Sara Evans' Ex -- I'm Not Possessed by Satan!

7/15/2010 4:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sara Evans' ex-hubby Craig Schelske is on the defensive after the country singer's new man accused him of being possessed by Satan -- claiming it's all part of a smear campaign to turn his own kids against him.

0714_evans_launch_ex
Schelske (left) filed legal docs in Tennessee recently ... asking a court to modify his 2007 child custody agreement with Evans, and it has a lot to do with the country singer's new dude Jay Barker (right).

In the docs, Schelske claims Barker -- a former NFL player -- has been sending harassing text messages, like: "Satan is controlling your thoughts and actions. You are what Jesus stood against ... The things I have seen with my own mind is a man possessed by Satan ... Away from us Satan!!!"

Schelske also claims in the papers that Evans and Barker have been berating and criticizing him in front of their 3 kids.

Schelske wants the court to give him physical custody of his kids for 6 months at a time -- and to stop Evans and Barker from trashing him in front of them. Evans' reps couldn't be reached for comment.

o rly

Seems like this "back and forth" has been going on for 4 years if you look at the previous TMZ stories: http://www.tmz.com/person/sara-evans/

Auburn

I know Craig and he is an amazing father and person. He has had to deal with a tremendous amount of vicious slander from Sara's initial divorce filing and much more. Sara and her divorce attorneys have admitted to the Courts that they lied about Craig to gain control of the couple's children and to keep Sara's "wholesome" image intact. Sara and her attorneys have paid out over $500,000 to nanny Allison for making false statements concerning her and Craig. Currently, Craig has a impending lawsuit against Sara's divorce attorney for defamation. The attacks that Sara and Jay have waged against Craig, in an attempt to eliminate him as HIS own children's father has been disgusting and cruel. It's their attempt to maintain control of the children. Come on Jay, texting an exorcism that sounds crazy to me!!!!

schmuck

Sara and her new man sound like a perfect fit. They both give me the creeps. Schelske should get a restraining order against this loon. Personally, if a guy said I was possessed by satan, I think I'd knock his teeth out.

Auburn

Jay Barker is CRAZY! I wouldn't want him around my kids!!

Horndog

Who?

Superman

Gee, Barker, you should be telling that Satan stuff to Sara Evans, the slut you're banging. Barker, how about removing that huge plank out of your eye before removing the splinter out of his eye? As I recall, the reason for the divorce was because Sara couldn't keep her legs closed. And apparently, Barker, you're another notch on her bedpost.

daytripper

Boy...she sure knows how to pick em!

Anne

Seems like they are all crazy. I do however give the king crazy award to Jay Barker with all his religous rants. People like that scare the crap out of me.

Deb

There has to be a country song in this somewhere...

Anne

After reading the do***ents I woud suggest that all the children involved be put in protective custody away from these raving lunatics. Sarah sure knows how to pick em.

Bob Barker

Wow, it sounds like Jay is trying to beat up on Sara's ex this time instead of slapping around his ex wife. Tennis anyone?

RollTide24/7/365

Rrrrrrrrrolllllllll Tide Roll!

david

I know Jeff Miller, Craig's attorney, he is a serious person and any case he takes...I feel sorry for the other side. I also know that Sara in a deposition admitted that the charges she and her attoneys made against Craig were false. She has promised him for years to come out and tell the truth. I hear a flushing sound,,,,,,Sara thats your career going down the toilet. The truth is about to come out.

alabama

**** Auburn

CaptainKierkegaard

Can this be the Jay Barker we hear on local radio in Birmingham? One of these 3 or more is psycho. Kids make parents psycho in divorce cases, these ain't Jay's kids.."The poawer of Christ compels you" was the quote from the movie The Exorcist, maybe Jay should text that to his rival and all will be well. Jay seems like a smart fellow, but texting this stuff is insane as he should know it will be made public.Please Jay, say it ain't so!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments