Sheriff's Department Child Abuse Detective in Court

7/15/2010 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

One of the detectives who just showed up at the Mel Gibson/Oksana Grigorieva hearing just said he's there for one purpose -- investigating alleged child abuse.

0708_mel_gibson_oksana_BN

Detective Dan Scott, who works for the L.A. County Sheriff's Department Special Victims Bureau, just told a TMZ producer in the courtroom hallway, "We investigate child abuse."

Detective Scott is in the hallway with 2 other detectives, waiting to enter the courtroom.

DV

This woman is vicious. She is bound and determined to win at all costs.

Rose

This just gets crazier and crazier.

Klipper

Wow. More Mel Gibson news. How exciting and new.

Katie

Mr. Mel Gibson appears to exhibit more than 5 attributes required for narcissistic disorder; and, I believe we are witnessing narcissistic-rage.

Does anyone remember when Mr. Gibson punched the old-man at the Disney World Park? Gibson said on TV that the old-man touch his son's top-of-head. That incident took place some 15+ years ago. When I heard it, I remember thinking that that is what old-people do; it was not molestation.

Kate

Trish

I wonder if Mel hit the 12 year old. He is one out of control man.

lagirl

She DIDN'T protect her children. Neither one of them will get custody. She is just as guilty as harming those poor innocent kids.

Chase

A true class act. ThatsMel.com is hillarious.

Squeaky Shoes

wow really? what percentage of celebrities has NOT spazzed out or taken a swing at people... *cough*Christian Bale*cough*

I still find it hard to believe that in January the month of the "alleged attack" she goes and tells her dentist, but 6 months later she freaks out? come on!

meemee2

I agree that she did not protect her children, but she should not have had to. She had to wait to tape his rage to prove that she had something to fear. Nobody would believe her against him. He has the money and the power. He is a holier than thou lunatic and will now put himself into rehab to purge his filthy personality disorder.

Gene

The only person who would be looked at for Child abuse would be Oksana at this point. With all these allegations of hers that back 6 months ago Mel hit her while she was holding an infant, and her not calling Police or filing a Police report at the time of incident; these would be constituted as Child endangerment on her part. Her allegations are just that. Until those tapes are authenticated, and proof is established, all she has going for her is her allegations, but they potentially will backfire, because Children's services will question why she allowed all this to go unreported for 6 months. The legal authorities will also question this time lapse on her part.

Squeaky Shoes

oh and by the way... the idiot dentist released his own statement saying he offered Oksana a place to stay... how that dentist's story has NOT been thrown out yet is beyond me... or maybe now she's realizing she screwed herself with that guy's story and is gunning for child abuse... what's next?

oh I know! she'll accuse him of having a meth lab in his basement!!

Louis

Man...this is sad all around. From the moment I heard Mel was dropped from his agency here in L.A. I was like "Man, it'll be a miracle if he comes out of this with any form of a career left..."

Fred Farkel

Oh for crying out loud.

Mel this, Mel that, Mel mel mel... whatever.

Before I kicked my ex-wife out - with all of HER BS allegations... I told her that I wanted her permisson to install audio and video cameras all over our home to (someday??) do***ent exactly WHAT THE TRUTH WAS in our home.

Funny.

Her immediate response with no time to think it over???

"I WILL NOT ALLOW THAT."

"Yeah. Whatever you say dear. Can't imagine why you don't want "proof" of MY misdeeds..."

electriczipper

mel will be spending some time in the big house

so what are the jacksons up too..hint hint

Fred Farkel

OK now that's weird.

TMZ is editing the word D O C U M E N T ???

Whatever.