, the comments section is hard on the eyes and what is with all the photoshopped pics?

Preserve the Tiger

Is Oksana a US Citizen or does she just have a Green Card to screw Americans? Another person wanting something for nothing. Well, I guess that's not totally true; she spread her legs for money, which speaks highly about her lack of morals! Send her back to Russia! She can play the piano but she cannot sing; I've heard people calling hogs that sounded better than her!

Sue

He should have been MORE anti-semetic. He wouldn't have fallen into that Russian whore's trap.

Preserve the Tiger

To #13 "Sweetheart" ~ I DO NOT HATE MEL GIBSON. REPEAT, I DO NOT HATE MEL GIBSON; NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL! I feel he is only human and makes mistakes just like the rest of us. Unfortunately, he's being tried by everyone who, just like him, puts their pants on one leg at a time; being tried by those who DO NOT have a right to judge! I am saddened that so many people are incapable of forgiving, and that they literally hate Mel. Those are the ones going to Hell because you cannot get into Heaven with hate in your heart. If he asks forgiveness from Our Heavenly Father, the ONE AND ONLY TRUE JUDGE, he will receive forgiveness and his sins erased! We're not as fortunate as Mel; his sins and mistakes are made public. I wonder how we would feel if our sins and mistakes were made public? Would you want everyone judging your imperfections? Think about it before you judge someone else!

Am I mistaken that Jews hate Mel for his comments? Hate is hate, regardless of the hater!

Jesus Christ was crucified on the cross because of hate! Hatred has existed way too long, and if there was less hatred, we wouldn't be at war! Why does the human race carry on such a horrific habit as hate; generation to generation! Old habits seem impossible to break!

Dana

How is Mel Gibson not excommunicated? There's nothing wrong with the Tridentine Mass (actually it is quite beautiful) but Mel Gibson and that banished priest seem to go way overboard on the anti-Vatican II beliefs. The priest isn't even diocesan clergy in Archdiocese of LA, is he?

Fan

Hey Mel, how many sins do you need to confess? Must be a lot, since you built YOUR OWN CHURCH to confess them in. Your own reverend on the payroll? Priceless.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments