Lindsay Lohan

Thinks Jail

Isn't a Done Deal

7/19/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robert Shapiro can work wonders -- he was part of the team that got O.J. Simpson off -- but sources in the crazy world of Lindsay Lohan say he has not convinced her that she must surrender to a jail sentence.

0905_Lindsay_Lohan_TMZ_ex_07
People who are interacting with Lindsay tell TMZ she has been in obsessive denial over her surrender Tuesday, when she must begin serving a 90-day jail sentence -- which will be whittled down to 22 days behind bars.

Lindsay is convinced there is still a way she can avoid jail, even though Shapiro made it clear he would only rep her if she went to the pokey.

Here's the irony -- Lindsay expects Shapiro to pull a Shawn Chapman Holley ... code for getting the judge to overlook her past screwups and keep her a free woman.  Holley eventually quit when Judge Marsha Revel made it clear ... there were no more cards to play.

And, we're told, the reason it took so long to find a new lawyer is because Lindsay only wanted someone who could keep her out of jail but no credible lawyer would make that promise.

And here's the thing. From what we're hearing, there is no way in hell Judge Revel is going to back down.

0708_lohan_court_footer

KellyR

@132: Well said... I KNEW there was a reason I liked you LOL

Louis

She needs to just face the music, do her time, and stop living in a dreamworld that she's gonna avoid a jail sentence.

ic

Anyone that takes Dilaudid which is taken for withdrawal from Heroin needs more time to withdraw..depending on how long she is taking it the judge will probably give her an extension or make her take it in jail...but this little girl needs rehab quick and needs to be on probation for a long time...

Pimpcessa

KellyR,

I was under the impression she would not be allowed any, even prescription, drugs in Lynnwood unless it was life threatening. None of those drugs are for life threatening disorders. I think they allow drugs like dilantin which is for siezures, which could be life threatening if untreated. I really thought that's why she's at the "sober living" house, so she could detox in a better environment than in jail.

lowens1975

If she does't think it's a 'done deal' maybe she should call Wesly Snipes for advice. She doesn't want to believe it because she doesn't want to do the time. Get over yourself, you're not too 'special' to go to jail.

Tired of toxomom

I fully believe there will be a 5150 call on the sober living facility this evening. someone there will pull a Britney all in an effort to avoid paying the piper tomorrow.

Tired of toxomom

Jack - there is no such thing as "borderline compliance" with a court order. You either follow it, or you don't. She didn't, so now she has to pay the consequences.

beachgal

A 5150 hold would possibly put her on suicide watch, which means she is under 24/7 surveillance & maybe in a strait jacket so she can't harm herself... it'd be worse for her than jail. But then she may end up in a psych ward anyways because she's going to wig out when they put her in a cell with NO ciggybutts.

pat

The day is young. I can't wait to see what she will pull off.

And she will pull something off like a half-hearted suicide attempt or simulate somekind of breakdown in order to end up in the infirmary ward where she'll have more room.

I doubt she is going to see the actual jail cell she desereves.

I kinda hope she makes a run for it and a warrant is issued for her arrest whereby she will have more time added to her sentence. Then rehab and another year of SCRAM Wear.

She really needs to be knocked down a few pegs.

Bitch

Klipper, you are a mean human being. How can you wish someone dead?

Georgia Wife

She had too many warnings and 'get out of jail free' cards. A common citizen would not have been giving all the cards to play with that LL got. I don't feel sorry for this waste of space by any means. I wish she had to serve the FULL 90 days in jail and FULL 90 days in rehab. She needs the help AND punishment.
I think a reality TV series of her pain and suffering in the jail would make for good TV and a great example to the other celebrities who think they're above the law.

KellyR

@ 135. And she isn't even on the dilaudid to detox, she got the script for getting her WISDOM teeth out LOL All I got was Motrin... dilaudid is what they had my dad on when the morphine stopped working in his end stages of prostate cancer. California docs must be the ****, i might have to move out there for some good stuff LMAO

Georgia Wife

Jack- She, IMHO, is a violent person. She STOLE a car and raced through the streets, running red lights, with others' lives at risk. She also 'kidnapped' those that were in the vehicle which involuntarily involved them in a possibly deadly chase. The people she was chasing were also in danger. A car/vehicle is considered a deadly weapon.
How can ANYONE think she isn't violent?

Jazabel

For all of those who think that this article is false

I spend 45 days in prison, prior to not revealing my source. I come from Slovenia, and our government wanted me to reveal my source and i said not to, so they found the smallest crime i could ever commit and charged me with 45 days in prison. At prison they wanted me to reveal my source, and even promised me that thay would let me go if i do what they say. I didnt and they made my life living hell. The important thing is that i survived and the source remained hidden from the goverment, and believe me they tried their best.

What am i trying to say is, that every journalist makes a promise that needs to be kept, if he doesnt do so, he betrays his work ethics-

DJ

I hope that when she finally realizes that she HAS to go to jail, she will realize that her life is out of control. I'm hoping, don't think it will happen, but I'm hoping!